April 19th, 2011

Video: Local GOP chair weighs in on Obama email

Editor's note: Soledad O'Brien speaks with Scott Baugh about an email about Pres. Obama sent by a fellow Republican in S. California.

Related video: Local GOP official apologizes for email

Filed under: President Barack Obama
  1. Jeff

Did you fake the same outrage when same exact thing was done to Pres. Bush ?? I didn't think so. Put the race card away, It was overdrawn years ago.

April 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm |
  2. Jane McCormick

I am so sorry that this lady thought it was cool to deface our president of the united states of America I like my president very much he has a caring heart and so does his family. Shame on that lady. shame on the GOP party I will never vote for a Republican as long as I live in America they are acting like The old White supremacists groups back in the days?

April 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
  3. Dale

I am confused about this story. She claims to be a christian woman and yet finds making fun of someone funny. Not Very Christian if you ask me. I am fed up with this garbage. I receive e-mails all the time of people somehow making a fool of other people. I was not a fan of George Bush but I never would make fun of him in that way.

I am under the idea that I may not like a politicians ideas. I do believe that they all have the best interest of the country behind their thoughts and ideas.

There is so much support to stop bullying however this type of e-mail or pictures of people in stores or videos on you-tube is nothing more than bullying. These people have not agreed to be made fun of in this way. Yet many people and many who claim to be Christian think it is OK.

Soledads interview was excellent. This was a racist e-mail or at the very least offensive to those who want to do the right thing. Integrity is lost on this women and it seems that we are losing it in our daily lives for our entertainment.

Thank you Soledad and Anderson for keeping them honest.

April 19, 2011 at 12:59 pm |
  4. Robert C. Roberson

I find it refreshing that sometimes common sense can still come into play when issues like this arise. The Republicans could use more people like Scott Baugh. I'll bet he's not a member of the Tea Party.

April 19, 2011 at 10:09 am |
  5. Dwight

Typical of the Republican Party. Disrespect the President in public and then try to apologize later...real Christian like? But then, that's the premise this country was founded on right?

April 19, 2011 at 8:21 am |
  6. maria Tampa

I don't think that the second apology email was any better than the first. She twice states how she "forwarded" it as if she is less culpable since she did not compose it. How could she have thought that there was anything remotely funny about it? I'm sick of people insisting they are Christian when clearly there is nothing Christ like about them.

April 19, 2011 at 2:23 am |
  7. Curt

A.C , George Bush Jr. was referred to as "the chimp" many times on many platforms, with many derogatory pictures of him. I guess this was o.k. because he was white. Why should this be a racism issue at all ? Because Obama is part black ? This double standard of racism is getting too much to bear.

April 19, 2011 at 2:19 am |
  8. Alex

It is only rascist if the intent was to be rascist. This really is under a double standard because if you have ANY experience looking at political cartoons over the last 200+ years of this country, you will see some very unflattering and, YES, rascist-against-white persons caricatures. So, while the chimp reference is in bad taste, to turn this into a race issue is ridiculous. Do white people cry rascism when we see cartoons of white people with big ears, potbellies and acting as greedy oppressors of the public? Rascism works both ways. So if you want to report this as rascism, make sure you fairly report ALL forms of rascism, no matter what race is being ridiculed.

April 19, 2011 at 2:15 am |
  9. Tanya Sallustro

Marilyn Davenport's comments and depiction of the President of the United States of America
    is vile and in keeping with the thinking and behavior of the KU KLUX KLAN who have never acknowledged Black men as fellow human beings. Marilyn Davenport if you're an example of a good American Christian as described by your peers,
    this country is in very serious trouble.
    You ought to have the decency to resign.

April 19, 2011 at 1:39 am |
  10. John McGee

I think she is a racistest. I think she should be recalled and replaced. The GOP is a party of racists and I bet there are more people like her in the GOP.

April 19, 2011 at 1:20 am |