February 3rd, 2011
  1. Wanda Wells

Anderson,

You are a brave, brave man and a superb reporter and human being. You go where the real stories are to keep us informed, and connected as citizens of the world. I am so happy to see that you are well.

God bless you and stay safe; we will be watching.

February 3, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
  2. Emma Frisbie

Dear Anderson,
    My mom and i hope and pray for you and your team's safe return home.
    The story is not worth your life.
    We wish you a fast and safe return home.
    God Bless

-Keri and Emma 🙂

February 3, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  3. Lori

I really hope that these people get what they want.

February 3, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  4. Omar

Anderson and Hala,

Mubarak will immediately resign if the workers at the Suez Canal go on strike and stop the passage of oil tankers and the flow of gas through the pipeline in Egypt.

In this case, the international community will SERIOUSLY take action force him to leave.

February 3, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  5. Antonio-Ontario, CA

Just wanted to thank you and all the reporters in Egypt providing these reports for the rest of world. Your bravery has given us an opportunity to be in solidarity with the Egyptian people in this turbulent time.

February 3, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
  6. Ahmed

Mubarak is killing his youth in the heart of the largest square in the capital, what more should he do for the world and America to act, Help

February 3, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
  7. Joy Burke

Thanks for all you do for the millions you help and Love. God Bless and keep you and your crew safe until you return home, we pray for you all. We in the U.S. admire your courage and stength. You are special.

February 3, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
  8. Ahmed

For the pride of Egypt and the young egyptians risking there lives for democracy, god bless.

February 3, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  9. Ela

Mr. Cooper,
    I'm praying for you, you are my favorite journalist. Please be safe.
    God bless you and protects you as well as your crew.

February 3, 2011 at 9:54 pm |
  10. Jorge Alfredo

Thanks God You´re o.k!
    We must pray for everyone there.

February 3, 2011 at 9:38 pm |
  11. Omar

Anderson,

I am sorry for what happened to you in the past couple of days. the humiliation you have faced has been happening to Egyptians in the past 30 years. I hope this will increase your resolve in reporting the truth of what is happening there.

Take care of yourself.

All the best.

February 3, 2011 at 9:14 pm |
  12. Jacqueline

Anderson I heard about your second attack and I have to say that I am terrified for you. I know that you will do everything in your power to keep your crew as well as your self safe. Please Please Please stay safe and know that everyone stateside is praying for you and your crew's safe return. Take care! 🙂

February 3, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
  13. Cate

Anderson – your life is worth more than this.
    You are very brave. Stay safe.

February 3, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
  14. Donna Stavala

Anderson I am praying for your safe return. I watched you last night through tears. I agree with the above comment. We don't need any more heartache. Seeing you being hit last night upset me to tears. Andy go home.

February 3, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
  15. Christina, Windber, PA

Hey Anderson,
    It's times like these that I feel very conflicted about your career. On the one hand what you do is very honorable and it's admirable that you find it important to tell the story of others you are struggling. On the other hand, it's very disturbing to realize how dangerous it can be. We worry for your safety, especially now that you are so well known. Be careful and come home safe! (and soon). God Bless!

February 3, 2011 at 7:48 pm |
  16. Chahir

Dear Mr. Anderson
    I am so sorry about you and your crew. I am so glad you guys came out of this safe. As an Egyptian I ask you to be careful because some of the people you will encounter are ignorant thugs. I am really sorry sir and I want yo to know that most of Egyptians love you much man. These thugs are uneducated and they don't know you; all they think he is a foreigner with a camera then he must be the enemy. I hope Leah and the rest of the crew are fine. God Bless you and please don't go alone on the streets. I am glad some of the people tried to help you this time but you never know who is gonna be around next time. Sorry my country became this way, you must know a lot of us are ashamed.

February 3, 2011 at 7:34 pm |
  17. Bernadette

I am in Canada and I watch AC religiously. Stay safe Anderson. You are unique and cannot be replaced.

February 3, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
  18. lily

Hi Anderson,
    Glad you are okay. Keep doing the great job that you always do. Just be careful and take care. None of us want anything to happen to you. God bless you. Be safe.

