March 31st, 2011

Gadhafi Looking for a Way Out?: Join the Live Chat

There are new signs tonight that Mommar Gadhafi's inner circle is shrinking and, perhaps, even splitting. There are reports that Colonel Gadhafi might, might be looking for a way out. We'll also have tonight's other headlines.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Janis

@amjed – Do you have any idea what he may be trying to do? Mischief?

March 31, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
  2. Paula, Colorado

I hope Libya will soon have a stronger, less destructive leadership.

March 31, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
  3. Nina

Is Eman al-Obeidy still missing?

March 31, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
  4. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nicole Netherlands
    Moussa Koussa should be tried in The Hague (international court)
    Maybe the whole Lockerbie story, the whole truth may come to light.
    Would be healing for a lot of people.

Nicole,
    YES! He will be guilty what he have done to us!

March 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  5. Nicole Netherlands

Those kids, those spoiled over the suffering of others kids of Gaddaffi...
    Maybe they should get an reality check
    Not going on safari?!

March 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  6. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Apparently i guessed right! The sons are "soft" and spoiled.

They will want lots of money to party with and to live the lifestyle they believe they deserve.

I hope NO agreement of that nature comes to pass.

March 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  7. Sue R.,,-Canton Mi.

I'm thinking that the help for the people of Libya came a little too late.

March 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  8. hugh

If Gadhafi leaves who takes his place, and who gets the oil?

March 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  9. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I can't even imagine one of Gadhafi's kids throwing him under the bus by bailing out.

March 31, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  10. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

@Richard, the southern border is wide open. The President of Chad is Gadhafi's buddy.

March 31, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  11. amjed

way out are you kidding, in libya we know him better, so keep dreaming

March 31, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  12. Janis

It would be great if more countries would start recognizing the opposition government as the legitimate government of Libya. What's taking so long? That would be a great impetus for moving all this forward in many ways.

March 31, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  13. Lori

I think that eventually this activity will lead to weakening and termination of this regime.

March 31, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nicole Netherlands
    @Megan If you are going to drop bombs to help people who are under attack..
    In some way I was thinking their would be (should, could) be a good humanitarian effort underway (?!)
    Maybe AC will know

Good point!!!! I don't want that bombs over town, That is so danger right now....... Yes, Anderson already knows now..... I felt that we don't want bombs over this city!!!!!!!!

March 31, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  15. Janis

@Megan – Thanks Megan. It's good so many of us care about her. I don't want her to be forgotten with all the news going on now.

March 31, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  16. Richard Voss

Personally, I feel that since there is only a limited No Fly Zone over Libya. This left a lot of territory for Gadhafi to escape to. Who is to say he hasn't already left and is broadcasting from a location far away?

March 31, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
  17. Nina

Qaddafi is a psychopath. He will only be enraged at Moussa Koussa for betraying him. Moussa Koussa had better be careful. If Qaddafi has any friends outside of Libya, it might be expected that they will try and terminate Moussa Koussa.

March 31, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
  18. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Janis
    I'm hoping for Eman's safe return. I hope Nic has found a way to get an interview with her also. If Gadhafi is serious about negotiating his way out he should be showing some mercy about now.

Janis,
    I agree, Me too..... I hope Eman's safe will return soon, I know why no one know where Eman is right now.

March 31, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
  19. Nicole Netherlands

Moussa Koussa should be tried in The Hague (international court)
    Maybe the whole Lockerbie story, the whole truth may come to light.
    Would be healing for a lot of people

March 31, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
  20. Janis

I think Moussa Koussa is a great threat to Gadhafi with all the information he has – could be a star witness at Gadhafi's "Nuremburg". It's like Gadhafi is in a box canyon now. This could be cause for prosecution on war crimes.

March 31, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
  21. Lori

Hi Anderson. Hi Everyone. Good evening.

March 31, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
  22. Starr, formerly known as vincent

The Lybian spokesman really "spun" that story.

I truly hope Kusa is worth it.

You GO Anderson – great discussion and terrific questions!

