February 4th, 2011
  1. meredith spencer

In the song,"The Boxer" there is a line,"each man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest". Pretty boys and girls who wouldn't know a journalistic principle if it bit them in their butts are over there trying to get a black eye so they can twitter it (all want to be like Ron Pearl without having to die).Never have I seen it more clearly than in the manner in which the tv talkers are reporting the Egyptian crisis. What they "want" to see is professional opportunity while what they are "disregarding" is a muslim worldwide takeover.

February 5, 2011 at 11:40 am |
  2. julie watson

A:

you have alot of chuzpah! Q: i have seen a most of what you and your collegues have presented to the world of which disturbs me because it touches the essence of being psych and soul. These are human beings who want to be free and wiiling to sacrfice their lives to be free. revolution or uprising as you and others have called it. it demeans what my fellow brother & sisters who seeks the same freedom not a an american or british but as an arab & egyptians. if my memory serves me correctly,this is the same word that was used during the civil rights era when your fellow americans african americans . why not refer to it a cry for freedom. also i find it interesting that a lot the journalists who american journalsits are not well-versed in the arab culture make such disrespectful statement and is very insulting to other arabs and the african nation i guess they speak of what they don't know. you are doing a great job but remember were you are the media is not well liked and remember the military may seem to be on the side of the people for now & hopefully in the future they will truly support the people as they also are arab & wants the same freedom too. Keep safe & i am praying for all of your and my fellow brothers & sisters in egypt

February 5, 2011 at 12:06 am |
  3. Mrs. Sabra Mackenzie

Mr Cooper and Crew, I am a 52 yr old woman, I've seen a lot of great news in my life while history was made in the 60s. I have to tell you that there is no other news reporter /anchor since Edward r Murrow who stayed in the trenches with such non biased compassion for truth. I applaud you.

I was brought up by a society woman, around the privileged in society and left it like a embarrassing shameful secret I admire you for not sitting on your Vanderbilts and doing something so utterly human.

I hope you are protected and your surface wounds heal, bringing you back to the USA safe and sound. To fight for truth again.

Thank you for bringing the truth to light, and. With such compassion. You are the best of the privileged society I scorn for their rudeness..you sir are a gentleman. Sincerely, sabra jardine-Mackenzie

February 4, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
  4. Zu

Hai Anderson,

Let me start of by saying that I think it is incredibly brave what you and the other reporters are doing in Cairo. Risking your lives to bring us the news.
    The Pro-Mubarak protesters were very aggressive yesterday and the day before that, but watching the live feeds, things seemed to have calmed down today. I understand that given what happened those days, you wouldn't want to take the chance and get hurt again. Is there another way (a save way) to find out what the point of view is of the pro-Mubarak protesters? Cause all I see when watching the news is extensive reports on whats going on with the anti-Mubarak protesters. Since the pro-Mubarak protesters SEEM to be less violent today, couldn't their voices be heard also. After all it 360 right.

February 4, 2011 at 2:58 pm |
  5. LARRY SAVOIE

Jane from Canada... My prayers and best wishes are being sent to you and your crew. May God protect you all for your courageous work. Risking all to show the world whats going on in these days of darkness. God bless!!!

February 4, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
  6. ahmed yaknour

i'm american egyptin, and i like to tell you , thank you very much for all what you did for the egyptian people, all my family and frinds in egypt they appriciate what you did, and they are following you every time.

again, you are very good man, god bless you.

February 4, 2011 at 12:44 pm |