February 3, 2011 at 7:05 pm |
  19. Jan Gentile

From Italy, I'm happy your well, you've been very courageous, anyway from now on, better you work more safely, if something could happen to an american and international anchor man as you are, this will create an extra problem, for Egypt isn't? Anyway be safe and take care God bless you!

February 3, 2011 at 6:41 pm |
  20. Jonathan

Adnerson, you've been always risking your life when it comes to reporting conflicts and disasters around the world. I appreciate your professionalism. However, please work safe. I hope you be safe. Your life is important to us as much as it is to you.

February 3, 2011 at 6:34 pm |
  21. Doryce

how is leo??? Is he the cameraman??

February 3, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
  22. Breanna Davies

Its really quite interesting that there were Egyptian men (who I'm sure you did not know) trying to protect you, while at the same time, there were the men trying to attack you. Its sad that the people who are trying to keep the protests peaceful and legitimate are being beset by these new, more violent protesters...and that the military is not doing much to prevent it.
    I think that being a journalist would be an amazing profession to have because of all the startling things you would get to report on and experience. I'm sure that while you realize that Egypt is a dangerous place to be right now, you would not want to be anywhere else. I have to admit...I am a bit jealous.

February 3, 2011 at 6:14 pm |
  23. Cynthia

Anderson, again you were attacked, don't have me get all my ex-military buddies to come over and get you out of there! Enough ok, get out now, remember what happened to Micheal Ware in Baghdad?! Get out Anderson, Please, I can't take it anymore!! Get to Safety and stay there!!!

February 3, 2011 at 6:12 pm |
  24. Troy

Cheers to you, for managing to keep your cool in such a hectic situation. I think after the second, maybe third punch, I would have lost my temper and started swinging back... Which would NOT have helped the situation. Please keep bringing us the story, and we won't hold it against you if it's from farther away next time!

February 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm |
  25. Anna

No words about this happing!!!!!!!!!! This people instead of let it you guys do your job, because they are doing history on Egipty from removing their old Mubarakism regimen down, getting so stupid and violent or criminals to treated you as they just did, is unforgetable! Anderson & team please be safe and thank you for keep us udpated on Lastest News! My prays for your safe!

February 3, 2011 at 6:06 pm |
  26. Karenmarie

Mr.Cooper,

I'm glad your ok. That feed was terrible to watch. Your my favorite journalist and don't want to ever, ever watch something of that sort to happen to you or any other journalist for that matter. That was lynch mob with no regard to life. And their protesting to impeach their leader for their democracy and change? I think they have their motives misconstrued when yourself, your team and many other journalists were and are under attack. And to think when all along the protestors are the ones that want better lives for themselves by fighting for what they believe in. Could it be that those protestors were from the hired league of Mubaraks? Please stay safe Mr.Cooper and I hope you never have to encounter such violence again, ever.

February 3, 2011 at 6:03 pm |
  27. Shirley

Anderson, I hope you and your crew are safe! Just heard Wolf Blitzer report you were attacked again today. I noticed we haven't heard you today and I have been very concerned. You and your crew are in my thoughts and prayers

February 3, 2011 at 6:02 pm |
  28. CJ Feeser

I know your hair is your trademark sort of, but I think you should be wearing a hat or some sort of cover. If you don't want to attract attention, it might be a good idea. Best Wishes and good luck over there.

February 3, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  29. Phoebe Garrison

Hi Anderson, You need to leave Egypt,Cairo NOW you have done your job come home, we need you here to tell other stories, be safe. CNN get them out now ,GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU,LL SAFE UNTIL YOU ARE BACK in AMERICA.

February 3, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  30. chad

I wonder if that was scaryier for him than when he dove with great whites without a cage ?

February 3, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
  31. Magid Ibrahim

Great Job Anderson, I applaud you and all the brave CNN reporters. You guys are quite special.

I am an Egyptian and so scared of whats to come now that the camera are gone. Please please find a way to get the video to not let this regimes crimes against humanity go unnoticed.

February 3, 2011 at 5:27 pm |
  32. Abdel-Moneim Attia

Anderson you are a great man loved by all honest Egyptians for your honesty and that is why you were attacked by this brutal regime gangs. Please continue supporting the Egyptians for freedom and their uprise against this crazy tyrant who is destroying the whole country and setting up a civil war and chaos to stay in power.

February 3, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
  33. JC-Los Angeles

Anderson, thanks for the first person account of the chaos, just ensure your safety; great stuff.

February 3, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
  34. Caroline

I know you love your job, and your loyal fans love you too, but you are like a brother to. I watch you everyday and when I watched the footage of you being attacked, I have to admit, I started crying.
    PLease, get out of there. We love the news, but not at the risk of your life and your fellow team members.

I dont need any more heartbreak right now.
    Please, come home.
    WE all love you, we are praying for you and may God himself hand deliver you home.

ps. if you are giving me, an ordinary woman sitting on the couch a heart attack, what must your mother be thinking.... you are grounded young man,

February 3, 2011 at 5:20 pm |
  35. sinead

all the western journalist need to leave NOW!
    just like fire fighters when the job gets too dangerous you have to pull out. i hope anderson leaves and everyone else

February 3, 2011 at 5:18 pm |
  36. Marie Roach

AC, you have always been my favorite and I wasn't surprised to see you were right on location. Praise God for those Egyptians who helped protect you. Thank you for your bravery and willingness to report what is happening in Cairo to the world.

February 3, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  37. CSLewis

To what extreme is your life worth facing dangers while walking the streets of an explosive environment, where men carry knives and using violence is the only way to survive. Being afraid of whether or not yourself and others like Ms Fox will make it through, come on man, stay out of the crowds and report from the hotel if you have to see the story through.
    AC you are too much of a great journalist to be a casualty of this conflict.
    Stay on neutral ground!

February 3, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  38. Jill

Anderson,

Though I highly admire your excellent reporting, not to mention your extra quart of "spunk", I have to encourage you to put your saftety first. You've done your job buddy, above and beyond the call. Come on home with your head held high that you did a good job.

We don't want to see any of you suffer harm. We can't lose our best reporters.

February 3, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
  39. Craig

See, If we just ask them to sit down and talk about it, I'm sure they will respond to rational thought. We just need to understand them.

February 3, 2011 at 4:38 pm |
  40. Denis

Anderson, Thank you and your crew for the great work. Having said that; please know when to say when. This is not worth becoming a martyr. At this point, what will happen there, will happen; whether you're there to report on it or not. Bring yourself home safely. We need you in the good ol' USA!

February 3, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
  41. Hailey

I am amazed that you are on the ground there right now considering the situation... especially after seeing clips like this & a similar incident with chrisine amanpour.
    you are doing something amazing for egypt & the world.

February 3, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
  42. Ayah ahmed hassan

hi
    this first time writing comments here and i don't know you exactly but after i watch the video about attacking you and your crew i get mad because i am egyption and i don't like treat guests like
    in the video i hear alot of people say no,no and i think egyptions youth who help you in this
    i hope you are fine and you should study some arabic words that can help
    el salam 3alekom

February 3, 2011 at 3:54 pm |
  43. Brian Constable

I'm a Canadian from Innisfil, Ontario Canada and I watch CNN and AC360 all the time. I have a lot of respect for Anderson Cooper and I just wanted to say to you and all repoters, PLEASE BE SAFE!! Get home safely. Its a crazy world we live in. I know the Americans are praying for your safety but the Canadians are to.

February 3, 2011 at 3:20 pm |
  44. Dan Thalmann

Stay safe Anderson. You bring honor to the media. Thank you.

February 3, 2011 at 2:50 pm |
  45. Beltly Correia

Anderson, your life is above all that crasyness. Work safely! You must get out of this damn place!! GOD BLESS YOU! BELL.

February 3, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
  46. Janet Goodman

You and the other journalists in Cairo now are a courageous lot. Your calm under pressure continues to impress us here in the States and we so appreciate you documenting the truth for the world to see. We'll keep praying for your safety, sir.

February 3, 2011 at 2:07 pm |
  47. Daniel Dixon

My twin (almost), I am glad you are OK.
    This is definitively terrifying to watch, nevermind be there.

I hope that crisis is over soon.

February 3, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
  48. Pablo

AC – can you please have someone @ CNN run a story on Vodafone being forced to send pro-Mubarak text messages. Just heard this story on NPR–its an impt story to share.

thanks and stay safe.

pablo

February 3, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
  49. Marie

Are you ok, Anderson. I was so worried about you I couldn't sleep. God protects you.

February 3, 2011 at 1:32 pm |