January 25th, 2012

Video: Bill Maher: Obama will beat Romney

Bill Maher predicts which presidential candidate will win in November and tells Anderson Cooper how he feels about the debates.

Post by:
Filed under: 2012 Election • 360° Interview • Raw Politics
  1. Teresa

Tell it like it is, Bill! <3

February 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
  2. tes

yay Ron Paul for president!

January 27, 2012 at 2:51 am |
  3. Chad Goldstein

Maher tells it like it is!!! Yes Obama will be back in Office

January 27, 2012 at 1:14 am |
  4. John

Anderson.
    You can do better then having Bill Maher on your program expressing his ultra liberal view on anything or anyone that may have a conservative point of view on politic, religion etc. Can anyone tell me anything that Bill Maher has ever contributed to your country besides employing a few unfortunate individuals at HBO that allow for him to express his toxic spew on that network.
    Do you recall when Bill Maher dressed up as a deceased Steve Irwin only weeks after Steve's death from a stingray encounter, for a Halloween party at the Playboy mansion. That was a really class thing to do, and with no regard to the feeling of Steve's grieving wife and daughter. That's the kind of unfeeling self involved individual Bill really is !!
    I really was impressed with his reference the "beating of the runaway sister wife". Come on Anderson!! call him out on that atleast. It's so replusive.
    Each and everyone one of the GOP candidates have accomplished more, given more of themselves to public service and contributed more to the USA then Bill Maher could ever dream of doing, because they wish to serve others with their time and energy to built something that is of substance for all. That is so far removed from the egoistical, self involved nature of Bill Maher you couldn't view the distance between with the Hubble telescope.
    I would have expected to see him talking that way on MSNBC not on AC 360, having found your interview little more than another opportunity to bash and slag Republican candidates who demonstrate the willingness to serve unlike Bill Maher who demonstrates nothing but the willingness of self promotion as shown by his continually laughing at his own vain attempt at comedy. In think I heard that was a sign of a demented mind, I could be wrong, but in his case, not so sure.

January 26, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
  5. Mike

Maher said Obama would "beat [Romney] like a runaway sister wife."

I get the whole sentiment Maher has towards right-wing politicians and religion, but that kind of jab is wrong to say on so many levels. Would the same lighthearted reaction have come if anyone said a GOP contender would beat Obama like a runaway slave? He can say what he wants, but I for one am gonna call him on it if he chooses to contribute to religious bigotry.

January 26, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  6. Darrick

Obama and Dems will win in a landslide and have large governing majorities in the House and Senate...66 senators and control of the House

January 26, 2012 at 10:53 am |
  7. Joyce Elliott

I have never commented on a TV program before, and I am moved to do so by the interview with Bill Maher on last night's 8:00 show. Discussing Mitt Romneys's chances of getting the republican nomination and winning the presidential election, Maher siad "I think Obama will beat him like a runaway sistah wife." I was simply stunned by the racism, sexism and anti-woman violence of this comment. I do not know why Maher would ever be on this show again. Anderson looked taken aback, but did not actaully push back on this comment. I realize Maher is a comedian, and still this was way out of bounds. A huge aplogy is the least you can do.

January 26, 2012 at 9:55 am |
  8. Deborah Evans

You bet he'll win.

January 26, 2012 at 8:14 am |
  9. Di

I agree with him about Ron Paul. Indeed being genuine.

January 26, 2012 at 3:07 am |
  10. James

I didn't think his wife beating joke was all that funny in the context of a serious political discussion.

January 26, 2012 at 1:30 am |