We have breaking news out of Yemen. The New York Times is reporting the U.S. is stepping up its covert airstrikes there against al Qaeda targets due to the power vacuum due to the uprising. Plus, breaking developments on the new push for Misrata by pro-Gadhafi forces in Libya.
And, here at home, amid growing calls for Rep. Anthony Weiner to resign, there are new reports his wife is pregnant. We'll have the latest developments.
Scroll down to join the live chat during the program. It's your chance to share your thoughts on tonight's headlines. Keep in mind, you have a better chance of having your comment get past our moderators if you follow our rules.
Here are some of them:
1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)
(CNN) - A photo that conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart claims shows the naked genitals of Rep. Anthony Weiner made its way to the Internet on Wednesday.
Breitbart, appearing on the "Opie and Anthony" show on the Sirius XM radio network, showed the picture on his cell phone during the interview, according to Breitbart and the show's hosts.
A television camera recorded the image of the cell phone with the picture on its screen, and that image was then sent out on Twitter by the show host known as Opie, whose real name is Gregg Hughes.
According to Breitbart, he got the photo from a woman who communicated with Weiner online. The woman told Breitbart that Weiner sent her the photo.
On Monday, Breitbart told reporters he had an "X-rated" photo that had been sent to a woman by Weiner. Breitbart said then he wasn't going to release it publicly for now.
When asked by a reporter later Monday if he could deny Breitbart's claim that an X-rated photo existed, Weiner said: "No, I cannot."
Both Breitbart and the "Opie and Anthony" hosts said Wednesday that the public release of the photo occurred without Breitbart's knowledge.FULL STORY
Ready for today's Beat 360°? Everyday we post a picture you provide the caption and our staff will join in too. Tune in tonight at 10pm to see if you are our favorite!
“What? They said this press conference was for a Weiner…well here I am!"
"So Wiener's been exposed... BIG deal!!!"
(CNN) - Forces loyal to embattled Libyan strongman Moammar Gadhafi launched a new attack on the rebel-held city of Misrata on Wednesday, with anti-government forces reporting intense shelling from three sides of the city.
Thousands of government troops attacked around 6 a.m. (11 p.m. Tuesday ET), with 13 rebels reported dead by evening. Mohamed Mokhtar, a rebel fighter wounded in Wednesday's fighting, accused government troops of infiltrating rebel lines in cars bearing rebel flags.
Dr. Khaled Abu Falgha, a spokesman for Misrata's Hekma hospital, said it was the bloodiest day in a week in the besieged city. More than 1,000 people are believed to have been killed since the fighting began there in February, including 686 registered residents of the city, he said.
Rebel fighters returning from the front lines reported that their defenses were holding up under the onslaught, however.
The assault followed a day of intense bombardment of Libya's capital by the NATO alliance, which intervened in the conflict in March under a U.N. mandate to protect civilians as Gadhafi tried to crush the revolt against him. Libya's government said 60 missiles struck the capital city, killing at least 31 people, including a number of civilians, and wounding dozens more.
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen reiterated Wednesday that the alliance is doing all it can to avoid civilian casualties. But he told reporters from allied headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, that NATO could continue the airstrikes "for as long as it takes to bring this crisis to an early conclusion."
Rasmussen said NATO bombing has saved lives in Libya, and that the alliance has the resources to extend its military mission for another 90 days past the end of June.
It is time to start planning for what to do after Gadhafi's departure "because Gadhafi's reign of terror is coming to an end," he said.FULL STORY
(CNN) - Someone conducted keyword searches on "chloroform" using a desktop computer located in the home Casey Anthony shared with her parents, a computer examiner testified Wednesday in Anthony's capital murder trial.
The searches were found in a portion of the computer's hard drive that indicated they had been deleted, Detective Sandra Osborne of the Orange County Sheriff's Office testified.
However, she told jurors, deleted material remains on a computer's hard drive and can be retrieved until it is overwritten by new data. It had not been overwritten on the Anthonys' computer, she said, and "a complete Internet history" was obtained.
Anthony, 25, faces seven counts in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, including first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and misleading investigators. If convicted, she could face the death penalty.
