Giffords Released from Hospital: Join the Live Chat
A photo of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, taken May 17.
June 15th, 2011

Giffords Released from Hospital: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on AC360°, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has been released from a hospital in Houston, Texas. We'll talk with Dr. Sanjay Gupta about what's next for her recovery. You may recall, Giffords was shot in the head in January at an event in Tuscon, Arizona. Plus, the White House defends the U.S. military mission in Libya in a 32-page report to Congress. A bipartisan group in the House says Pres. Obama has violated the War Powers Act. We'll have the latest developments and tonight's other headlines.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Paula, Colorado

Great program tonight, Anderson!

June 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! We all feel for you, Anderson! Group Hug!

June 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Lori - CA

Good night Anderson. Sweet dreams. Good night Everyone. Sweet dreams.

June 15, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  4. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Thank you & good night Anderson & Team 360. Good show.

Good night fellow writers. I wish All a safe and peaceful day tomorrow.

The ridiculist – my Favorite segment! Wolf again Anderson? Sharp & witty commentary as usual.

June 15, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  5. lisal -canada

personally i find most houses strike me as "too big"

June 15, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  6. Lori - CA

I love that! Gloria on Love Boat! I really loved that show and I miss it.

June 15, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  7. Sharon Hastings

My dog is asking for one last potty trip so I'll say goodnight. No shortage of interesting stories to report on and as usual 360 does a great job. Good night to all.

June 15, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  8. Saphira

Great reporting on the Pakistan arrests. And I'm so glad Ms. Giffords has taken this milestone towards recovery. She's a true inspiration. But why are we making such a huge deal about this Anthony trial? There are so many missing children out there, and Grace is obsessing over this single case. Besides her, great show so far. It's really great to open with good news like this!

June 15, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  9. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

You are right again, Anderson!

June 15, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  10. Lori - CA

This is a very weak argument for the defense.

June 15, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  11. lisal -canada

it is nice that gary expressed how badly he felt to the anthonys – his recollection of their quiet sad moment in the elevator felt, to me, a bit intrusive though – i would imagine elevators are one of the few remaining places they have any semblance of privacy left when outside their own home

June 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  12. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I don't think that she acted along.

June 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  13. Sharon Hastings

I'm not inclined to believe anything the defense puts up to defend Casey Anthony. They are trying to save her life and so they will claim all sorts of things. Still, it will be interesting to see what they come up with. Her poor parents. I can't imagine.

June 15, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  14. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

It explains why the father Anthony tried to commit suicide.

June 15, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
  15. Nina

Interesting to see the judge crossed his arms when the attorney stated there was No evidence on Casey's case! The judge seemed not to believe that lawyer.

June 15, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  16. lisal -canada

i keep optimistically thinking "ok – it's a big feline – it just wants to play with the hood on the child's head" ...

June 15, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  17. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I'm confused about Ginger's statement re: Rep. Weiner. I heard that she contacted him and asked him for advice on how to handle a reply on her email and he helped her with it, Not that he told her to lie??

The shot is very sweet, however, the lioness looks like she might want to eat the baby for a snack with all that open mouth.

June 15, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
    • Nina

I also heard the same on Link, in which she contacted Weiner on how to respond.

June 15, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
      • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Hi Nina, yes i definitly, heard differing reports. It seems that the media, in general seems to gravitate to the "lying" version.
        Anyone who goes to Gloria Alred as their attorney has an agenda.

June 15, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  18. Kenya

The kid is like "yay I made a new friend" but the lioness is like "come here, i'll have you with ketchup!" lol

June 15, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  19. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

That glass is it thick enough?

June 15, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  20. Sharon Hastings

Shades of Tiger Woods without the actual sex with the women. And why do these women have to "go public" accompanied by Gloria Allred? Looks like she decided to come out of hiding after all. Sad and stupid all around.

June 15, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  21. Nina

Wall street seems like a roller coaster lately...

June 15, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  22. Paula, Colorado

It's unfortunate to hear about the fate of the informants. It's no secret the U.S. was long looking for Osama bin Laden–no matter where he would be.

June 15, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  23. Chris

$20 Billion and what it could have done for our struggling citizens really says it all. Who really do we think we are. It would be interesting to provide a tab of what we spend by having a military presence is perhaps 150 countries and what the return on all of that is. In some of those 150 countries, I have to wonder what exactly our people do from day to day. I support the military totally but prefer they be reserved for situations where needed and where it is beneficial to us.

June 15, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
    • Nina

I completely agree including all the bases we have around the world. Would be interesting if the Americans could see the actual cost

June 15, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
      • Chris

Yes, I would love to see what it cost us. Some of these countries are countries where we have a very good relationship. I don't see their military camping out here.

June 15, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Who sits around think of such a foul lawsuit?

June 15, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
    • Kaytee

The same people who are against anything Pres Obama says or does. And probably the same people who said nothing when other presidents did exaclty the same thing.

June 15, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  25. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I agree with you Anderson. Pakistan seems to be going after the people that helped us and NOT the people responsible for helping BinLaden.
    God bless Sec. Gates honesty.
    I am concerned that the Pakistani people who helped us are in very real danger from the Gov. of Pakistan & the extremists.
    Pakistan's denials ring hollow re: the arrests and detainment of people who worked with the CIA.
    This kind of action will discourage Any other people who might consider assisting the US in the future.
    "Retaliation" towards us is childish and dangerous.

June 15, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  26. Lori - CA

Anderson, does anything productive get done with relationships based on lies?

June 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
  27. lisal -canada

well it would be nice to think they were arrested and/or under surveillance for their own protection but somehow i don't think so

June 15, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
  28. Paula, Colorado

It's kind of sad to hear of the lawsuit against the White House over Libya.

June 15, 2011 at 10:15 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I agree. It seems to me that the Congress could easily work with the President, instead of having a temper tantrum (unless real time information has not been forthcoming from the President or his adminstration).

June 15, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
  29. Carrie

The GOPT needs to stop figthing Pres. Obama on everything, its a UN Mission no boots on the ground!!!! the they are is going to lose any way in my opinion,

June 15, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
  30. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I don't know the War act involving the need for Congress.

However, i do feel that the President definitely Needs to communicate & confer with the appropriate Congressional committees on a regular basis. Clear communication.

I do feel our participation in Lybia, as part of NATO is appropriate, given that Gadaffi made it quite clear that he was planning on a massacre of his own people in the Eastern part of Lybia.

It does seem that everyone is "dancing" around words.

June 15, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
  31. Sharon Hastings

I think it is significant that concerns over the "war" issue in Libya is bipartisan. However, I still tend to agree with the White House. I understand this is a fuzzy gray area and may not have a definitive resolution.

June 15, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
  32. Carrie

Welcome home Rep, Giffords:)

June 15, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  33. Lori - CA

Hi Anderson! Hi Everyone! Glad to hear about Gabby Giffords. I wish her the best.

June 15, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
  34. Kenya

Good for Gabrielle Giffords. She looks great!

June 15, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  35. Sharon Hastings

Good evening everyone. Gabby Giffords looks just great! She's so cute with the short hair. I hope she can continue recovering and get back as much functioning as possible.

June 15, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I believe she will continue to mang ske a good recovery. Her progress so far, given the extent of her inury, has been nothing short of a miracle.
      After the 1st year, head injury recovery typically begins to slow down. However, ongoing recovery at a slower pace can go on for years.
      I am so happy she has made such progress already.

June 15, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
  36. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

That's a good thing! Giffords is released from hospital and looking well!

June 15, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  37. Nina

Good evening everyone... delighted to see that Gabrielle Giffords is progressing well

June 15, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  38. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Evening Anderson & Team 360.

Hi all blogger friends!

Gabbie Giffords goes home and is Recovering!
    Good news for a change! Love it.

June 15, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  39. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! Sounds like a fascinating program tonight.
    It's great to hear that Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has been released from the hospital.

June 15, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
  40. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

June 15, 2011 at 10:00 pm |