April 5th, 2011
  1. Ron

The alleged rape victim is in serious consequences. Where she is located is in pro-Gaddafi areas of the country and is asking for serious trouble and possibly death.

First she has to accept that leaving Libya is her only viable option. Get her away from her mother who is only trying to protect her. Take her to a neighboring state where she can tell her story and give her some Valium to calm her down. Right now she she acting like a lunatic whenever the cameras are running.

April 5, 2011 at 11:58 pm |
  2. noella hill

Anderson, I would love to help Eman. I am a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner. I collect evidence after a rape has happened. I can obtain a kit so that swabs can be done for DNA. This way these people can be put away for life. This is a horrible story and I feel like I need to help. Please call me! or email me! Noella

April 5, 2011 at 11:57 pm |
  3. Mike

Are you seriously a world news network? A woman got raped most likely in Libya. Many women get raped in the USA every single day. I am very sorry for each and every one of them. And many more get raped in every other single country around the world. How is this some measure against the regime? Why is that the coverage I see day after day? I'm most certain she is not the only one... But you pick her out to highlite?! If you want ot focus on rape victims, you needn't have traveled outside the US.

April 5, 2011 at 11:35 pm |
  4. Gordan

Anderson !!!
    How many women are raped in US on a daily basis ??

You should be ashamed of yourself

April 5, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  5. Gigi

Anderson,

I appreciate what you're doing as a journalist. I just watched the clip of your interview with al-Obeidy. Granted it was not the full interview I saw, but I have a heart-felt request: next time you interview her or any other victim of violence, show some EMPATHY. Without it, you risk becoming another rapist with your questions.

April 5, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
  6. Jackie Rwigamba

PLEASE, I BEG YOU AMERICANS, TO HELP EMAN AL-OBEIDI TO COME OUT FROM TRIPOLI, THEN VISIT HER FAMILY AND THEN GIVE HER ASYLUM IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

GOD BLESS,

Ms JACKIE RWIGAMBA
    A Rwandan living in Brussels, Belgium

April 5, 2011 at 10:35 am |
  7. Betsy

THANK YOU CNN for persisting to find Eman. This one woman's story will change the world. Her enormous strength to make a difference is inspiring, unprecedented. I pray all women who have been and are being brutalized by Libyan government will gain strength by this to do what they can to be heard, to stand up as she has.
    What can be done to get her out of Tripoli?

April 5, 2011 at 10:10 am |
  8. James

Unfortunately,placing her in the media spotlight doesn't help her case...the alternative is to smuggle her out...her plight helps neither of the protagonists

April 5, 2011 at 3:30 am |