November 14th, 2013

Typhoon Haiyan: One week later

One week after the super typhoon hit, the humanitarian crisis in the Philippines is still unfolding. Anderson discussed the latest on the situation with CNN reporters Nick Paton Walsh, Ivan Watson, and Andrew Stevens.

Post by:
Filed under: Typhoon Haiyan
  1. Sharon

Thank u so much Sir, we followed all your reports and so much thankful for reporting the truth. On behalf of the filipino people here in Montreal, Canada.. Thank's again

November 16, 2013 at 1:55 pm |
  2. Clint roferos

Sir we were realy thankful of what you do for my country men, i just want my countrymen around the globe how our govenment do with the relief that we received from other countries, i together with a friend volunteered to help repack goods here, there are relief goods which should be delivered in the area are being delivered in a military camp and dswd and nfa warehouses, as we do the repacking we notice thatgoods that are donated by some country which is should be good to go coz its already been packed the one incharge told us to take it out and repack again with a bag that has dswd print nfa prints, in my mind thousands of my countrymen are waiting for it but yet my government delayed it more, what a shame , when we see that we decided not to stay long we cannot take how my govenment do the help....it maybe because most of the mayors in area being hit as not president ally during election they lambasted the president bet during elections and i guess this the other way my our president respond to them..i am pround of my country but i am not proud of my govenment...

November 16, 2013 at 7:49 am |
  3. Enrique Alcazar

Maraming salamat po Anderson Cooper, CNN and all the nations in the world for helping my people in the Philippines. God Bless you all. MABUHAY!

November 15, 2013 at 9:05 pm |
  4. Mayu Contreras

Anderson, my family and I would like to send you and all your colleagues in CNN, our heartfelt thanks for your extensive and fair coverage of the catastrophic effects of typhoon Haiyan in Central Philippines. You guys brought the story of my countrymen to the world and this has helped a great deal in rallying other countries to commit and send the much needed aid to the devastated areas. We know that it would be really hard to manage the relief efforts just by ourselves given the massive scale of destruction, but the pain that we feel right now is somewhat eased upon knowing that the whole world is looking after us as well.
    Thank you and God bless you all!

November 15, 2013 at 6:04 pm |
  5. monica

Mr Cooper, i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being actually there in the heart of devastation. thank you for showing us what's really going on-we believe in every report you make, and we absolutely agree with you about our government for not having a quick response nor have an effective plan for disaster coordination help-because we don't! we don't have enough funds as majority of the government official leaders are corrupting the people's money. im afraid even the goods donated will be stolen as well..pls help make sure that the help will go to the people, not on their pockets!!!! and also you don't have to explain to the world and to korina sanchez anything!!!! they're always worried about their showbiz image....once again.thank you sir for your selfless service.God Bless you

November 15, 2013 at 10:46 am |
  6. LIBERTY C. MARTINEZ

Keep up the good work in the Philippines AC as you have done in previous assignments like Haiti and Japan. The world needs to know what is actually happening there thru your kind of reporting, journalistic integrity based on the principles of truth, accuracy and factual knowledge. Yay. Filipino Americans appreciate you. Stay safe.

November 15, 2013 at 10:01 am |
  7. Ofelia Marco

Sir Anderson from the bottom of our hearts,thank you thank you for your support and sympathy,you don't need to explain to anybody about your report we know the prestige and how accurate your report we saw from our own eyes,we Filipinos are grateful to all of you who helped our country in these tough times.God bless you more and more

November 15, 2013 at 8:08 am |
  8. Natalie Agoncillo Prado

I have been following your reports and thank you for keeping us updated. I apologize for the politics - please pay no mind to Korina, she is defensive because her husband has political aspirations to run for president. On behalf of the Filipino people worldwide, we thank you!

November 15, 2013 at 6:45 am |