February 9th, 2011
  1. Robynne McWayne, MD

Egypt-Egypt-Egypt-Egypt-2.0!
    Go people! Go Ghonim! Go Egypt!
    You wonderful people make me proud to be HUMAN!

February 10, 2011 at 1:19 pm |
  2. Saqib Omer Saeed

Indeed an emotional announcement by this Egyptian fellow. It shall indeed not end with the end of Husin e Mubarak.I think next 3 years shall be important for Egypt. May be they shall have to fight to get rid of Army rule. I don't think that international interest in Egypt shall allow democracy in Egypt on fast track. Nothing is going to happen in days. Step by Step victories can create a mega one for Egyptian nation. Getting rid of Husin e Mubarak is just 10% of what they are demanding about. I wish then best of determination and a lot of character when they shall see worst out of their perception of timely complete victories turning nothing. It shall go long….

Saqib Omer Saeed
    Pakistan

February 10, 2011 at 1:11 pm |
  3. Adam Cowan

Anderson,

I appreciate your commitment for to bring out the truth in the Egyptian politics. But it surprised me when the media including you have a double standard. In the 2005 Ethiopina election there were more uprisings, torture and killings. But I don't remember a dedicated coverage like Egypt. Ethiopian people are still suffering; any thing you can say?

February 10, 2011 at 12:57 pm |
  4. Jessica from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

I really believe that Wael Ghonim is the voice of the first Global Generation; although we have different nationalities and different backgrounds, I know we are going in the same direction: towards that one basic, unifying truth above all else: that open and free access to information is a right and that all of us in the world must live in societies with institutions that can guarantee this right.

February 10, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
  5. Sarah

I am a 61 year old American woman, who is so grateful to live to see the day that the people of Egypt show the world that through peaceful protest,we can change the world we live in without violence. They are all heroes! They have demonstrated a phrase we heard in America that we may have begun to doubt but Egyptians have proven beyond a doubt, "Yes we can!!!"

February 10, 2011 at 11:10 am |
  6. Omar

Hi Anderson. I'm egyptian american. I can see that you see the true face of the egyptian authority! I left egypt 18 years ago because of egyptian police. Those people are not human as they look. I've been picked up from the street in cairo and held for 5 days by egyptian secret police. I saw thier true faces for 120 hours of torture, from humiliation, electric shock to things are very hard to talk about it again, even though it is engraved inside of me. I just want to thank you Andrson for been honest and all what you're doing to help and reveal what those people in eygpt going through. you are the ultimate example of how the news should be. God Bless you. Omar

February 10, 2011 at 1:24 am |
  7. Tamzon Green

I am an american who wants to congratulate and support the Egyptians who are seeking their new democracy. The US Gov't is not what I represent, but I think that the American public should develope a forum to voice their support. I have not been able to find that voice through the internet, yet. Can this collaboration of voices be made know to the demonstators, without confusing that interpretation?

February 10, 2011 at 12:15 am |
  8. Laura Soltani

I agree with Ms Ayan on your program tonight. For those Arab countries seeking 21st democratic regimes, it's time to start SEPARATING Islamic beliefs from Government.
    This is long overdue. We have no room to allow Islam to run the government. One has nothing to do with the other.

The Genie is now out of the bottle – The Tunisian first then the Egyptian people rose as a consequence of 23 years in Tunisia and 30 years of dictatorships in Egypt. Their suffering had reached a boiling point.

The internet was a wheel that made communications and organization of their movement possible and instantaneous.
    It's not the Internet that did it.

It's the people. Young masses of Internet savy Tunisians and Egyptians action climaxed when Bouazizi of Tunisia set himself on fire.

The tip of the Iceberg.
    There is no going back now.

No matter how hard totalitarian governments try stifle dissent and opposition via the Internet, there is no government powerful enough to Bottle up the Internet or to fully control it. There is no government that can silence the Voice of the Millions or the March of Millions towards a common goal. Light at the end of the Tunnel. Always.

A new Era. It's A New Revolution. Egyptian Mr. Ghonim of Google tonight called it: Internet Revolution.

I call it the HumanNet Revolution.
    \
    This is just the beginning, NOT the END.

Welcome to the New age of the HumanNet Revolution.

February 9, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
  9. Freddyw

How can we possibly not support the call for freedom, willing to sacrifice for others much like our soldiers in the military have. Again I have a renewed sense of faith that good prevails over evil.

February 9, 2011 at 11:46 pm |
  10. Leslie Schentag

I think the people of Egypt should think about forming the Peoples Coalition for Self-Government. Giving each Egyptian the right & responsibility to maintain their own government, this being able to determine their own destiny.
    The role of the government is to guarantee that the rights of the Egyptian people are respected. Government employees should be hired based on experience & competency. It comes down to using a Direct Democracy & bypassing people with personal agendas.

"When Freedom Is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Be Free"

February 9, 2011 at 11:39 pm |
  11. Sandra

I've been praying for Egypt every since they started this REVOLUTION may god blessing these people and keep them strong. I'm even proud of them for standing up for what is right. I wish I could do something to help. I did send a text out to everyone I know telling them to pray for Egypt. When I listened to Wael Ghonim he touched my heart and I felt his pain and may God bless him and his family. Thank you too Anderson I was praying for you while you were there I'm happy you are home.

February 9, 2011 at 11:36 pm |
  12. Roberta

It is so wonderful to see the people of Egypt standing up and saying "Enough!" And thank-you, Mr. Ghonim, for helping to provide leadership and encouraging openness. As a Western woman, I of course worry about my sisters in the Arab world. I pray that their lives, and those of their families, may become more free and open. For me, external limitations on the lives of women (or men, for that matter) are completely unacceptable. I am worried about the Muslim Brotherhood, and about Israel. But I hope and pray that bringing the former in, and destroying the latter, is not what this is about. Ghonim is right – that access to the open web has the potential for making fundamental changes to society, and can generate an expectation and demand within a repressed population to join the open world. Bravo, Egyptians! Here is one Western woman praying for you in your efforts to gain your freedom!

February 9, 2011 at 11:34 pm |
  13. Laura Soltani

I am home watching you, listening to Anderson Cooper and Fouad Ajami.
    I am very thankful to Mr. Cooper! we have a friend in the US Media. We have a spokesman to the Arab and the Egyptian plight for democracy...I so very much thank you Mr. Cooper. You are a true journalist and you take your mission to heart and your words to the truth. We LOVE YOU. Thank you.
    To Mr. Ghonim, I am at the exact same place you are. In my country Tunisia today and after the revolution against the ousted Ben Ali, the newly self-appointed government...remnants of the old dictatorial regime trying to cling to power now, also have turned to kill, kidnap, torture protesters...same scenario. Same practices of camouflage, lies, oppression and deceit. Unfortunately Tunisia lately is not getting the attention it deserves... I have faith that victory is in the horizon. Any change at this point is better than NO change at all.

February 9, 2011 at 11:34 pm |
  14. shirley

What can I do to help the Democratic cause in Egypt as a citizen in USA? Retired Teacher

February 9, 2011 at 11:30 pm |
  15. Laura Soltani

Tunisian-American. I am proud to be Tunisian. Proud of you and everything you stand for.
    Let no truth be buried. The truth will always prevail. Time is on our side and history repeats itself. To every dictator there's an end. Look at the Shah of Iran, look at Hitler and Mussolini.
    There will be no going back and the days of Mubarak have now gone into the Yesterdays... yesterdays...

February 9, 2011 at 11:28 pm |
  16. Laura Soltani

The only thing to fear is Fear itself! GO Egypt. I am a Tunisian-American. I live in San Diego. Your words tonight on CNN 360 were so touching, made me cry with you.
    You are my twin bother. We bot of Arab ancestry, Tunisia and Egypt. We both work for huge companies in the US. We both are ambassadors for our countries with a mission to speak, to inform, to explain and enlighten. The Arabs have been through too many dark ages, too many storms of bad governments and bad abuses...we now need to change the International opinion. I am Tunisia's self-appointed ambassador. With passion for democracy, a dream that WILL COME sooner or later. IT IS ON THE WAY. Yes Democracy is the ultimate reward.

February 9, 2011 at 11:24 pm |
  17. Katherine

"Fear has been defeated, there is NO turning back"
    AMEN! Best wishes to the Egyptian people.

February 9, 2011 at 11:23 pm |