July 7th, 2011

Casey Anthony Getting Out of Jail Next Week: Join the Live Chat

Casey Anthony will be released from prison on Wednesday. And for the first time since she learned her sentence for lying to police, we're hearing from her defense attorney Cheney Mason. He blasted some in the media for a rush to judgment in the case. Wait to you see his on take on the case before he joined the legal team. We're keeping them honest. And we have new information on just what happened when the jury deliberated - at one point they were split on a guilty verdict. Plus, tonight's other headlines.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Paula, Colorado

Great program tonight! It's good to see the Ridiculist back.

July 7, 2011 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! "Right on, Willie!"

July 7, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  3. lisal -canada

i was going to say something about cheech and chong – wasn't there a scene in one of their movies where they were stopped by a motorcycle policeman and the exhaust was blowing pot smoke – it was a really funny scene – why do i see that scene but with willie nelson's tour bus in place of the van!!

July 7, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  4. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, everyone and my friends!!!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    That's so silly I like ridiculist Willie Nelson's judge , LOL! So funny Anderson, Thanks Anderson!!!! I agree wiith you, Anderson!

Anderson,
    Have a great night & good sleep at home after work!!!
    See you tomorrow morning and night!!! Just a plenty sleep at home!

July 7, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  5. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Interesting show. Thank you and good night Anderson & Team 360.

Good night fellow writers – facinating discussion. I wish all of you a safe & peaceful day tomorrow.

Alway LOVE the rediculist!

July 7, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  6. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I hope everything goes well with the space shuttle tomorrow morning.

July 7, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I agree, Me too!!!!

July 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  7. DIana

It boggles the mind that the jury could find her guilty of lying but not guilty of anything else?? I wish we could ask the jurors how did they come to an aquittal on the abuse/neglect charge and manslaughter?? even if she did not do it, she is still the mother of that child and in most states you are responsible for your child. did that not apply here??

July 7, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
  8. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I don't know if they have approve this bill be cut by both of them....... People are going to change vote Republicans........ I don't think it will approve for that!

July 7, 2011 at 10:52 pm |
  9. Paula, Colorado

–Hope the space shuttle launch goes well!

July 7, 2011 at 10:52 pm |
  10. lisal -canada

oh i hope the launch takes place – have a waffle, whipped cream and strawberries breakfast planned tomorrow morning around it!

July 7, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  11. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Wow, we got that kind of money!

July 7, 2011 at 10:50 pm |
  12. Nina

I just cannot believe that we are waiting and possibly will default on our loans. Social security is Not entitlement as the money was taken out of each paycheck for years... That is not entitlement... that is bought and paid for...

July 7, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  13. Gulsum Ramazanoglu

Hi there,
    You the Americans evaluated Casey Anthony by the respect of murder, and yes, it was legally just, albeit unconscientious. By this respect system worked very well, since you cant jail someone on a doubt, even if its strong. But now isnt it the right time to sue this lady for another crime, "not taking action" for her daughter who is lost for 31 days? If you dont legally evaluate and punish her by this respect, there will be a big hole in justice.

July 7, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
  14. Sharon Hastings

Is anyone else as sick of Washington politics as usual as I am? Here we go again about whether it's possible for them to work together to solve our debt crisis. The whole country suffers while they posture and bicker.

July 7, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  15. Heidi

I had the opportunity to watch the Anthony Trial for the past month. The outcome confused me. I have served on a trial in which a man claimed to be attacked by a police officer and it only took us five hours to figure out the verdict and we asked further questions while we deliberated! I think no one on the jury wanted to live with the guilt of putting someone to death.
    And in regards to Casey Anthony, the only thing that comes to mind to her freedom is, "what goes around, comes around".

July 7, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
  16. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Wow, so the paintings don't have those security taps on them like CD's, DVD'S etc.?

July 7, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yes, Gloria...... Including anything else.......

July 7, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  17. lisal -canada

nice shot! i suppose that's one way of running into each other

July 7, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
  18. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Oh no, Anderson!!!! LOL!!!! OUCH!!!!!! That was not good shot!!!!!!

July 7, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
  19. Mike_A

Forensic evidence, "reasonable doubt", slice it any way you like. These jurors suspended their common sense judgement and entered a world of "imaginary friends" just like Casey. They could have come back to the judge and ASKED for some guidance on the law regarding dumping a child's body in a laundry bag in a swamp? If they believed or couldn't come to grips with the fact that it was premeditated murder, could they have at least applied some common sense and ask how a 2 year old can be dumped in the woods with duct tape attached to her body? The jury upheld the "law" but demonstrated pathetic absence of common sense.

July 7, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
  20. martha tootill

Anderson this search group outta Texas was hired by the Anthony's (Cindy) thus they need to go after them !

July 7, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
    • Chad Louisiana

I am very curious. I understand that the media had Casey convicted before she even went to court. What I want to know is this, If she was found guilty, would the search team from Texas be sueing her still? If she was found guilty then they couldn't get any money from her because she was facing the death penalty, but since she is innocent a proven by a jury of her peers which is the AMERICAN way, she is going to be sued by everyone that was involved and thinks they can get a penny from her. She has the right to move on with her life regardless what ANYONE OF US THINKS!!!!!!!! They need to let her be and move on with her life. She has to suffer enough knowing that her daughter is not coming home when she gets out of jail and wheather she did or not she has to live with that also. Let her move on with her life. That is all she has left.......

July 7, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  21. Charlie

I am a Christian and i do believe that there is a judge that we all have to face one day; he is fierce in his punishment and kind in his forgiveness and he never gets any judgement wrong.
    So Casey may think that she has evaded judgement in this life but if she is guilty of harming her daughter in any way she would have to face the altimate judge when she leaves this world.
    God bless Kaylee and i pray for that beatiful child and shed tears for her as my heart is breaking every time i think about her or see her pictues.

Charlie

July 7, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  22. Sharon Hastings

I sure wish the jury would speak to us about what they think about the duct tape over the skull, a decomposing body having been in Casey's trunk, the body found in a bag in the woods, the lies, lies, and more lies, the 31 days, and why she would hide an accident.

July 7, 2011 at 10:33 pm |
  23. Andrew White

Dear Anderson,
    I've watched CNN and HLN get hysterical over the Casey Anthony trial and ignore the number one thing that the prosecution had to prove: "Was Caley murdered?" This the prosecution could not prove. They asked the jury to make assumptions based on Casey's actions and draw the conclusion that murder must have been committed. They could not show how Caley died, in which case death by misadventure was just as plausible. The jury had no alternative but to conclude that the prosecution’s case was not proven. If the citizens of Florida are outraged, tell them to hang the prosecutor for a job badly done.

July 7, 2011 at 10:33 pm |
    • Mike_A

So, NO crime was committed here? Are you kidding me?

July 7, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
    • Chad Louisiana

I fully agree. I think they should blame the prosecution instead of Casey Anthoney. She will have to face judgment one day but it shouldnt be by the people of Florida. They have already said she is innocent.

July 7, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  24. Lynn, New Jersey

How can Casey get off!! SHE was the last person to see her little baby girl alive. She has made fools out of everyone she has every come in contact with. What a huge disappointment from our JUSTICE system. Makes me want to Puke every
    time I think about little beautiful Calyee, her little body being eating by animals, BUGS. Casey shouldn't have the right to EVER see the light of day again!!! She was not a good mother. You know how I know that – I am a mother, and I always knew where my baby was at ALL times.

July 7, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That's right, Lynn......... I agree with you!!!!!!!!

July 7, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
    • DIana

Hi Lynn
      I am a Mom too I have a litte one 2 1/2 years old and he is never far from me, how can they not see that Casey not kowing where her daughter was or lying about where she was is not a crime?? If it was you or I we would be investigated by childf=rens and families, the police and then hauled off to jail for neglect.. How could the jury not see that?? at least

July 7, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
  25. lisal -canada

their family is going to have to look forward and create themselves a new future

July 7, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  26. Lisa

Is disposing of a body in a laundry bag not a crime? If they are going with the story that Caylee drowned on June 16 then at least charge George, Casey or both with Illegally disposing of human remains. This is an outrage. To say that it was an accident is one thing but there was still a crime committed here.

July 7, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
    • DIana

I agree with you. DId the Jury not hear the same case we did?? their verdict is mind boggling

July 7, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  27. DIana

Hello everyone,
    THere is just a couple of questions I have regarding the case, I can understand them not wanting to convict for a capitol crime the death penalty, but there were lesser charges, manslaughter and child abuse.neglect, when has it ever been ok to lie about your childs wearabouts for 30 + days... then during trial to say she drowned, again where was her mother who in the eyes of the law is ultimatly responsible for her. I am sorry but the jurors to me looked no further than the murder charge, it saddens me that now it sends a message that you can do a crime and there is no consequences for them. very sad.

July 7, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point question, Diana....
      Yes. There is possible..... I am sure of that...... there is no system as well, so that will be change lesser than more 20 years in the future...... I doubt that we don't know how long for sure. Thanks for asking........

July 7, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  28. Paula, Colorado

People can respect the jury process and believe the principles of the Constitution without agreeing with the outcome of this case.

July 7, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Paula well stated!!

July 7, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  29. Matt

That one juror said that there was no proof of murder??? How many non-murdered people are put in bags?? None I know of....... murdered victims? Many.......dismembered, put in bags, burned, buried, put in cases, metal drums, wrapped in sheets........ The child was murdered.....murderers want to dispose of their crimes......no body ....no crime. but this body WAS found......just couple that with her missing for a month?? Thats huge circumstantial evidence.

July 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  30. Sharon Hastings

You wonder how Casey can put together a life for herself now. I suppose she will easily find a man to marry her. Look at all these people that marry inmates in prison. I am very concerned that she will most likely have other children. I predict we haven't heard the last of her getting into some kind of trouble. Remember, she's a thief and a liar, most likely a murderer. Trouble will follow her wherever she goes.

July 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  31. Ebony

Anderson love the show.There are a lot of theories about what may have happened to that sweet little girl. One thing for certain however is that her mother KNOWS what happened and for that she is just as guilty.

July 7, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
  32. Chris

I believe most people felt the judge was pro prosecution but it doesn't really matter. Not a horse race, not a baseball game and not a heavy weight in Clark.

July 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  33. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Good evening Anderson & Team 360.

Hello blogger friends!!

I'm very disturbed at the reaction and judgement against the jury. People Need to Respect their verdict – the system worked, there was not enough evidence!

July 7, 2011 at 10:15 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yes Starr..... I agree! Good point there!

July 7, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  34. Julieta Rossi Pedrosa

Greetings from Brazil. In my country those who were pay attention to the trial development became baffled with its result. The little girl didn't have Justice and her mother maybe will cash in with the whole history.

July 7, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
  35. Nina

"Without a reasonable" doubt is a double edge sword. It is there to protect someone who is truly innocent and can also be cause to allow someone guilty off the hook. I prefer to leave it as is, in order to protect the innocent!

July 7, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
  36. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I couldn't believe Cheney Mason blasted whole media networks!!!!!! Don't dare say to all media!!!!!! I am sorry, Cheney...... I also disagree with you!
    Very sad for me that Caylee died!

July 7, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
  37. Kelly, PA

Has cayley received a funeral or memorial service?

Please, if casey gets book or movie deals, please don't give her any press, please!

July 7, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Has cayley received a funeral or memorial service?
      Yes, They had already a funeral or memorial service as well, Kelly......

July 7, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
  38. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Hellooooo everyone and Anderson!!!!
    HappyThursday night!!!!!!!

Anderson!!!!!!
    Welcome back anchor!!! I can't wait forward see lauch out of the world and your coverage from Kennedy Space Center tomorrow morning!

July 7, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
  39. Sharon Hastings

Good evening everyone. I continue to be amazed at this verdict. I was so sure she would be convicted and I still can't believe that ALL 12 jurors agreed so quickly to acquit. What a tragedy for Caylee and for the whole family. Something about this particular case captured the hearts and minds of so many of us.

July 7, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point..... Me either, I don't believe that 12 jury had quick accquit Casey Anthony as well, They were so confusing right now that might have finger point at George Anthony as well.

July 7, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  40. lisal -canada

well i only watched bits and pieces of day-end summaries of this trial, but i can't say that i am surprised by the verdict or the sentencing

July 7, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
  41. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Our legal system is not the greatest; however, it does benefit the good, the bad, and the ugly! "It's the American Way!" I leave this case in God's hand for true justice for little Caylee!

July 7, 2011 at 10:06 pm |
    • Nina

Agreed and stated very well.

July 7, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point there, I agree with you.... Gloria.

July 7, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
  42. Nina

Good evening everyone

So sad that a child (Kalyee) was murdered......

July 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  43. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! Welcome back from Cuba. It's great to see you on. I'm looking forward to your coverage from the Kennedy Space Center. The whole Casey Anthony trial is a sad disappointment.

July 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  44. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

July 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm |