March 15th, 2011
  1. TUNDE CARDOZO

Good Day Anderson,
    I will like to start by saying specail thanks to the Japan 50's and to say congratulations to you. You need not search for hereos for your next thanksgiving hereo show cause you've got fifty of them.
    May God Almighty be in front of the 50's to lead them, behind them to protect them and above them to bless them.
    Finally, may the soul of those who pass away rest in perfect peace, amen.

March 15, 2011 at 9:15 pm |
  2. MA Moore

Dear Anderson, I am afraid the lack of facts and information is similar to the BP cover up. Please be careful. Are there any independant sources looking into the environmental impact and water pollution? I have never in my life seen such black water! The pollution is out of control, amoung other things. Best of Luck and thanks for keepin them honest! xoxo MA

March 15, 2011 at 6:32 pm |
  3. Deb

Nations are evaluating their nuke plants as to whether they can withstand an earthquake or tsunami...Remember that is was the **power outage** that caused the multiple problems in Japan...not the quake or tsumani.

We have a pathetic power grid and would be in the same situation, or worse, than Japan if we had to deal with power outages from storms or terror.

Can we get that worked on **now** before it's too late, please???

March 15, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
  4. Che'ri

I know they don't want to cause panic here in the states. It would be another addition to your reporting if CNN could show the jet stream and future forecasts. I hope you and your crews all stay safe, thank you for your amazing reporting.

March 15, 2011 at 11:47 am |
  5. Christopher

Jim Walsh has shown diagrams of what's happening with the fuel rods & reactor in the nuclear power plant, but not one person has explained why the tempurature as not dropped at all eventhough there is no power to heat the fuel rods. I understand they are extremely hot, but it's been 4 days and water has supposedly been pumped in there. Does this material not cool down on it's own...ever? Can't they just shut it off? Please explain that so we an understand better. Thx.

March 15, 2011 at 9:26 am |
  6. Lani

Can a ship at sea as the nuclear reactors are on the coast be utilized as an alternate power source to suppy power to the power plant?

March 15, 2011 at 6:29 am |
  7. yoko kobayashi

I am so glad you and your crew are in Japan: I left Tokyo for California one day before the earthquake and Tsunami hit the Tohoku area. I have been cooped up in a hotel room since following the terrible disaster being unfolded on TV.
    Now the nuclear power plants are creating the worst kind of problems not only in Fukushima but also at Tokai-mura in Ibaraki, though the latter seems to be at a very beginning stage.
    The Tokai plant has a history and this Fukushima incident's unfolding story is like a replica of the Tokai accident of several years ago when a couple of young workers died of radiation just as one worker died in Fukushimam this time.
    Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) has never been open to the public and they have not changed their attitude at all and we are witnessing it right now.
    People in the Tohoku region are so devastated and the whole nation is in mourning: What TEPCO is doing is unforgivable, though I understand that they are also under duress.
    Please keep yourselves warm and keep reporting!! Thank you!

March 15, 2011 at 5:21 am |
  8. Candice

I wish Mr. Cooper would address the fact that experimental fuel is said to have been in use in at least one of these plants in Japan. It was talked about only once that I know of and I've never heard it mentioned again. It was said that this fuel was much more toxic than what is normally used. Why is no one talking about this?

March 15, 2011 at 2:08 am |
  9. mark

During our current experience with the nuclear situation in Japan I am sure the general population of the world thinks goverments all over the world should be seriously considering closing all nuclear power plants and consintrating on solar power and using our technology to improve solar power.
    Mark

March 15, 2011 at 2:05 am |
  10. Elizabeth Carter

Look at the research on Chernobyl. The greatest health risk is to babies and young children who drank milk from cows that had eaten contaminated grasses. These very young children got thyroid cancer. The iodine pills thatare being handed out to adults won't be helpful. Their thyroid glands are not at risk because the cell growth and tunover is so slow, unlike the babies whose thyroids are rapidly growing and will take up the radioactive material (I131). I Know I have not addressed the immediate effects of radiation exposure. There are experts on scene for that. But this thyroid cancer is preventable if the mothers are told and given uncontaminated milk for their babies.

March 15, 2011 at 2:01 am |
  11. Michael Castrova

I suppose there are many areas within 30 km of the nuclear plant sight that have not yet been searched for surviors, which probably does not bode well for them if the core container is broken.

March 15, 2011 at 1:51 am |
  12. Paul Grimes

The wind is blowing directly from Fukushima to Tokyo and nobody is sounding the alarm. The people of Chernobyl waited for the government too!!!!

March 15, 2011 at 1:51 am |