March 9th, 2011
  1. carle carr

Anderson,What must we do as americans to get the no fly zone going,why let the people get killed,what is wrong with Obama,he should be listening to the U S people,We want the killing stoped.Why isn't Japan and rusia over there seeing for themselves.I know why,They treat their people the same Libya's leader does,If you keep people honest than cast the answer to this.

March 10, 2011 at 11:46 pm |
  2. Dr. James F Kettering

Keep up the good work, Anderson. Just sent off an email to President Obama:

Mr. President

Recent military operations initiated by Khadafi are clearly in violation of the Geneva Accord (as were ours in Iraq under W). Yes, it is time for Khadafi to go–must we sit by while he continues to do what he threatened to do all along. I, like Matt Damon am losing hope with you. Take charge! Make it clear what you want! I don't think you want to sit on your hands while atrocities are committed after you have sided with the people of Libya. I know this is not a simple matter but I expect more of you in being clear and moving it in the direction that truly supports Libyan desires for freedom. I am still with you, but not for much longer with the kind of massacres that are now being committed.

Godspeed

James F Kettering

PS- Anderson Cooper deserves to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and you need to live up to yours.

March 10, 2011 at 11:03 pm |
  3. Tracy Hiuser

I am literally sickened by the reports from Libya and by so-called civilised governments who are allowing the Gadhafi's to continue their genocidal rampage. I am angry for those people, who looked to the west for help, and are faced with what can only appear to them as disheartening apathy. The Gadhafi regime, and its mercenaries lack any moral compass – and in a tribal society – actions speak louder than words.

I heard the woman from Zawiya shout our for help from our Prime Minister & your President.
    I am sorry, and I am ashamed.

I can only hope the Libyan opposition, and civilians caught in the cross fire understand that our governments reluctance to act is not necessarily a true reflection of whether or not WE the people care about what is happening. Keep exposing them Anderson, do not let them die in vain.

March 10, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  4. Laurie Belvin

There is no doubt that many in Libya are in a fight for their lives. There is some doubt whether Ghadafy (choose a spelling) is deranged or sucking us in. There is good reason only to respond with U.N. forces. I want this to stop as much as anyone else, but it is frankly not our fight. If we go in with NATO, it is as if the U.S. has invaded, and we must be ready to fight a war for decades with unidentified enemies taking pot shots at us. This may not be the time of revolution, but merely a prelude. It has to be up to the people of Libya. We should not try to force them into this; it is their fight.

March 10, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
  5. Suzanne

Anderson, I am thankful that you are keeping us aware of the truth, more facts are coming and NATO cannot denies these images for ever, we the united states are their only hope now, I cry for every minute these people suffer

March 10, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  6. Darion, Wisconsin

Even if the U.N. approves a "No Fly Zone" over libya, Opposition Forces are still practically dry on weapons, ammo, food, water, and medical supplies. unless U.N. takes action now, this revolt will end, and its revolters that have died will die in vein and for nothing, and this story will be long forgotten after this revolt.

March 10, 2011 at 2:50 pm |
  7. Phyllis M.

I fear the Libyan people lost their chance when some of them took up arms. They needed the numbers who fled. Had they all stood together in peaceful protest, The U.N. would have stopped this clearly mentally ill man from slaughtering his people.

March 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm |
  8. susan tarek ali

most of media keep saying civil war please it is not civil war it is war between mad man gadhafi against unarmed people so it is uneqal war at 17 of febu he killed protests most of them were under 25yr old all libyan people heat gadhafi and we support and love the national council even in tripoli but they are afraid from the killing

March 10, 2011 at 12:53 pm |
  9. Micheal

The news commentary and video on CNN are enough to make any leader of a civilized nation demand intervention to stop the killing. What a terrible situation the president is in. If the United States starts a no fly zone, bombs military sites, and kills Libyans, Iran will immediately say, "See this is precisely the reason we need nuclear weapons". They will prevent the United States from invading our country and air space. Starting a no fly zone in Libya has implications well beyond just to check Gadhafi.

March 10, 2011 at 3:06 am |
  10. Paul Goodrow

As a Jew I would like to know if I can help in Lybya? I would like to assist.

March 10, 2011 at 2:53 am |
  11. Daniel Morgan

In the interest of "keeping them honest" why didn't you point out that Egypt has no oil and Libya does?

Most likely the reason we are not setting up a no-fly zone is all about oil and has little if anything to do with military assets or integrated air defenses.

Shooting down a single Libyan MIG would, in and of itself, probably ground the entire Libyan air force.

March 10, 2011 at 2:03 am |