Weiner's Confession: Join the Live Chat
Rep. Anthony Weiner admitted Monday to posting and lying about a lewd photo of himself on Twitter.
June 6th, 2011

Weiner's Confession: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on AC360°, we'll have the latest developments on Rep. Anthony Weiner's confession. The New York Democrat now admits he sent that scandalous photo of himself in his underwear to a woman in Seattle. He also says he had "inappropriate conversations" with at least six women he met online. He says he won't resign. House minority leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi has called for an ethics investigation to see if he broke any rules. In Crime and Punishment, get the latest on the Casey Anthony murder trial. Testimony focused today on the smell in her car. Plus, see who is added to our 'RidicuList.'

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Nina

I hope Weiner does not resign. We all make mistakes and at least Weiner stood up and was honest! I respect his willingness to be responsible for his behavior.

June 6, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
    • Edward

remember his stand for the 911 responders-hope he stands tall

June 6, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
  2. Janis

I am so happy for Eman al-Obeidi. She's finally going to be able to feel safe and recover. Thanks to CNN and Nic Robertson, for helping to keep her story and as well as her alive.

June 6, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
  3. Sharon Hastings

It's Sarah Palin. Of course she doesn't make sense. Most of her statements are rambling, disjointed, and nonsensical. I cannot imagine how she rose to be governor of a state. I can imagine her quitting her job as governor.

June 6, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
    • Janis

Yes, I agree and she quit before her first term was over as well.

June 6, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  4. Kirsten V.

He should make the Ridiculist because he said that "he doesn't believe that he used government funds" 🙂

June 6, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  5. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

We know she does know!

June 6, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  6. lilly

Palin reminded me of my 5th grade us history class, when the teacher gave you a question you reworded the sentence and hoped you at least get a half of point for trying.

June 6, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
    • Edward

very funny and true

June 6, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  7. Janis

Remember, she speaks this way all the time. Chirpy snippets of misinformation delivered to get the conservatives riled up. She's drumming up business for her speaking engagements – increasing her value as a speaker and promoting whatever books whe will write in the future. Free promo via the Presidential campaign start up. She and Trump are the same.

June 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
    • Sharon Hastings

I absolutely love "chirpy snippets of misinformation". She's out there promoting herself and drumming up more opportunities to rake in the cash.

June 6, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  8. Heather - Spokane, WA

Yeah...Palin would make a great president......(sarcasm)

June 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

The poor world, if someone like that was President.

June 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  9. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Gotta you moment! Yes, once again, I don't know!

June 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
  10. Kenya

Oh Ms. Palin. Bless her heart.

June 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm |
  11. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson,
    We need list Ridiculist like Sarah Palin!!!!!!!!! You can agree with me!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

June 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
    • Heather - Spokane, WA

I think Palin needs her own ridiculist, she has given enough to have her own

June 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
    • Nina

I agree Megan!!! but then she will say... that Anderson did an "I gotcha" on her. lol

June 6, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
      • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Thanks Nina!!!!! LOL!!! I agree with Anderson says!!! 🙂

June 6, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  12. Nina

Palin writes her own American history and government procedures as she has No clue! goodness and she might actually run for president? Yikes!

June 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  13. Heather - Spokane, WA

Palin thinks every question to her is a 'gotcha' question

June 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

It appeals to the defensive, even paranoid members of the public.

June 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
  14. Nancy in Oregon

What did Palin just say?!!!

June 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nancy,
      She was talking about Paul Revere!!!!!!!!!!!

June 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
  15. Janis

She must have gone out to Wikipedia before this interview.

June 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
  16. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Bloggers,
    I agree all of your comment...... I think he wil resign anytime as soon as possible!!!!!!!

June 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
    • Kirsten V.

Ditto!

June 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  17. Nina

lmao Palin has NO idea!! Just too funny

June 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  18. Janis

I thought she'd make the Ridiculist tonight.

June 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  19. Nina

Palin's take on Paul Revere? lmao! This should really be funny. I wonder if she will get it that he warned The Americans that the British were invading along his route?

June 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
  20. Janis

Congressman Weiner has lost the respect of alot of people that care about him. He must have spent a lifetime proving himself worthy of respect as we all do – then he throws it away for sexual Twitter encounters. Go figure. If he comes out of this, I'll still see some sort of unflattering picture in my mind when he stands to speak in congress – sorry, that's just the way it is. Whenever I see Bill Clinton, I still get an unflattering image that colors anything that comes out of his mouth. Others too. Don't ask me why – just happens.

June 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
    • Nina

Weiner did disappoint his family especially his wife. However, how many men in politics have behaved in worse situations and never even took responsibility? We all make mistakes. What is important is that Weiner took responsibility for his behavior!!! Thumbs up for that!

June 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  21. Fuyuko

Why did he have to expose what he had done in the last 3 years? Sounds to me he's trying to convince the audience or something. If he really did it, why read a text speech and could not face the press or look into the camera? When he so-called denied the scandal, he did it wide and open. Admitting is what, shame?

