Will Casey Anthony Get Billed by the State of Florida?: Join the Live Chat
July 6th, 2011

Will Casey Anthony Get Billed by the State of Florida?: Join the Live Chat

We have several breaking developments in the Casey Anthony case, including word that the state of Florida will seek reimbursement for "special costs" due to the investigation and trial. Martin Savidge has the latest details live from Orlando. Plus, the Raw Politics of the debt ceiling showdown. And, 'The Shot' will give you a whole new perspective on dust storms.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Lindsay

I think they should she lied and lied...I hope they do make her pay it back caylee deserves that... I also think they could find out more in years to come...

July 6, 2011 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night John, everyone and my friends!!!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!

John,
    See you tomorrow night doubleheaders!

July 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  3. Emily

Have a great night everyone!

July 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  4. Emily

I wonder if Casey Anthony will have to serve anymore time when sentenced on Thursday, or will she walk out that day?

July 6, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  5. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Dr. Drew's analysis was extraordinary. I truly pray she is not allowed to have Any more children!

Thank you & good night John & Team 360.

Good night fellow writers, i wish you all a safe & peaceful day tomorrow.

July 6, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
  6. Ann

Of course she be charged for the costs.....if she had told "the truth" 3 years ago, all of this money wouldn't have been spent.....but I guess it took her 3 years to come up with the story

July 6, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  7. Jaker

Casey Anthony went through enough trauma at the trial & the JURY found no evidence to acquit her so why should she have to pay, she's paid enough already with death of her daughter (RIP) & being thrown out of her home. Too much of "Enough" I say.

July 6, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
    • Jaker

Sorry CNN, I meant to say the JURY found no reason to find her guilty of any of the main charges. The rest is meant as written, I have been writing so much on this case before & after the juries decision, that I'm nearly dizzy with words.

July 6, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
    • Keith

And the taxpayers of Florida are supposed to pay for the thousands of hours of police time spent looking for a child that she know was already dead. The cops were not working for free and somebody has to pay their salaries.

July 6, 2011 at 11:00 pm |
  8. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That's right, Marcia Clark, Good point!!!!! I agree!

July 6, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  9. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I love Jeff Toobin. His honesty & level headed analysis is refreshing!

July 6, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  10. Keith

I suspect that Casey Anthony will get sued by everyone that she lied to or slandered. That child search must have cost a fortune. And suspect that Casey's job prospects are limited to riding around Miami in the back of an old bus filming naughty movies.

July 6, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point Keith!

July 6, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
    • Emily

@Keith,
      Have you heard anything about Calyee's father?
      I would imagine his would be the first name in the suit against her!

July 6, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
      • Keith

I have not seen anything but lies and nonsense concerning the biological father. It is possible that the father may be dead.

July 6, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Emily

What saved OJ Simpson after his trial was he, "was going to find the real killer"....
    I wonder what Casey Anthony is going to do?

July 6, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  12. Emily

I can agree that it's a complete stretch for 1st degree murder!
    However, it was not the only one she was charged with! (and I'm not referring to "lying to the police")

July 6, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  13. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good for Florida state take new legal action against Casey Anthony!!!!!! YES!

July 6, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

LOL@ John and Isha!!!!!!
    Very funny!!!! Yes! I want my ring back..... I agree with him..... he wanted ring back..... That why she said no! 🙂

July 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  15. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

OMG!!!!!!!! I love "The Shot" Wow!!!! What shock in Phoenix, Duststorm rolls in!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
    • Martina

The photo of the evening sky with city lights and the dust storm behind doesn't even look real. What an awesome photo/view.

July 6, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
      • Emily

@Martina,
        Hi Martina! It's a great photo, indeed! I'm glad that I was not in that dust storm! It sure is wonderful in a photo. Mother Nature really something.

July 6, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  16. Jaker

Khan should be made take the stand & then the the prosecution with the evidence they have got so far, will be able to see how much he may lie. They have a case...no matter what the woman's history is...she deserves a chance at least to have a day in court for the sake of all true victims of this crime in the future.

