February 24th, 2011
  1. jerry

This has been dismissed as a conspiracy theory in the past.
    Perhaps not everything is how we are told it is.

February 25, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  2. Marvin Cochran

Hi Anderson it would be great just to talk to you there just not enough space to type it all. by the way I am a democrat but this president has no backbone. He run around preaching freedom and that poor woman begging for help and it take five days for him to says a few word and all this meeting and it take time to decide our option those people don,t have the time i,d hate be in the coal mine where i work and to depend him to recuse me. just a no fly zone would give the poor people fighting for freedom some hope you need to get hard on his case and demand some countalbilty on this president if talking would solve problem then we would,nt have any get rough with him try to tell him to get off the fence.

February 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm |
  3. Melody F

I don't understand the big deal. Everyone is acting as if this is some kind of criminal or evil act like something out of movie The Manchurian Candidate. This is a General that is responsible for the lives of so many of our soldiers fighting in Afghanistan. I don't believe any one has the right to judge or criticize his actions until you have had such an immense burden placed on your shoulders. He wasn't doing this for selfish reasons, he's doing whatever it takes to guarantee our troops have the proper gear and support (financially and in numbers of soldiers) to do their job effectively and get them home safe to their families. My son is currently in Afghanistan, and I want those responsible for my son to make sure that they do everything in their power to make sure he has the right equipment and support to do his job safely.

February 25, 2011 at 11:19 am |
  4. Vito La Giorgia

What about the children? Amidst all that's going on in the world today, we are forgetting the most important part of the future – our children. I realize there might not be a future full of opportunity if we don't take care of the problems today. But recently I came across an add from the fashion maker Diesel called "Be Stupid." I think you should check it out. It is appalling. Many parents in both red and blue states are no match to the power of the negative messages in the media. Sex and Violence plays on all of our darkest carnal impulses, add this "Be Stupid" campaign and soon those popular Zombie Survival books will actually come in handy. Could somebody at CNN please expose the negative messages are children are being exposed to amidst this generation of dual-income families raised by television. Do it for the children. Do it for the future. Thank you

February 25, 2011 at 11:00 am |
  5. Md. Manirul Ali

Dear Mr. Anderson,

I really admire your efforts to make world aware of what is going on in the middle east.
    God bless you. Hope to see more on AC360

February 25, 2011 at 4:27 am |
  6. Hermine Hartunian

Dear Anderson, why can't the media be truthful to the American people, and let every one know the 300 people in the small ship are taken as hostages. Goodnight and may god keep those poor people and their families safe.

February 25, 2011 at 2:24 am |
  7. jeffrey paulsen

I was a psy-op specialist in the US Army Reserve. Aside from pure role-playing scenarios, whenever I made an effort to gather information on a specific target, that information became SECRET information. I was required to place the info in a folder and label it SECRET. This was to let people know that if they read the info without having the proper clearance and or proper need to know, then they would be in violation of military law. With this said, if I were to gather info while a sworn serviceman under duty then it should be considered that this info was to be used against an enemy force to make them think what I want them to think. There was and there is no need for a psy-op person or persons to gather intel on our own senators an congressmen, because they are not part of the target per our guidelines of service, they are not an enemy! If the higher ups say that this was just practice, then they are telling a big one. I am pretty sure our soldiers in Afghanistan have plenty to do instead of sitting around practicing all day, thats why they are trained for an extensive amount of time. Thanks for your time, Jeffrey S. Paulsen

February 25, 2011 at 2:15 am |
  8. Dan Lucchesi

Where the HELL is the United Nations?

February 25, 2011 at 2:12 am |
  9. Andrew Brookes

How much can America do??? How much can any of us do??? Days or weeks or months ago, if any "Western Power" or Country would have been bold enough to step in to say the ruling party was doing things wrong, the Lybian people would have EXPLODED, but now with the shoe on the other foot the people and the country have now IMPLODED. If the US Army took control of the USA because President Obama gave the order, who is to say "NO" from the outside? Not everyone lives by the same rules and who is to enforce those rules for "The World". Governments from other countries cannot impose their beliefs to calm the public opinion. I hate to say it but it will have to be played out to the point that a Lybian majority is formed.

February 25, 2011 at 1:35 am |
  10. Mona

I as a Libyan hope that the world won't believe his lies and understand that the motivation behind this blessed revaluation is our pain and sufferance for 42 years !!!

February 25, 2011 at 1:23 am |
  11. Greg*

Anderson, I served in Afghanistan in 2005-2006, as a Civil Affairs specialist in the Helmand Province. I am also trained in Psyop. I saw first hand how our psyop teams used their training to influence not only top senators, but even used it against our generals to get equipment and personel for certain areas of operation. The reason the helmand province is so bad is because we used to dump millions of dollars in there, and when the British took over command of that area, they stopped. We bought their loyalty there, the problems were always there, they were just supressed so that money would continue to flow into certain pockets. It angers me to see such a mis-use of American funds. My team alone spent over 4 million dollars in the Helmand province, and there were only a handful of attacks or incidents, since then all hell broke out.

February 25, 2011 at 12:09 am |
  12. Daniel Castro

Why would you put a Phy-ops guy on T.V? They now got me pissed at The Government, But understand there though maneuverable possession. People Piss of what people believe and what the real world is. I would love to help the people out in Libya, but this Country the U.S.A. can't seem to make up it's mind from left to right, up or down, and maybe even side to side. So what chance would that make some American Citizen can't some how join the para-military and and get paid to help people in poor countries and fight off their ruthless dictator? Now, Anderson Cooper, Keep him Honest.

February 25, 2011 at 12:05 am |
  13. Johnny P. Ripison

Anyone remember how the media reacted to what George Romney said in New Hampshire about brainwashing?

February 25, 2011 at 12:00 am |