March 15th, 2011
  1. Rod Legozzie

God Speed Japan! Forgive me if this sounds silly, but I cannot help go back to my childhood and watching science fiction movies from Japan. Now, I have a vision of 100 helicopters hoisting a giant iceberg and placing it ontop of the entire facility. Then, an army of dump trucks and tractors placing a mountain of dirt on top. Let me see science fiction come to life. You can do it!! God bless!

March 15, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  2. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Let's all send a prayer around the World for the people of Japan.

March 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm |
  3. Mary Stuntz

In August 1945 we dropped an a-bomb on Hiroshima that killed 166,000 and injured over 100,000 people.
    A few days later the a-bomb we dropped on Nagasaki killed 74,000 and injured about 75,000 people.
    I would say the Japanese are very resilient people, wouldn't you?

March 15, 2011 at 11:21 am |
  4. John French

At first it was my impression that the US News Reporters were being too harsh with Japenese leaders regarding their lack of open reporting on the status of the damaged reactors. Now, I beleive they (the US Reporters) were correct and when this is all over, many more people will have been exposed to high levels of radiation because the government wanted to avoid a panic (or whatever their reason is for keeping a lid on the reality of status of the reactors). This is far more serious locally and globally than Katrina, but smells the same when it comes to politics and reality. My heart goes out to those directly an indirectly impacted by the earthquakes and the subsequent deaths and damage.

March 15, 2011 at 10:31 am |
  5. Stephanie

Good afternoon from Sweden. I hear there are 55 Nuclear plants in Japan. One Nuk plant has had 3 reactors explode. And 2 more at the same plant are not doing well. And there are 54 Nuclear plants in Japan. What is going on with the other 54?

March 15, 2011 at 8:31 am |
  6. Robert Peele

The real danger at Japan Nukes is spent fuel rods in those pools outside and above the containment shell. Especially #4 that was down for maintenance. In a week or two when all the water boils out of the 40 foot deep pool – already happened in #4 and that is what was burning and spewing radiation into the air.

March 15, 2011 at 8:29 am |
  7. Michelle

It;s disconcerting to see and hear Jim Walsh, and to a lesser extent Dr Gupta, question the honesty and sincerity of the people giving statements regarding the nuclear crisis in Japan. There may have been issues in the past regarding obfuscation of facts, but in the middle of one of the worst natural disasters ever seen this is hardly the time.

The fact that many of the Japanese people can even function at the level they are – knowing that many of their neighbors, friends, relatives have or may have lost their lives – is remarkable.

A little more compassion, please.

March 15, 2011 at 2:26 am |
  8. Shar Crowell

This is like absolutely the worst movie plot ever. The poor people of Japan. Disaster upon disaster, horror upon horror, mind numbing tragedy.

March 15, 2011 at 12:49 am |