November 12th, 2013

Searching for loved ones in Tacloban

For those who survived Typhoon Haiyan, a new reality is setting in. Many live without knowing if loved ones survived the storm. Anderson met some Tacloban residents desperately searching for their missing family members.

Post by:
Filed under: Typhoon Haiyan
  1. Joy

My mother and I are very worried about my grandma and uncles and aunt's we have yet to hear from. I'm asking that if anyone has seen my uncle who is an aerobics instructor and knows a lot of people there. His name is Romulo Claros, but everyone calls him Bobot. he would be traveling with y grandma Cristita Claros and his niece Mary Ann. I'm not sure right off hand if anyone else would be with them. They live in the neighborhood San Gerardo Heights. My other uncle and family live in the heart of tacloban, i'm not sure of the name of the street. But my uncles name is Rolanba Claros but he goes by Toy-Toy. My family and I deeply appreciate any information regarding our family members. Thank you, Thank you to everyone for all your help. The video's, lists being posted of survivors and casualties.

November 14, 2013 at 7:36 pm |
  2. camcam molina

i hope all the donations coming from other countries will go straight to the typhoon victims not in the pocket of the politicians and faked lgu's... the national government of the philippines is like a turtle in a land they moved really really slow to help the victims with no concrete planning how to distribute the relief goods...:-((((

November 13, 2013 at 10:06 pm |
  3. Zac Faelnar

Thank you, Anderson Cooper, for bravely and truthfully reporting what my fellow-Filipinos and the world need to know. Surely you and your team know that our entire nation rushed and joined hands from Day 1 to gather and send relief goods and funding for all the survivors. On facebook alone, updates, announcements, communication and coordination run non-stop. Of course, so do the bickering, laments and criticisms on our government, and on each other, as the online opinions and views depend very much on individual political inclinations, and not always on the reality that the disaster areas face. But despite the challenges, the majority of the Filipino people are carrying on with the deep desire to aid the Typhoon Haiyan victims and rescue them from despair. So, to you and the rest of the CNN team, thank you. Carry on. God bless you. Suzanne "Zac" Faelnar, Operation Rainbow—Typhoon Relief and Rehabilitation Initiative Since 2006

November 13, 2013 at 10:02 pm |
  4. Candelaria C.Mendoza,M.D.

Believe me , I just gave my donations to at least three big organizations including Philippine Red Cross with my chest palpitating ( you know what I mean) but I still gave thinking that somehow part of the donation will reach the people whom it's meant to be. Hopefully , this time those .... will be struck by genuine concern and sensitivity ,empathy and sympathy.

November 13, 2013 at 9:05 pm |
  5. Daisy

In any calamity a big frustration is inability to be reunited with loved ones. It's time we put a system in place as a kit. Like in hospital hand tags for patients so people should wear a hand tag showing individual's complete name, mother's name and father's name so if the information is put on database, will be easy to search where they end up staying or what happened to them after the calamity. The tag should be waterproof and should withstand tampering.

November 13, 2013 at 8:56 pm |
  6. Brad Bartz

All I ask..PLEASE find my dearest friend, Mariquel Abella Pedida,from (Buri) Palo,Leyte and her family that I have ever known.I carry her and her kids in my heart forever.My last words from her hours before it hit was "My aunt is so scared",and I saw their faces on Skype and we were comforting each other.I was tryiing to cheer them up with hope,telling her about all the gifts I bought,sending them this month.Thank you for what you are all doing there.I would sell all I have to be there(my second home) again,helping those I know so dearly.Brad Bartz

November 13, 2013 at 5:31 pm |
  7. Raul Ongue Andres

We the people of the Philippines..we thank you Anderson Cooper for your true and Honest reporting from the City Tacloban, Leyte. we Truly appreciate your help and your whole crew of CNN..we hope you continue covering and watching and be vigilant in any case for distribution of relief goods all over the area of destructed city of Leyte...not only on one place but all over in Visayas region. and pls! keep focus on 29 nation that already giving million of dollars of aid donation to our country to rebuild.. hope will hand this money in a good hand not for a corrupt politician..but for the hungry survival Victims of Typhoon Yolanda..

November 13, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
  8. yVETTE ALBA

I'm happy that news is covering the distruction haiyan made I used to be a govt. employee when the flush flood of Omroc city happenned I just hope that the monetary donotions goes to red cross or UN not to the Phil. gov. as the supply officer of the local PDCC(provincial disaster coordinating Council) as what it was called before foriegn donation
    did not reach to the ones who needed it. I have families in Guiuan Samar how do we know if they are even alive, since I'm right now trying to focus the ones in Tacloban City. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP WE FILIPINOS ARE RECEIVING IN OUR TIME OF NEED....THANK YOU.

November 13, 2013 at 11:28 am |
  9. Marc Aguila

Very sad. Anderson, Thank you for coming to that area & bringing the disaster to the world's attention so that those who have nothing left, not even food or water, can receive some relief.

November 13, 2013 at 1:14 am |