March 31, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
  23. Nina

Moussa Koussa is fleeing so he will not be tried by the ICC. He knows Qaddafi will fall and he prefers to be away.

March 31, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
  24. Nicole Netherlands

@Megan If you are going to drop bombs to help people who are under attack..
    Maybe AC will know 😉

March 31, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
  25. Sharon Hastings

He asked for sick leave? Now I've heard everything.

March 31, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
  26. Janis

He called in sick?

March 31, 2011 at 10:15 pm |
  27. Nina

Good evening everyone

March 31, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
  28. Janis

March 31, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
  29. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nicole Netherlands
    This is not good, how is it that no humanatarian aid is coming into Misurata?!
    Where is the red cross, the half moon, doctors without borders?

Nicole,
    That is good point, I agree your question, Where are they to help there right now????????? That is so devasting to see this!

March 31, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
  30. Charles : Mesa, Az

The opposition fighters may not have military training, despite that, they're doing one hell of a good job fighting back. Crush that madman and his sons.

March 31, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
  31. Sue R.,,-Canton Mi.

If it's true that Gadhafi is looking for a way out,,where would he go? Hopefully he will still be held accountable for the crimes that he comitted against his own people.

March 31, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
  32. Starr, formerly known as vincent

@Janis – re: Gadhafi trust

I agree, i don't trust him either. And, you can bet that his sons will want to take a good deal of money with them before they even think about leaving Lybia.

March 31, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
  33. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Now, that's reality!

March 31, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
  34. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

President Obama was extremely naive to think he could shoot a bunch of cruise missiles, drop a few bombs, and have it be over.

March 31, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
  35. angela m

My heart really goes out to the children. this has got to be really traumatic for them.

March 31, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
  36. Nicole Netherlands

This is not good, how is it that no humanatarian aid is coming into Misurata?!
    Where is the red cross, the half moon, doctors without borders?

March 31, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
  37. Sharon Hastings

I'm thinking Gadhafi is running out of people he can trust as he sees those in his inner circle leaving.

March 31, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  38. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Janis
    What about his sons?

Janis,
    I have no idea his sons, I think that they still their power as well, I don't they would leave as well.

March 31, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  39. Janis

Somehow I don't quite trust Gadhafi. It's like he'll say he wants out and then jump out with guns firing or something to that effect. It'll be interesting to see how they do it if it happens. Nobody trusts him anymore.

March 31, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  40. Sue R.,,-Canton Mi.

It seems like never ending chaos in Lybia. Hope it's true that Gadhafi is now looking for a way out.

March 31, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
  41. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I think Gadhafi will exit from Libya right now, I am patience if he will leave this office or home as well. I am shocked all cars, buildings and hospitals are already damaged over town! Yikes!

March 31, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
  42. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Good evening Anderson & Team 360.

Hello, Nancy, Nichole, Megan, Emily, JoAnn, Mike, Casey, Nina, Heather, Sharon H., everyone.

If Gadhafi is looking to "get away" that's possibly a good sign.

March 31, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
  43. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Wow!!!!!

March 31, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
  44. Sue R.,,-Canton Mi.

Good evening everyone.
    Looking forward to the show tonight.

March 31, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  45. Janis

Hello everyone. Gadhafi looking for a way out? That may be good news. What about his sons?

March 31, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  46. Nicole Netherlands

Good Evening Anderson, AC360 team, Bloggers!
    Looking forward to the (packed) show tonight

March 31, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  47. Sharon Hastings

Good evening Anderson and everyone. Boy, would we all be thrilled if Gadhafi really were looking for a way out.

March 31, 2011 at 10:01 pm |
  48. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! It's great to see you on. Sounds like a fascinating program tonight.
    I hope Gadhafi is considering a way out.

March 31, 2011 at 10:01 pm |
  49. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Megan, Isha, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Lori, Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha, Chi, Jana, Karyn, Lily, Merl, others and my friend Facebook/Twitter Bloggers!!!!

March 31, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

March 31, 2011 at 10:00 pm |