June 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
  22. Catherine

Another politician lying straight-faced to Americans! I hope his constituents realize they have an obligation to hold him accountable; and it's only when we do this will these power hungry politicians get it!

June 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
  23. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

He wanted to feel that he still got it, but maybe he may not have it for long!

June 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
    • Janis

I'm afraid you're right, Gloria. He was such a firebrand. Fun to watch on the floor in congress when he got riled up.

June 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  24. Kirsten V.

This is one of the craziest "scandals" in a while, makes me laugh although it's not a laughing matter. People like that are deeply disturbed!

June 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  25. Naomi J Rock

I think he should be required to step down because he obviously lacks respect for women, whether he is married to them or doesn't know them, so how can he represent them

June 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
    • Heather - Spokane, WA

Then that means about 60% of men in congress should step down. How many other men in congress cheated on their spouses and do not respect women.

June 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
      • Naomi J Rock

I totally agree and think they should. Part of the reason we have such sorry divorce laws is because there are so many male politicians who aren't looking out for the welfare of females.

June 6, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
    • Kirsten V.

Who voted this guy in office....maybe I am missing something but behavior like this has become like an epidemic, Maybe it's time to require personality testing before running for public office, it's done in in many other professions that require employees to have a 'sound" mind 😉

June 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
      • Naomi J Rock

Hey I'm for anything to improves the quality of politicians. I'm tired of politicians looking just like the criminals except they are in a suit and tie with more or less a license to do what they want.

June 6, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
  26. Nina

I disagree. If there was a check as to how many people send nude or almost nude pictures of themselves over the internet, it would be completely shut down as the numbers are staggering...

June 6, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
    • Heather - Spokane, WA

That's totally true!

June 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  27. Heather - Spokane, WA

I'm sure the woman that was interviewed about her online relationship with Weiner had no problem carrying it on, unlike how she sounded in the interview.......

June 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
    • Naomi J Rock

I don't doubt that either, however she has not been elected either, nor is she married. nor is she supposed to be representing all women with regards to national decisions that are being made. Weiner knew he was doing wrong which is why he lied in the first place.

June 6, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
      • Heather - Spokane, WA

What i meant is that she is not the innocent party like she is making herself to sound like

June 6, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
  28. Lisa in Louisville

I suspect he's deeply sorry that he got caught. "House of Disrepute?" No pun intended, I'm sure! 🙂

June 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
    • Naomi J Rock

There is a difference between being truly sorry and changing your behavior and being sorry you got caught and that just means he will try harder not to get caught in the future. This showed up in his defiant nature as he finished his interview.

June 6, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  29. mitzi

Unbelievable, how many times can a man tell a lie in one interview, "as a joke" he is a grown man, he knows pics of his boner are not a joke. He knows they may be underaged kids, and that Anderson and Wolff are gonna find out, he knows it will be on the news and ALL of America will see it. He is a pathological lyer and he KNOWS he WILL get away with it again. He is NOT Tiger and we are not falling for it. Geeese what an actor. fake tears for the camera. Unbelievable

June 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point, Mitzi!!!!!!!!!! I agree with your comment........ Anderson already know that including Wolf, too!!!

June 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
      • Naomi J Rock

And again I say this activity reflects his disdain and lack of respect for women or females in general... so then how can he make decisions representing what is in the best interest of females? I'm appauled by it.

June 6, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  30. Janis

Sara Palin is causing more harm to the GOP than good. She will take the media away from any serious candidates that need the press time to get information on their stances on legitimate issues. Palin attracks the media like flies and the media is stariting to look pretty foolish because of that weird attraction. She doesn't have an intelligent thing to say – all cheer squad rah-rah for the good ol' days of the American Revolution.

June 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

She's pretty self-centered and self-aggrandizing (in a 'humble', 'just folks' way!) I bet they do get really sick of it.

June 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
    • Nina

Good for Palin. She is s true "cheerleader"!!!

June 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
    • Heather - Spokane, WA

She needs to learn about history the revolution before she can cheer for it!

June 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
  31. Jeremy from MI

If he wasn't such a jerk to the CNN reporters, then I would be more sympathetic, and I lean republican mostly. I do think it's very suspicious that the Dem leaders are so quick to throw him under the bus on this, especially Palosi! Their typical response would be to not talk about it, or to downplay it. There must be more to the story, otherwise – leave the guy alone. It's not that big of a deal. He didn't break any laws.

June 6, 2011 at 10:15 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

Yep, his behavior with the reporters was pretty ugly. Little by little his reputation is eroding, more because of the way he's handling this whole thing than because of his original acts.

June 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
    • lilly

totally agree, if sexting was illegal most people with a cell phone, twitter, or facebook account would be in jail. what he did was stupid not criminal.

June 6, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
      • Nancy in Oregon

And extremely selfish.

June 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
      • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point guys!

June 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  32. Heather - Spokane, WA

I am not defending Rep Weiner's actions but he could have done worse than sexting other women. I am glad he didn't, so far as we know and I hope he didn't, but he was still a creep for doing it. I feel for his wife right now having to go through this

June 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

Oh gosh yes, he could have done worse...and might have, for all we know at this point. I find myself cringing at the lying and phoniness much more than at his personal hobby on the side. I hope his wife pays close attention to who she is living with and how he handles life.

June 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
  33. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

It is a new face of cheating!

June 6, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
  34. seema

It's weird...and obvious that Weiner has a sex addiction. But lying and trying to hold on to his office?

June 6, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
  35. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

And they don't care nothing about "no wives!"

June 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
    • Naomi J Rock

No they don't. I find very little has been said about him violating a marriage contract.... because there is this belittling attitude that it's just a poor little wifes feelings that were hurt. It's more than that, it tears up the lives of women and has far more devistating effects on a woman than a man. And I'm equally angry that most of the reporters don't think it's a big deal that this man wants to go ahead and keep his office , representing women.... how can he look out for the best interest for women in his district when he doesn't respect women at all?

June 6, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  36. lilly

I don't believe he should resign, it's issue between his wife and him. It's she that would need to forgive him for the public humiliation.

June 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
  37. Janis

Hello everyone.

Congressman Weiner is a good liar. Too good. I think the second photo that was going to be leaked showed too much in the background. He couldn't get away again without becoming a Machiavellian liar. Too many personal photos on display. He had to come clean because of that not his conscience. I'm so sorry his wife is being humuliated. He needs to seek help for his impulse control issues. Let's hope all involved were of age and he didn't use gov't resources.

June 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point, Janis!!!!!!!! I agree.

June 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
  38. Nina

I have some respect for Weiner as he was honest with this media interview today. So many politicians will lie to their death. Weiner knows this could kill his career but still chose to be honest.

June 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I don't think he decided to be 'honest' out of a sense of 'Right'. He was forced to admit his lies...and do we know he's being honest still? I'm not sure he is.

June 6, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
      • Nina

many politicians have been forced to be honest and still choose to lie! They go for years with reporters asking about the situation and continue to lie... lie... lie. At least he was honest! What a difference

June 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
        • Nancy in Oregon

I guess it remains to be seen, Nina....he was supposedly being honest before. Not sure that today's 'honesty' will be the last 'honest' word he utters. Time will tell.

June 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
    • Sharon Hastings

I would agree but was he really honest?? Or is there more? He hedged quite a bit in his answers today. He was not wise to take questions for 25 minutes. Get in, say your piece, get out.

June 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
      • Nancy in Oregon

That's just it...lots of hedging still, which red-flags me that he's still not really being honest. I think that he should probably get off the stage post haste if he needs to keep handling things by hedging. He's only going to do himself more harm.

June 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  39. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I want rep. Anthony Weiner out of his office and must resign, He is so jerk!!!!!!!!

June 6, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  40. Nancy in Oregon

Good heavens, this is almost unreal.

June 6, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  41. Sharon Hastings

Good evening Anderson and everyone. I think most of us knew he was lying and covering up. However, if we can believe that what he has told us is the whole story, I am satisfied that he didn't break any laws or rules and I do not feel he should resign. The part that is hard to get over is that he lied so forcefully and now we don't know if he is telling the truth still. I'm glad he got caught because he can use these humiliating circumstances to change his stupid immature behavior. His poor wife.

June 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

It's the lying and covering up I hate. I'm with Paul B.-private lives are one thing, lying as a public figure to journalists, etc., is quite a lot more serious. That doesn't bode well for his way of handling tough situations.

June 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
  42. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

He worked in his own publicity department!

June 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
  43. Nancy in Oregon

Good evening, people. Oh goodness, another one of these fellas!

June 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
  44. Heather - Spokane, WA

Evening everyone! I hope everyone is well

June 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
  45. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I don't know why they think that they can fool us because the true will come out! Well, there you have it!

June 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
  46. lilly

Why is it that cheaters never think they aren't going to caught? He should have known that the truth would get out!

June 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I don't get it. I honestly don't get it. How bright are these people?!

June 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point Lilly and Nancy......
      They should have caught who cheats against womens...... Most men does cheats including president Clinton or else as well...... I know women are furious at men who cheats, On depends most people also divorce as well.

June 6, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
  47. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Congrats Piers, He and his wife having baby boy!!! 🙂

June 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  48. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Megan, Isha, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, JoAnn, Renee, Lori-CA, Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha, Chi, Jana, Karyn, Lily, Merl, Marybeth, others and my friend Facebook/Twitter Bloggers!!!!

Thanks for coming in for join us tonight! 😀
    Hope you have great weekend! 🙂
    Happy Monday night!!!
    We have a breaking news, we have heard Rep. Anthony Weiner of NY-D already confession and admitted also lied to us about his life to send to woman in Seattle, He sent some picture of nude.... Nancy Pelosi wanted call for investagation of his affair.

June 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
  49. lilly

Good evening everyone!

June 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

June 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm |