September 22nd, 2011

The RidicuList: R.E.M.

Editor's Note: R.E.M. says goodbye without warning, breaking hearts. CNN's Anderson Cooper puts the breakup on the RidicuList.

Filed under: The RidicuList
  1. paul nelson

why did isreal president at his u.n statement callrd the people of africa [other people] why

September 23, 2011 at 1:39 pm |
  2. Ann

We are so quick to call other countries extreme religious fanatics, some countries are saying that about us.

September 23, 2011 at 12:05 pm |
  3. Annarita Comunale

Very very sad , R.E.M are very big in Italy ,I'm sure we will miss them a lot. I hope to see them in concert once again. Grazie R.E.M.

September 23, 2011 at 11:56 am |
  4. Ann

There is never a right time to ever hit, slap a child or if you say spank that makes it ok, this is why theses kids will hit other children, thanks to the bible, oh one more thing if the bible had a rating for violence it would be the obscene & not suitable for children. We need a law that says, no child can be hit for any reason by anyone at any time . Two many churches two much power is a whole lot of trouble.

September 23, 2011 at 11:53 am |
  5. Jason

Seriously, Anderson? You are going to take a shot at Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band while whining and crying over a band that made itself famous off of songs you cant understand with three chords and the same verses repeated over and over in their music? It may be the end of the world as you know it, but I still have my Old Time Rock N Roll!

September 23, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  6. Beau

Thanks Anderson for giving REM the props they deserve. Their music kept me from taking my own life one afternoon years ago in High School when I was battling with depression. What a wonderful and rare band.

September 23, 2011 at 10:34 am |
  7. Sonia C

REM may be done forever. You know Berger broke up with Carrie Bradshaw on a post it and they never talked again.

September 22, 2011 at 11:05 pm |