AC360° Exclusive on bin Laden Investigation: Join the Live Chat
Amal al-Sadah's passport, which a relative said was obtained for the purpose of marrying bin Laden in Afghanistan in 2000.
May 12th, 2011

AC360° Exclusive on bin Laden Investigation: Join the Live Chat

We have breaking news and a 360° exclusive on the United States' request to interview Osama bin Laden's wives, who are in Pakistani custody. Join us for that and much more.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. lisal -canada

oh my gosh!! mr cooper – there appears to be a budding comedian in there somewhere – monologue anyone?
    nite!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  2. Nina

lol Anderson,,, love your sarcasm. Have a wonderful evening everyone...

May 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  3. lilly

Have a good night everyone!

May 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  4. Lori

This is true....You can not get parenting tips from Toddlers and Tiaras!

May 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  5. Nina

I cannot believe a mother will give injections of Botox (a poison) to her 8 year old daughter. Outrageous!!! I consider that child abuse

May 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Megan, Isha, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Lori, Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha, Jana, Chi, Karyn, Lilly, Merl, Marybeth others and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    That's so silly I like ridiculist botox haters , LOL! So funny Anderson, Thanks Anderson!!!! Yes!!!! I agree with you, Anderson!!!!!! 🙂
    Anderson,
    Have a great night & good sleep at home after work!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!! Just a plenty sleep at home!

May 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  7. Mike in TX

Good night all have a great one. Look forward to the interview with Tony Blair tomorrow

May 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  8. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Bring those gas price down! I need some gas!

May 12, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
    • Dawn USA

YA! My feet hurt!

May 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  9. lisal -canada

i heard a few clips from that "big oil" get-together – personally i'd rather hang out with dogs and ponies!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm |
  10. Paula, Colorado

The images from Syria are awful. The regime there looks barbaric.

May 12, 2011 at 10:50 pm |
  11. Mike in TX

The republicans are making a mockery of having the chance to at least question the oil execs. I have yet to see an answer to the question of why if oil goes up a couple of dollars today it hits the pumps immediately but if it goes down $10/barrel like last week it hasn't gone down yet

May 12, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  12. Lori

Oh my! Botox for an 8-year old? There must be some very unusual circumstances that this child faces.

May 12, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I agree...... I don't want my great nieces use that Botox injected, YIKES!

May 12, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
      • lilly

That mom need's a DR!!!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  13. Jennifer

Thank you for continuing to cover the horrendous violent acts by the Syrian government officials/security officers against Syrian citizens. This is so important.

May 12, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
    • Leonardo Brito

we need AC to put more pressure on the government about bin laden's picture!!!!!!!!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
  14. lilly

That lady is so brave!, putting her life in danger so we cn hear her voice.

May 12, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  15. Sharon Hastings

What a brave woman! And it's the same story. This is an amazing time in history and I'm sure there will alot of bloodshed before it's all over.

May 12, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  16. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson,
    That is so horrible video I have seen in Syria right now, I was shocking my face......I hope that people are staying safe as well, I agree with you...... Good point, my heart goes out to people in Syria.

May 12, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
  17. Nina

Watching the video brings an awareness of how terrible the situation is in Syria and across most of the Middle East. It also makes me thankful for where I live.

May 12, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
  18. Leonardo Brito

Article 19 of the UN Declaration of Human Rights allow us to ask the government about information, including photos.

This right was violated!

How come we are being hypnotized with his wives but not given the complete truth when pictures of the raid were available?

We were forced to see people jumping off buildings!

May 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  19. Sharon Hastings

You're right. This video is very troubling. Too many of these images of late. Really awful.

May 12, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  20. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

That was a grusome scene. the world is mad

May 12, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I agree, Betty...... That was so sombering now!

May 12, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  21. Lori

So many people die in the streets and I can not imagine that happening to me or friends and family.

May 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
    • Leonardo Brito

We see knews of people dying every day; we see it in our local community. Down the street or even their own streets for some...

How come the most notorious terrorist is not publicized?
      thousands from many different nationalities died and it is not just the American government who gets to make this decision... it is people from all over the world

May 12, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  22. Jason Carnicelli

I do believe I saw Saddam Hussein's dead, bullet ridden relatives on the cover of TIME.....Hmmm...So I am not entitled to see confirmation...a photo....video??? I am just supposed to accept that he is dead, and was surrendered as shark food? 3,000+ people died so that Islamic burial rites could be performed?

May 12, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
    • Dawn USA

Different Presidency and also we know a lot more now, I suppose. A lot of lessons learned. I understand though about your feelings. I'm a little peeved about the muslim burial rights being performed and were US Sailors made to stand there and watch that? I'm a little confused on why he was given any sort of respect. But unfortunately it is what it is. Do you really want to see the photos? and can't they just be as much of a lie as words?

May 12, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  23. Paula, Colorado

I hope and pray for the best with the efforts at flood control.

May 12, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  24. Leonardo Brito

Are the testimonials of wives more important to the American audience over bin Laden's corpse photo?

May 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
    • Dawn USA

I can only speak for one American, yes.
      My opinion on the photos is that I believe the International community could view it as the USA showing it as a trophy and well could cause more planes and buildings to explode.

May 12, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
      • Leonardo Brito

It doesn't make sense... its not gonna stop anyone. National security is still the same and showing a picture, over the fact that he is actually dead, is not going to make anyone more angry.

If you believe that, then you are another person deprived from the Freedom of Information Act

May 12, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
        • Dawn USA

Leonardo, I understand your feelings. I understand your anger. I prefer to learn from the ones that are alive, that want to hurt me. I'm sick of watching beheadings, deaths, I'm sick of watching violence. I don't want more people to get hurt just so I can see a photo (that can be doctored and made up also) can be shown to prove that a man that I hope to forget sometime in my life ever existed.

May 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm |
    • Denalda B

In my opinion yes, they may be able after some time, make them realize the situation and get them to talk or maybe out of their own arrogance of what they believe spill information that may help us finish shutting down alqaeda altogether.

May 12, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  25. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Why does some women prefers to be second class citizens all of her life?

May 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
    • Nina

Its a brain washing and cultural perspective. They probably do not see themselves as second class citizens

May 12, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
      • Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

You right, this is the reason why it is so many nations wars going on today because everybody needs freedom! It is time to break away.

May 12, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
        • Nina

You are correct! As difficult as it is to watch, the positive side is that many people have chosen to be free from their government and desiring their form of democracy...

May 12, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
    • lilly

They don't consider themselves as second citizens, they were just taught from childhood that's how a woman is supposed to act. To them is just normal behavior since they hv e't been able to see or experience anything else.

May 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
      • Nina

That is correct. This is what they know and it seems normal for them.

May 12, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  26. Jason Carnicelli

There is the stink of collusion between the Pakistani government and the protection of Osama Bin Laden, as it scrambles to maintain a position of plausible deniability. To have intervened in the actual raid of Bin Laden's compound, the Pakistani military would have invited an altercation with the US, thus losing the ability to deny harboring Bin Laden all these years.

May 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  27. Nina

The poor families that have lost everything from the Mississippi flooding.

May 12, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yes, That will hard for families lost home as well, I have heard flood will take longer down to NOLA as well.

May 12, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
      • Nina

sometimes the news is difficult to watch, but it also has me feeling grateful for what I have

May 12, 2011 at 10:50 pm |
  28. Paula, Colorado

The security in Pakistan seems unusually indifferent to what is going on around them.

May 12, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
    • Leonardo Brito

that could be said for every country, including the US

May 12, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
    • Nina

Agreed and I wonder why the indifference

May 12, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
      • Denalda B

Even the peopl who lived there felt their police, military and Government was corrupt.

May 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  29. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

The wives should apologize for the loss of family members of 9/11 victims.

May 12, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
    • Leonardo Brito

Maybe not apologize for send their condolence

May 12, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
    • Denalda B

They would have to have a conscience that what happened was wrong.

May 12, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Gloria,
      You're so absolutely right! They should have apology to us, Good point.

May 12, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
      • Nina

They do not see an apology is necessary. I suppose they feel we have killed many of their people and 9/11 was just "pay-back"

May 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  30. Emilio

If the helicopters were special ops, they wouldn't make much sound - acoustic dampeners. The weapons they used would have certainly used silencers. So it is quite possible that the Pakistani military had no ability to detect the raid for up to 30 minutes.

May 12, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  31. Leonardo Brito

if the pictures of those three men shot to death were available to the public.

How come Bin Laden's picture are not able to be published? and why are giving importance to his wives when it could be waterboarding information?

May 12, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  32. Mike in TX

Isn't it amazing how they will protest so much until we say we'll take our money and support away

May 12, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  33. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

The wives should learn to speak for themselves!

May 12, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  34. fred

The Pakistan Government is cooperating with the United States Governement will they return the remains of the helicopter that went down or are they going to turn it over to another foriegn government?

May 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yes, Fred....... I think so.... They are.

May 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  35. Sharon Hastings

Why wouldn't he be complacent? He'd been there for years without being found out. He grew to think he was completely protected.

May 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
    • Kathy; Colorado

I also believe he may have been ill – illness can cause complacency

May 12, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  36. Mike in TX

I suspect OBL was so complacent in that he would be notified about anything that with the dark, the confusion and all that by the time he was aware he was eye to eye with one of our seals

May 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
  37. Paula, Colorado

Fascinating discussion on Osama bin Laden, Anderson.

May 12, 2011 at 10:15 pm |
  38. Lori

What is the population of the town that OBL was living in?

May 12, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
    • Denalda B

120,888 as of 2006

May 12, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Lori,
      OBL was living in same area where he lives right there.

May 12, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
  39. Nina

It is understandable why Bin Laden's wives were hostile.

May 12, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
    • Denalda B

Yes, we all know how they brainwash and since the one wife was very young she was probably coached and taught to believe in Bin Laden's way.

May 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
      • Nina

The wives are apart of the culture and religion, the believed in their husband. (OBL).. so naturally they would view us as the enemy.. especially since we killed their husband.

May 12, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  40. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

We have breaking news we have heard from one of source U.S, said that Bin Laden's wives spoke all of them from Pakistan tonight.

May 12, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  41. Denalda B

Bin Laden didn't have any escape set up or a way to destroy data, because he felt secure in his location, so that tells me he had some high ranking people he trusted keeping him safe. Think about the fact that he was so caught of guard, no warning. He had to have someone who hid the fact that he was there and they need to find who was hiding the fact he was able to move freely at times and no one noticed.

May 12, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
  42. Mike in TX

Hi all

May 12, 2011 at 10:06 pm |
  43. Sharon Hastings

Good evening Anderson and everyone. Sounds like we had very limited access to these women. Hopefully that will change. I also hope we get access to the rest of the materials that the SEALS didn't get to take with them.

May 12, 2011 at 10:06 pm |
  44. Leonardo Brito

how come his wives are important to American society over his dead picture?

May 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
    • Sharon Hastings

It's the information that the wives may have that's important to us.

May 12, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
      • Leonardo Brito

instead of going to proximate sources... why dont we go directly to the source?

Why dont we show his picture?

Judicial Watch file lawsuit against CIA for not keeping up with stories... so how can we trust in them from the info their retrieving from his wives? now they're becoming news!

May 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point question, They are very important to tell them than show or release of Osama bin Laden....... The main reason is that pictures show very graphic........ we don't want to see this right now.

May 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
      • Leonardo Brito

how come we were forced to see his wrath over us. How come everyone, and including me during my 8th grade year... i was forced to understand what was happening period!

How come we can't see the face of someone who terrorized this country so much it amended our culture

his wives dont tell us anything... we have proof of waterboarding people

May 12, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
        • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

People have understand how they have affected since 911. children are not able show that graphic very bad, we don't want to show children, can be scared of this picture, children can't understand why we were attacked like that, Good point Leonardo.

May 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  45. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Megan, Isha, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Lori, Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha, Chi, Jana, Karyn, Lily, Merl, Marybeth, others and my friend Facebook/Twitter Bloggers!!!!
    Happy Thursday night!!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
  46. Lori

Hello Anderson! Hello Everyone! Good evening.

May 12, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  47. Nina

Good evening Everyone

May 12, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  48. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! It's great to see you on. Sounds like a fascinating program tonight. I'm looking forward to your interview with the activist in Syria. I'm glad the US is now able to talk with bin Laden's wives.

May 12, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  49. lilly

good evening everyone!

May 12, 2011 at 10:01 pm |
    • lisal -canada

if the seals had been training for this mission in the way they say they train for missions, they would have likely learned enough of the native language to utter basic "military conversational" phrases – just because they could speak the language does not mean it was actually locals

May 12, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  50. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

May 12, 2011 at 10:00 pm |