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I agree. This situation seems like attacking the victim.

July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
  17. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Wow!!!! What shock in Phoenix, Duststorm rolls in!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!

July 6, 2011 at 10:15 pm |
  18. Emily

Will we ever know the accusers name, if it's found out that she was lying?
    Sure, Sunny, however, but DSK could have been "innocent" and she could have ruined this man's life!
    (and this is from a female!)

July 6, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Emily.
      Yes, She did lying to police as well, Police found out too.

July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Hi Emily. I have heard that they have definite DNA and the report of an attack was substantiated. It's her past history and this phone call to a fellon that seems to be the problem.
      I also noted today, a woman in France filed formal rape charges on DSK too.
      So i am suspicious as to whether he is "innocent".

July 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  19. Emily

I have so many questions about the DSK case. This really is "collapsing".

July 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
  20. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Uh-oh!!!!!!! Maid is out of control, is lying to police, she must lose her credibility for sure, Hope she will try again!

July 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
  21. Emily

Good evening John & bloggers!
    To me, it clearly sounds that this jury was unable to "reason"; they expected a road map with everything including DNA. The Casey Anthony Case was a perfect case of Circumstantial Evidence. I wonder if Cindy will be charged with lying for her daughter on the stand? Any talk of that, yet?

July 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

No, I don't think so........ Cindy Anthony was never charged for that....... Yes, Jury made mistake found not guilty as well, That means Casey Anthony will not walk free in the future........

July 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
      • Emily

I know that Cindy has not been charged yet, Megan, however, I wonder if there will be in the future. There wouldn't have been any previously. During the trial, the defense proved that Cindy was working during the times that she said that it was her doing the searches for (in believe), "choraphor".

July 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  22. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I recognize that there may well be serious credibility issues in the maid's past.

However, this smacks of accusing the victim.

July 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
    • Emily

Evening Starr!
      What if this maid was indeed lying?
      I've heard from people, (in France) who think that he was set up by others, and they paid her to make these claims.
      Others, think that he attempted to pay her for sexual favors; and wanted more.
      Also, the fact that this info. about her lies about getting into the US has appeared at this very time, think she was paid off by someone in his camp. It really is endless ferver.

July 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
      • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I do think politics can be very much the target here. DSK was very popular to become the next French President next year.

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
        • Emily

He was very popular and from all that I hear, was a shoo in for the Presidential-win. Also, his escapades (affairs) with other females, didn't seem to bother the public. They were not much of a scandal there. His wife has been by his side the entire time. This however, has been a completely humiliating-life-altering-scandal. Btw, It doesn't matter to me about his political aspirations. It all really seems "convenient" or shows just how those in power feel completely "self-entitled".

July 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
      • Jaker

The French are for their man whether he committed this crime or not; & if your alleged statement of a rumour you heard is true that he forcibly wanted more of the same & she said no then on the second time he would have committed a crime. For no, always means "NO".

July 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
        • Emily

@Jaker,
          I know that "No, means "no"; that's why I said that....not everyone thinks he is innocent. I never said that he was. I said, given all that has happen thus far, "what if he is"? I'm not the only one asking these questions.

July 6, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
          • Jaker

Emily,

I'm sorry for misunderstanding you, but why not put him in the dock & then see how he interacts under pressure...I tell you the truth will out when he begins to sweat in the heat of the glare of the world. He'll either carry his innocence or his guilt will weigh him down.

July 6, 2011 at 10:52 pm |
  23. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Evening John & Team 360,

Hello bloggers friends!

Oh will this case never go away! If she decides to make money off of this debacle, THEN go after her!

I can understand why the jury did Not want to be interviewed. I agree with the last juror's comments.

July 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I agree with you, Starr...... She will be arrest again!!!!!!!!

July 6, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  24. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

OMG!!!!! What????????? Special costs?????? No! I don't think so!! I don't want do that to paid!

July 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  25. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Hellooooo everyone and John!!!!
    Happy Wednesday night!!!