March 10th, 2011
  1. Ali Libyan

On behalf of the Libyan people everywhere I would like to say Thank you Anderson Cooper for the coverage of the situation in Libya. Whats happening now in my country is just horrific. I wake up every morning wishing to log on the Internet and read that this whole thing is over. We are sick and tired of hearing the UN and the NATO issuing warnings and "discussing options" while Gaddafi is taking lives by the minute.

And the whole Al Qaieda lie, is just that: a lie! Pure and simple. We have the liberals and the conservatives and everything in between. Extremism has no place in our country, no place at all.

March 10, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
  2. Christina, Windber, PA

It's heartbreaking to hear these stories and what they are going through. I've heard people comment that they are tired of hearing about Libya. It's disturbing and depressing to listen to, there's no argument about that. But if it is hard for us to listen to, imagine what it would be like to be the ones living it every day and every night. They probably haven't slept peacefully for weeks: can they not sleep for the sound of gunfire and the noise from the crowds or for the sound of their hearts pounding in fear? We can turn the channel or turn off the television. They can't! They are living through it without knowing how it's going to turn out. I pray that God will help them through this and that it ends soon and happily. Unfortunately, those that have lost loved ones will still have to live without them. Thanks Anderson for covering this and sticking with it. God Bless!

March 10, 2011 at 7:48 pm |
  3. Hiefa

Thank you for supporting us on our fight for freedom. We will not forget this ever. I can help you to contact more people inside Misurata.

March 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
  4. Mohamed Bughrara

The Libyan State TV told all the Libyans that America is in the regime's side and will attack the civilians. This is clearly not true! Tell your families in Libya and Spread the Voice!

March 10, 2011 at 3:52 pm |
  5. Claudia, Houston, Tx

I support the people of Libya but we must recognize they excercised a Plan A by protesting and we as Americans must ask ourselves what or who is responsible for Plan B.

March 10, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
  6. Edward Kellman

To: Andersoon Cooper

I have been following the situation in Libya closely and I want to tell you what I think The us governmant should do.

Obviously the man needs to go and almost everyone is in favor of it. (The guy rules like they did a thousand years ago) I watched gates comments last week and agree with everything he said.

I do not believe that we can or should impose a no fly zone or arm the "rebels" for all the reasons that gates laid out. (Plus they could end up using the arms against us.) However, the arab world is looking to us for help and asking for our assistance and I don't think we should let them down.

If we really want to aid in kadafis removal, my solution is this. The US has the ability to kill kadafi with one bomb. We know he's in Tripoli and we know where he is. One 3000# bunker buster bomb is all it would take to end him. No ships, no no-fly zone, no planes, no arms, no costs, nothing. I say give him 24 hours notice that he has to step down. let him leave the country to anywhere that will take him. Give him a way out and let him live. If he won't leave we drop 1 bomb and end the tyranny. Any other solution to aid the uprising is too complicated and gets our hands to dirty. This is the easiest way to get to the end that we want. He will leave.

March 10, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
  7. Hana

I've been reviewing most of the reports and correspondences on ac360 and really do appreciate the efforts taking place. This is truly an evidence that no matter where you're from or what your background is, truth must prevail.

What's going on in Libya is quite a roller coaster that doesn't seem to stop for intervals. The way I see it, I'm stuck here in the UK, my immediate family's stuck in Misrata, my extended one is stuck in Sirt, my dear friends are stuck in Tripoli... what a sticky situation!!

I am one of the blessed to know that my relations are safe and well and that I'm able to contact them daily on their land line (cell phones with difficulty)... yet, not much could be said for safety reasons.

We remain hopeful and strong for what's best for Libya.

March 10, 2011 at 8:40 am |
  8. Matthew James McGee

I have been watching this drama unfold avidly from the beginning, and I applaud the bravery of the international reporters and Anderson's continued impartial moderation of the incoming reports... Alex Crawford's testimony puts the lie to dictator's everywhere. Ghadafi's actons are obviously beyond reprehensable, and the latest reports coming out of Misrada and Zawiya are nothing less than nauseating, to say nothing of the video. I would like for the rest of western civilization to take a stand for once instead of waiting on the USA to step in and solve everything. I also feel that were we not misled into a war in which we never belonged in the first place we would be in a better position to help the aspiring patriots in Libya and perhaps solidify our standing in the Middle East as champions of liberty, and not the power/oil/money hungry infidels we are currently viewed as in the region. Mr. Cooper, please continue to uphold the standard of excellence we have all come to expect from you and your team at CNN.

March 10, 2011 at 3:20 am |
  9. David Birnbaum

Is it possible to offer a no fly zone over a smaller area such as the coastal oil rich areas and less volatile and dangerous eastern Libya? We may be able to cut Gadhafi's revenue while allowing the eastern half of Libya or organize and train a proper fighting force.

March 10, 2011 at 1:55 am |
  10. Sharon Rose Crowley, RN, FCNS

Dear Anderson & colleagues: Please, please keep up your coverage of the Libyan quest for freedom. We cannot turn a blind eye and cold heart to the plight of these brave people who risk everything, just for the chance to feel what liberty might be like. Please continue to show the world that human anguish cannot be measured by how much our gas prices rise. Thank you so much. And, let us know how we can help.

March 10, 2011 at 1:37 am |
  11. Raymond

I was just thinking that what is going on overther in libya has more to do with uniting all the muslim nations because Iran needs to have as much support as posible. I feel bad for any nation that will kill there own people and I hope that all the noncombatants can get help. but I think the next step that the muslim nations will do is unite and try to attack Isreal but all the nations overthere know if they even try something like that that the U.S. would stop that country. that is why I think all those muslim nations overthere are trying to join forces to attack Isreal. They would know that there is no way for us to stop all of them in time to stop mass death in Isreal. I also think that are millitary know something like this is happening that is why we put 12 warships overthere and that is just what are military wants us to know about. I hope and pray for Isreal to be safe. love your show by the way. Keep up the good work.

March 10, 2011 at 1:34 am |
  12. Carolyn jaskolka

Have we forgotten about our friends and brother

March 10, 2011 at 1:30 am |
  13. Doron

While you report Gadhafi's masacre, there are secret agreements made between Gadhafi, Vienna, Greece, and Egypt how to keep the murderes regime and halt the oposition fiting. Is Obama not aware of this?

March 10, 2011 at 1:22 am |