August 3rd, 2011

Video: KTH: Congress in Recess

Editor's note: Congress takes a five-week summer recess, as many as 74-thousand workers could be without a paycheck. We're keeping "them" honest.

Filed under: 360° Radar • 360º Follow • Raw Politics
  1. Joseph, Texas

Congress is now in recess for the next 5 weeks...I can't even remember the last time I was able to take a 1 week recess (vacation)! I believe the majority of Americans work non-stop without a "recess" because it is necessary, it is required, in order to pay the bills, to put food on the table, to keep a roof over our families heads. I wish we all could take a 5-week recess! Where would each of us be if in our own familial financial troubles, we would take a 5-week "recess" and postpone finding solutions to our own economic troubles? We would be out on the street! And that is where the members of Congress should be! Bring them back from their recess to work on jobs, the economy......I say leave them ALL on a permanent recess!

August 11, 2011 at 1:28 am |
  2. Hattie Smith

I cannot stress enuf that CONGRESS MUST COME BACK. It was hard for me to believe congress would take a recess during this crisis. And Obama needs to come back and work along with them. SHOW US THE LEADERSHIP AND STONG GUIDANCE. No weakness aloud!!!!!!!!

August 10, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
  3. Rose

Obama and congress on vact. That's great while the whole country waits to see what they are going to do. I can tell you nothing they have jobs, homes,money and were paying for it. They take vact. While Americans wait to see if they'll be able to feed their families. Can't believe America puts up with them, either americans are getting to old to fight or the young just don't care.

August 7, 2011 at 1:24 pm |
  4. j. blair

Anderson...writing this to you before I go on vacation...it is amazing to me that we have just heard the latest bit from our Congress that what they just passed is not perfect, but it is what is is...so let's set up a committee of 12 and give them till November to make cuts...that's 4 months...oh I'm sorry that's 3 months to figure out the U.S.'s biggest debt issue in history...Congree has to think about this...hmmm let's see...let's go on vacation for 5 weeks...we worked so hard these last five days whew...

August 5, 2011 at 11:05 am |
  5. Marc Anthony Seda

Hey Anderson, by no means have I ever considered myself to be a rocket scientist or a nuclear physicist. The point that I am trying to make is; How in the world do you leave on vacation when the easiest bill that you will ever sign sits on your desk? I am talking about the FAA Bill. This is how arrogant these politicians are. There is nothing to think about here. This is not the GOP against the Democrats. Its $30 million a day being lost in airline passenger taxes. I guess the stupid thing to do, would be to use that money to keep the people at FAA employed and hire the 75,000 construction workers needed to finish up the projects that are in the works. For the life of me, I don't see how these ingrates walk away and leave these poor people hanging like this. I can't even put it into words. Please Anderson, tell me what your thoughts are about this! I am losing faith in the very system that works better for the politicians than the American people. Anderson, make mention of this tonight on your show! Who is standing up for the people! You are going to have to embarrass these politicians publicly in order to get them back to sign this bill. This is what it has come to! Do the numbers! $30 million a day x 150 days= $4.5 billion dollars. The words; I'm proud to be an American don't flow so easily off of my tongue as in years past. This is a sad day to be an American!

August 5, 2011 at 1:18 am |
  6. Harold

This B.S.with congress going of on vacation and leaving 70 some thousand FAA employees – that most of which probably voted for them ,without a pay check, is just that B.S. Why dont we take their pay checks away from them till they get the FAA and buget in order. I bet they would do it in record time.

August 4, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  7. B. Adams

The House did pass a bill using the same language as a long bill passed by the Senate to cover most of the problem. Harry Reid decided the bill wasn't good enough and refused to let the Senators vote on it. He job is not that of Dictator. The Senate has a lot of smart people and are fully capable of approving or disapproving the bill. I say call the Senate back to vote on what the House passed. If the Senate does not pass it, then call the House back in.

August 4, 2011 at 8:08 am |
  8. Marianne Hochman

I'm struggling to get on my feet after a series of tragedies. I certainly don't feel sorry for our politicians who take so many liberties at the taxpayers expense. At the very least I think if they take time off it should be without pay or benefits. Regular vacations should apply ... The average citizen doesn't even get two weeks off. I like the email sent around stating to give them the benefits we the people have. We the people have given them the power. Why not take it back. Our judicial system is filled with greed and without the concerns for anyone other than themselves. Most of my tragedy that I am recovering from has to do with our messed up judicial system. Other countries have asked why our country does not take care of us. Simple the politicians don't care as long as they keep getting their slice of the pie.

August 4, 2011 at 1:46 am |
  9. Dave

Again, congress is showing the world that the American dream is dying an ugly death. The "leaders" that are supposedly representing the people, (not just political egos), have failed the working-class. "We The People" are totally helpless until the next election. Even then, are the new guys presented by the power masters any better?
    My retirement investments are in very real danger of being killed. As are many other middle-class retirees. The world market has already shown little confidence in the once great nation that was.

August 3, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
  10. Mary Read Middleton

My husband and I are both totally disgusted with all members of Congress and intend to vote any sitting member out of office at future elections! We're sorry to see our President submit to the demands of the Right and appalled at the lack of sensitivity to those who have less than they - they've got there's now, the rest of us are just out of luck. Senators & congressmen and women have paid millions of dollars to get into Congress so that they never have to again worry about all the things the rest of us have to worry about – food for those living below the poverty level, aid to college students, medical care for the sick, Social Security, healthcare, etc. I believe it's too late to keep them honest, Anderson! Thanks. Mary

August 3, 2011 at 11:42 pm |
  11. Delphichomeboy

Boehner is keeping his promise that he would do any thing in his power to make sure Obama not re-elected, event on the back of Americans. Its time the Republicans stop being selfish and do something to benefit the American people. Prove they deserve to be in congress and get the FAA employees back to work

August 3, 2011 at 11:33 pm |