February 24th, 2011
  1. Bryan

Now that the Justice Minister says he has proof that Gaddafi personally ordered the bombing of Panam flight 103, shouldn't we be sending troops to Libya to capture him and bring him to Justice? This will be so much better than sanctions against libya, for which he really does not care about, why are we wasting time? It wont be long before he kills the entire 5 million population. After all we did get Noreiaga, didn't we! People are being killed by the minute and if we do not act fast the population of libya could well be reduced by more than half, surely we have jurisdiction to bring a killer of American people to justice.

February 25, 2011 at 4:38 pm |
  2. sam p. from utah

we need our government to step in and stop thekilling all muslims brothers and sisters. I liked President Reagan style that bomb the madman before, thanks

February 25, 2011 at 2:57 pm |
  3. Wayne

Find it strange that Libya allows RAF aircraft and Royal Navy frigates into Libya ports at this time.

February 25, 2011 at 6:20 am |
  4. Nadia

We Libyans are happy that democracy is shaping itself in Libya. We aimed for peaceful resolution in the first place, but we realize now that this resolution will be hard for sometime. However, we are ready to keep on since we passed the point of no turn- back.

February 25, 2011 at 4:39 am |
  5. tareq

this guy should shut up..
    he is a real murders and now want to get sympathy from the united states..
    i wish USA stands beside the innocent people and help them out to get rid of those leaders because they have created enough ignorance in their people and that is the real threat..
    ignorance is the enemy..
    look to the civilized egyptian revolution .. it was lead by well educated young people and those wont be terrorists because they realize the value of life..
    work with them,, those are the real friend for the west, not such ignorant leaders,,

February 25, 2011 at 2:23 am |
  6. Dolores

I know I'm late; I am watching Anderson the second time his two hour show plays...but I want Anderson to know that we IMPLORE him not to listen to naysayers who write him and tell him to "move on" or that there is plenty of US news to cover. No, they are so wrong! Anderson is right! Listening to the brave Libyan woman who talks to him each day - she is THE most important story in the world right now. Or at least she represents the most important story in the world. I am part of a special group who are all fighting to support freedom for Iran's people, so I'd like Anderson to not only cover Libya (especially the woman he's been talking to)...I would even like to see *more* coverage of Iran and atrocities that regine is undertaking. So please, keep with Libya!! Keep talking to this woman! Keep covering freedom fights, bring more of Reza Sayah's work on Iran as well; Reza does fine work as well Thanks, Dolores

February 25, 2011 at 1:30 am |
  7. Dennis P. McCabe

Enough!
    Gadhafi is acting like a modern day hitler.We the people of this world must make a stand and stop the killings of people who simply want to live free and in peace just like us.Why must we sit on the sidelines and watch ?
    I'm not biased here.I'm of Irish, German, English, American Indian ancestrial back ground (basiclly an American).
    I understand it's a problem within a souvern nation but if almost all of the the people of that nation are the ones who want their own freedom and the ruler is going to solve his problem by killing them all then what makes him any differant that hitler.
    That said (WHY DID WE CREAT THE UNITED NATIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE ? )Wasn't it to prevent stuff like this from happing again ?
    I say (as a member of this planet) we the people of this world (UNITED NATIONS ?) Should start with a no fly zone then work our way to helping the people of the already freed zones gain the strength to do what they must to fix their nation.Kinda like Bosnia.We can't sit by and watch them die.
    The United Nations should know the differance between right and wrong (RIGHT ?)

Come on world "lets do the right thing"

P.S. Can you pass this on to the President for me. I seemed to have misplaced his e-mail address.

February 25, 2011 at 12:39 am |
  8. Qudus

The issue in Libya and the recent happenings in Egypt calls for concerns and as much as it does,my problems is where are the people(media)or even the egyptians or the libyans when Ghadaffi and Mubaraks were perptrating themself in power for that long.

February 24, 2011 at 11:51 pm |
  9. Ann

Anderson Cooper:

You have always been a sensitive and intelligent reporter and journalist. But I have never been as touched by you and your reporting as I was tonight. Watching the way you responded to the beautiful woman in Tripoli, listening to each word you used with her, how you let her speak, hearing you NOT ask her stupid inflammatory questions, ... your sensitivity was overwhelming. In the Western world you are by far doing the most amazing and thought-provoking coverage. Thank you for giving Libya a face, and more importantly, a voice. You are showing us as a journalist and as a HUMAN that you understand how important it is for every individual to have a voice...and after 42 years under that murderer's grip, you have given immeasurable gifts to the Libyan people. When – not if, when – Libya is free, I hope you will stay on the blooming of its Spring.

You have mentioned more than once that viewers have contacted you in the past few days, asking why you are spending so much time on this thing, so far away. It saddens me that viewers cannot see a massacre unfolding before their very eyes, and that they want to look away, at issues that are easier to handle and more likely easy to solve. I'm not Libyan, and I don't know any Libyans. I've never been to Libya. I'm just a human who believes that if we do not look at grave problems, we can never make extraordinary change. Thank you again for letting that woman speak. Please follow up with her. She is one of many who would speak out now if given an opportunity...we can never imagine how freedom to speak must taste...but we can learn by hearing those who have finally gotten to use their voice.

Thank you, thank you.

February 24, 2011 at 11:49 pm |
  10. john hoeflich

Interesting to watch turmoil in ME. Don'tbe surprised if citizens of Mexico and central America don't "get it" and mimic what's going on.

February 24, 2011 at 11:39 pm |
  11. Michelle Rice

Why are these Americans and Canadians there? If women where able to protest by their own husbands and fathers they would stand a chance I say they are still repressing their their women why stand up for them, oh yes oil, well lets invest in our own resources and our great white north us Natives, so sad we are fighting a beast for what? For what are we fighthing for people or oil shame I would have loved to take a vacation and get free airfare home let me sign up for this easy ride

February 24, 2011 at 11:38 pm |
  12. Amanda

Just wondering...

How do the callers in Libya know to call CNN if they obviously don't get the station there? Secondly, is it not costing the Libyan callers a lot in long distance charges?

I can't help but think of these questions when watching the news coverage.

February 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm |