February 3rd, 2012

Video: Activist: More than 200 Syrians killed in one day

Anderson Cooper talks to a Syrian activist who says the government is shelling Homs and more than 200 have been killed in a few hours.

Post by:
Filed under: Syria
  1. Ehsan

It is wrong what is going on in Syria but why people fighting to their own government instead launch peaceful demonstration
    if someone fire to their own army they must get the same response back. CNN should focus on syria their are much going on other places in the world.

February 6, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
  2. Alan Foughty-Killion

I was moved by the pleas of this man, reminding us the people being oppressed are human beings. I believe in our country and am a student of its history. I believe in the words in our founding documents. One applies to this situation as it does to many stories of the poor and humgry in our own country.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with cretian unalienable Rights, that amoun these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

I see this to mean all people have the right to, not be killied, to have freedoms that fit into the realm of a civilized society, and the opportunity to be happy. America being a world power and whos document of Independance states these words has not only the right but the obuglation to insure these basic rights to ouc citizens and to the citizens of the world.

February 5, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
  3. Ali

This man is not syrian, he has a turkish accent...

February 4, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  4. Diana

this is what a real MAN is .. thank u thank u for speaking up letting the world know the truth ....May God Protect u brother..we need more like u ..stay safe..i pray for u and ur ppl..this is soo sad..

February 4, 2012 at 9:50 am |
  5. Fawaz Elmasri

Thank you Anderson for being the voice of the voiceless. Keep supporting the Syrian people. The obstacle now is the Russian stand in regard to these massacres taking place in Homs and Idlib and Hama and Douma and all over the Syrian territory. Please urge your views to call or e-mail the Russian Embassy to express their outrage.

February 4, 2012 at 1:40 am |
  6. Robert J

How can we stop this? How can we (the world) hold our heads up and claim to belong to one human race and do nothing for the Syrians? What does our God think of people who can turn their head away and do nothing? As an American I'm sick and tired of ignoring the problems of the world when we have so much to be thankfu for.

Robert

February 4, 2012 at 1:17 am |
  7. ama

its been a long and bloody year, when will this end? clearly the syrian citizens are determined and will not back down. when will the world help?

February 4, 2012 at 12:21 am |
  8. Helene Atassi

My husband was born and raised in Homs, Syria. He grew up under the dictatorship of Assad's regime and knows of the sufferings of the Syrian people. He watches the news of Al Jazeera and it breaks my heart to see his tears as he listens and watches the death and destruction of the people of Homs. Your breaking news was so painful to watch, BUT please do not abandon further reporting of these atrocities by Assad's regime. I have only seen full and accurate coverage on Anderson 360. I pray my US government will come to aid these poor people.I hope the American people will feel the Syrian peoples pain and become their voice for freedom.!

February 3, 2012 at 10:56 pm |
  9. Rayan

What's happening in syria is heart breaking, I wish if we, the people of the world, have the power to stop this! unfortunatily governments are going to do nothing! my prayers to all the people of syria to win the battle against this criminal regime.

February 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
  10. Bsibai

This is my friend, from my hometown. Was shot had to go to england to heal and is now back in Homs fighting for his freedom on his birthday, Thank you Danny for showing the world the truth about the Horrible Assad Regime. Anderson Cooper PLEASE continue showing America, everyone needs to know!!

February 3, 2012 at 8:38 pm |