April 7th, 2011

Emergency Meeting on Budget Battle: Join the Live Chat

We're just 26 hours away from a government shutdown if the White House and Congress can't come up with a budget deal.
A meeting is underway right now. We'll have the latest on the showdown. Plus, a deadly airstrike in eastern Libya. And, here at home, the snake that escaped from New York's Bronx Zoo gets a name.

Want more details on what we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Terry Wilson oregon

I'm sure i speak for many when i say thank god for protecting you and for the courage he continues to gift you with. your parents were wise in telling you to keep your faith and trust in god. may the lord continue to be with you and i pray that he send you an angel to get you home safely. the men who did this to you will not be able to escape judgement from the lord and their time will come. be safe and keep your faith in god.

April 7, 2011 at 10:59 pm |
  2. MIchele Fauset

Dana
    I'm in the same boat my husband is going over again first time to AFG. I have just started renting a house that is under my BHA. I have missed my second months rent and am afread to loss my house. I wounder who is going to pay my bills. I would like to see my husband before he goes over in May but that wont happen with this cut. The government better help us keep our houses we are renting.

April 7, 2011 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Kaytee

Its amazing the lengths the republicans and the tea party will go to because of hatred for the president. If they agree on a budget, it may look to good for the pres going into an election. So they will just let the gov't shut down. After Pres Obama agreed to their first budget. Then the tea party decided to up the ante?

April 7, 2011 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Lisa

Hi Anderson, I just wanted to what a great show you have. Thank you and the AC360 staff for such wonderful and important stories to our attention.

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! "Ssssssss!"

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Khristine

Good night Anderson. Thanks for allowing me to vent. This was my first 360 blog experience and I sure needed it.

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

P.S. Hellooooooo Mia, the snake I love!!!!! LOL!!

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson & Team 360 for an incredible week of stories! Try & have a safe & peaceful weekend.,

Good night fellow writers. Wow time flew all week! May All have a safe & peaceful weekend.

I pray that the Fed. Gov. does Not shut down.
    At least PAY our Troops & Families!

Great story Anderson, about your snake LOL

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Gretchen

@mike,he said he would help the rebels,with some protection not all protection

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Sue R. - Canton Mi

Goodnight AC360Team and fellow bloggers.

Great comments on the blog this evening.

Good show tonight Anderson.
    Hope we have better news tomorrow.

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Janis

Good night. Hope next week has some more light in it.

Thank you Anderson and staff.

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Jennifer - Michigan

The snake is really cute.
    Anyone else watching the live eagle cam in Iowa. I'm so addicted...very fun and cute.

April 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Dana Tony

Please do not be confused by the issues. This is class warfare. By the time that people accept that the Republicans are fighting for the wealthy and corporations instead of for all of us, this country will have no middle class. This is not about President Obama as the Republicans would like everyone to think. It is about the rich and powerful and rewarding the Republicans wealthy donors. Some people are so filled with hate against the President and the Democrats that they cannot discern the truth. Look at the laws the Republicans pass not what they say. Determine if those laws are meant to help ordinary people or just special interest groups.

April 7, 2011 at 10:57 pm |