The toddler's family last saw her on June 16, 2008, but no one alerted police until July 15, when the girl's maternal grandmother tracked down the suspect and demanded answers.
Prosecutors allege Anthony used chloroform on her daughter and suffocated her by putting duct tape over the little girl's mouth and nose. They allege Anthony put her daughter's body in her car trunk before disposing of it. Caylee's skeletal remains were found in December 2008, less than a mile from the home of Anthony's parents.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty and denied having anything to do with her daughter's death. Defense attorney Jose Baez has said that when all the facts are known, it will become clear his client is innocent.
Editor's note: Tune in to AC360° beginning at 10pm ET for Part 2 of "The Sissy Boy Experiment."
New York (CNN) - The story about Kirk Murphy's suicide began to come to light last year with an anonymous tip: Anti-gay rights activist George Alan Rekers was traveling to Europe with a male escort.
The tip came from one of the escort's acquaintances. We were skeptical, and the tipster answered our skepticism with screenshots of the e-mails Rekers had exchanged with his 20-year-old companion, whom he'd met at Rentboy.com. We used the screenshots to deduce the approximate time of the pair's return to the United States, and set off to take a picture.
And so it was that on a morning in early April 2010, we found ourselves searching for parking in a congested concrete labyrinth in front of the "C" terminal at Miami International Airport.
Word to the wise: Do not predicate the success of a story upon your ability to find a parking spot on a busy day at MIA.
We were still searching for parking when Rekers' flight arrived early. We were sure we'd missed them, but huffed it into international arrivals anyway.
And we waited. And waited. After 20 minutes, we had made good headway on figuring out how to blame each other for this disaster when the escort came loping out of customs, followed a minute later by an apparently flustered Rekers.
Camera in hand, we shadowed them across baggage claim, taking half a dozen blurry pictures of the pair before snapping a single semi-decent image, in which Rekers was captured preparing to push a cumbersome luggage cart into an elevator.
In the story we subsequently wrote for the Miami New Times, we skimmed Rekers' resumé in sufficient detail to highlight the apparent irony of his European vacation.
Rekers began his professional life as a psychiatrist. In the early 1980s, he co-founded the Family Research Council, a group that lobbies against gay rights. Over the next two decades, he penned books and tracts with titles like "Shaping Your Child's Sexuality" and "Growing Up Straight: What Every Family Should Know About Homosexuality." He testified as an expert witness against gay adoption in Florida and Arkansas, and on behalf of the Boy Scouts of America when the Scouts came under fire for discriminating against gay scoutmasters.
Our story hit the Web on Tuesday, May 4. The next day, Rekers' escort acknowledged to us he had given Rekers sexual massages.
In an interview with us, Rekers denied any sexual contact with the male escort. He claimed he wasn't aware that his companion offered sexual favors for sale over the Internet until after the trip, and said he hired him only to carry his bags.FULL STORY
(CNN) - When Rep. Anthony Weiner admitted Monday to sending inappropriate messages and photos "of an explicit nature" to women online, his wife of 11 months was not standing at his side. Huma Abedin was with another politician, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Abedin, 34, began working for Clinton as a White House intern in 1996, eventually becoming the former first lady's traveling chief of staff - or "body man" - during her campaign for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.
Her popularity among movers and shakers in the Democratic Party should have been an asset for Weiner's future.
However, now that she is the victim of the congressman's indiscretion, "... the Democrats are furious at this guy," Democratic insider James Carville told CNN Monday. "He is married to one of the most popular people in the Democratic Party."
Although she is described as a very private person, Abedin's intelligence, striking style, unusual background and ability "to make the trains run on time," brought her attention well before last summer's marriage to Weiner.
Vogue magazine profiled her in 2007, an unusual distinction for a campaign aide.FULL STORY
Reporter's Note: One of the president’s big advisers on the economy is packing up his calculator. So I’m firing up my keyboard, once again.
Dear Mr. President,
So Austan Goolsbee is taking the big hike, eh? Two thoughts.
First: Did you ever realize his name is an anagram for “Noble to sausage”?
And second: When the economy is stubbornly refusing to surge ahead, leaving your chief economic adviser behind is probably not a bad idea.