August 9th, 2011

Video: Interview with Iman

Editor's note: Anderson talks to supermodel Iman about the famine in her home country and how the world can help.

Filed under: 360° Interview • 360° Radar • 360º Follow • Africa
  1. Jean

My tears are coming out.

I wish to be a billionaire to feed all these cute babies and pamper them and let them grow in peace with their family...to live happy and they will forget about that !!! I wish.

This so sad !!!

August 18, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
  2. Jedadiah McCrory

I watched this until 3 in the morning last night. My wife and I need someone to contact to help this cause. We are willing to do anything necessary to help. We have been blessed in this country and cant watch others hurt like this. People in America need to step up and know that they can make a major difference even without having alot of money on hand. Im willing to stand outside of wal-mart day in and day out to try and collect money for these helpless children. I feel its time for us to drop our cell phone bills and anything else that we dont absolutely need and put it towards a cause that makes a difference. Please, all I need is a way to contact someone...

August 11, 2011 at 11:14 am |
  3. Jerry

Somolia, WHY??? Have Americans forgotten the dead american soldier whose body was being dragged down the main street of Mogadishu? Have we forgotten the hijackings of ships off the coast and holding the ships crew hostage for millions of dollars! Let not get involved with helping terrorists steal more money from the people by sending supplies, food, or medical supplies. The day after we help the people they will be spitting in our faces and the war lords laughing. If you truely want to help the people, level the government buildings, bomb the military bases, go after the war lords and give the people a new start.

August 10, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
  4. Lee M

Can you please name on the show the organizations that are operating the rescue camp so people can donate directly to them?

August 10, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  5. kenman10

I want to know where the hell the UN is? And why isn't everyone attacking this worthless, political scam of members of mostly dictator-led nations? If the UN were legitimate, there would be no such chronic areas of the world with starving and diseased children and ignorant and self-destructive adults. For Pete's sake, the Romans built aqueducts to supply areas with water more than 2,000 years ago! If this organization is not capable of such a thing, MOVE THE PEOPLE!

August 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
  6. Rml

Where is the link where viewers can donate? It should be obviously visible!

August 10, 2011 at 12:59 pm |
  7. Pastor Clark

I was just wondering about Iman. I saw on television the other night when you were interviewing her about her home land and the starvation they are having in Somalia. I heard her talking about the devastation and all the help needed. I the bible says the poor will always be with us.I was just wondering what she was doing to help. I know she is a Super Model, so I know she probably well off, but I did hear her say anything about what she is doing or how many children she is helping or feeding in her homeland. I was just curious and wanted to know what she is doing.

August 10, 2011 at 9:19 am |
  8. aden

Those people Should have better life better life

August 10, 2011 at 3:55 am |
  9. Sa`ado

Dear Anderson Cooper
    I want to mostly thank you for bringing the plight of the Somalian crisis to the forefront, and hopefully
    by showing the conditions more people will act to end the misery. I love that you dare to go to
    places that most forget , and show them to the world.You are truely a global reporter.
    Much love and may you and your crew be safe!

August 10, 2011 at 3:50 am |
  10. Liban

Iman is angel thank you so much for raising your voice for this we love you iman .

August 10, 2011 at 3:31 am |
  11. Sandi

Iman, a millionare, is asking others to give to her country. Her time costs her nothing. I good give $10, and she tried to make me feel it would make a difference. Why doesn't she give $500,000, that would really make a difference to those starving in Somalia. How someone with her life style to not see that makes me wonder about "rich" people.

August 10, 2011 at 3:11 am |
  12. Holly

Anderson, thank you for covering this story. this is sickening. The feel of helplessness is overwhelming. I hope that we can help. We have the resources here in the U.S. why hasent something been done already? This is horrible. For the amount of people that have tons of money, why cant we help feed these helpless people?

August 10, 2011 at 2:29 am |
  13. Lilian

How can I help with Somalia, where do I send money to?

August 10, 2011 at 2:21 am |
  14. CSeaton

The dying children of Somalia should indeed be THE headline all around the world. Thank you, Anderson Cooper, for getting to the story and bringing more attention, and, hopefully, help. Stay with it.

August 10, 2011 at 12:44 am |
  15. Mary

Anderson
    I really appreciate and love what you do. I hate when I tune into your program and someone else is hosting. The reason I am posting is when Haiti needed the aid and I felt the pain because I had visited Haiti and loved the people. I sent in a donation to "Save the Children" and a couple of other charities. The only one who kept sending mail to make more donations was save the children. I believe they probably spent all the money I wanted to go to Haiti in supplies and postage to continue to ask for more. I was very disappointed in that organization.

August 9, 2011 at 11:06 pm |
  16. Angela

Where can I give money? I don't see any link to donate. Please help.

August 9, 2011 at 11:03 pm |
  17. Lisa Belverud

Why as us as Americans can't adopt these children with no cost to help save them from death??? I understand the grief from the parents.. but wouldn't it be better to know that their children lived!!!

August 9, 2011 at 11:02 pm |
  18. Randell Nez

Where and who can I send donation desperately needed in Somalia?

August 9, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  19. bob

If you want to help these desitute people spread the rumor Somolia sits on a vast lake of oil and gas. That will get the world's attention. Cynical as it is, that is all that seems to matter in the world today. Got gas/oil. we will help. No gas/oil, so sorry.

August 9, 2011 at 10:29 pm |