February 2nd, 2011
  1. lisa

Anderson (and 360 management and staff) –
    I am mindful of your commitment when I ask you to now leave your post for your own safety.
    I am a fellow new yorker, daughter of the american republic, vanderbilt elementary school alumni.
    Your value to our society and the greater world remains with your safety. Please be mindful of all that you carry for us and the world and find your way home. – much love and peace.
    By the way - the video of the very brave egyptian resident that stepped between two fighting groups yesterday with his hands held high with a peace sign, spoke so eloquently of the heart of this very precious society – I pray for their safety.
    ~Lisa

February 2, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  2. Charlotte

Anderson you are doing a great job!! Keep the camera rolling. Be safe and God Bless...

February 2, 2011 at 9:58 pm |
  3. Sheila Standifer

Please come home. We now know what is going on there and it seems that those people do not care about what you are trying to do and that is relay their message. They are out of control and it will only get worse. Your safety is more important and CNN should bring you and your staff home immediately.

February 2, 2011 at 9:20 pm |
  4. Rihan Davis

Cooper, we can't thank you enough for your bravery in relying the events in Egypt. May all your hard work result in freedom to those people.Be careful.

February 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm |
  5. Rose (Canada)

Very disturbing footage. We're glad Anderson and his crew are okay however we fear how things have changed in Egypt. Our prayers are for all the media to stay safe.

February 2, 2011 at 9:04 pm |
  6. Anonymous

Anderson Cooper and AC360 Crew,
    Again, thank you for bringing live coverage through this terrible crisis. Mubarak must step down from office, before a much more major catastrophe will occur. Although Mubarak has given a speech and agreed to not run in the next election, the White House and Congress must provide protection for the citizens of Cairo. United Nations and other peace organizations must overthrow the dictator for the people to live in a positive environment, and perfect security. It is important that a person must live in a pro-democracy.

February 2, 2011 at 9:03 pm |
  7. stella

OMG, how horrible, stay safe Anderson and Crew. If you choose to stay, get more security. I wouldn't blame you for leaving, I probably would leave after that, but at the same time, that is exactly what they want you to do. they want you to leave and not report the truth

February 2, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
  8. B

In my opinion, I feel sorry for and proud of all Americans who stand up for morality, democracy, and peaceful demostrations and try to bring news for the American viewers to understand this volatile population and region. It is obviously too raw of a concept for this type of people to understand. The crowd's actions reflect a lack of education, civil decency, and common good for their people. The people of Egypt showed a disturbing side to their personalities. I would be very much against the funding of another billion dollars in aid next year. Let's take our aid and give to our own country men and women. I am sure we can do more good giving it to our own people in this time of anti-American sentiment. CNN should remind all viewers how much aid the US gives to Egypt and all other countries. We should have a series aired the world wide telling this world how much America does for everyone else. I am tired of watching violence towards Americans, and watching Americans apologize. Anderson, next time hit the dirt bags back!

February 2, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
  9. John

Anderson, hope you are doing well. I love your show, you are doing a great job. I know it doesn't feel right to be within this mess, but your hard work is really appreciated. Don't worry Anderson, many of those people will try their best to keep you safe. I lived there for a long time and know their personality, but keep yourself safe and if you feel that you are in any type of danger, just flee the scene immediately. God bless and may the Lord protect you and bring you back safe to us here in the US.

February 2, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
  10. Kerry

Proof that the rest of the world needs to give Egypt time and space to solve their own problems. Hopefully for the better. Get your butt to safety, Anderson! Get the story from a distance on this one.

February 2, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  11. Lori B

Hi Anderson,
    Pease stay safe. So sorry this happened to you and your crew. As always your reporting is excellent. Get some rest.

February 2, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  12. Jacqueline

When i saw this video I was so afraid for you and your crew. Thank you for being you and bringing everyone the story from the front lines. Please stay safe and Take care!

February 2, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  13. samerelhajj@gmail.com

Dear Anderson,

I am sorry that you had to go through this today but I hope this will not deter you from keeping yourself focused on reporting the reality and the truth from Egypt as your show and messages on CNN will for sure motivate many reporters to keep sending us the truth which will in return end that regime and democracy will be spread all over the middle east. Your show will put pressure on the world's leader to make that important phone call to Egypt and ask that dictator to pack and go home.

Stay safe and may GOD be with you and protect you.

You are the best!!!

February 2, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  14. Wilson

Thanks A.C. & crew for getting yall's @$$e$ Kicked to get the real deal on this story.As usual you cats are in the tough places to cover a story.Peace be with you & stay safe.Action Junkies are jealous!!! W.

February 2, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
  15. Ralph ND

i know i'm wasting my time by telling Anderson to get out of there, so i will just say stay safe and take care.

February 2, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
  16. lou

Hey Anderson
    It comes with the job
    Either take it or get out
    you think they gona greet you with a cocktails and ordeuvres?

February 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm |
  17. Ray Wulff

Not surprising. The level of emotion being expressed by a repressed people is a powder keg on both sides. Keep safe, and understand, you are not in Kansas (Du Pont) anymore.

Take a breath, and think about the phrase from the Indiana Jones movie. " Most of us pass through history. This. This IS history" We will learn from your reporting WITHOUT you getting killed.

February 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm |
  18. Samya

Anderson, that was very intense,However,I could hear some egyptian protester saying No, No don't do that. Anderson I could hear you saying calm down, and inshallah. Some other saying sorry, and one of them using profanity .
    All what I could say to you is all of us are witnessing history, and you are in the middle of it.
    God bless

I

February 2, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
  19. Peter Trevino, New York City

This is a very scary video. I paced myself in Anderson's place and I know I would had been really scarred in that situation.

I am so glad that there were some people willing to help Anderson and the crew members get out of there and I am so very, very happy that they escaped okay. I hope they don't have any repercussions from the blows they received during the assault.

I am thinking about you Anderson and crew, be well, strong and safe!

February 2, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
  20. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Good job Anderson and I know you want to help the Egyptian people but um, seems like it's time to go?

February 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm |
  21. Annie Kate

Hope everyone in the crew and Anderson are ok and that this isn't going to be something that is repeated over and over again. Why did the crowd attack – because you were American or press or both??

I certainly hope all of you are ok and safe. Anderson, your calmness during all this was impressive. You and your crew try to stay safe.

February 2, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
  22. Karen

Anderson, Thank God, you are ok. My heart fell to my knees, when I heard about you. I just could not stop crying, if any thing happens to you. Please Please come home. The people over there are not the kind of people that you can reason with. The good people are at their homes or away from the bad people that are out causeing the violance. Just please come home and be safe. sorry about the writing, i am just so worried about you.........

February 2, 2011 at 7:53 pm |
  23. Bonnie Corba

Dear Andy, (that is what I call him) I think you should come home from Egypt. I don't want one little white hair on your head to be touched.

You are so good at your job, we need more like you to keep them honest.

Please come home and be safe. I am 66 year old grandmother. It isn't that kind of crush. My husband has white hair and my son reminds me of you.

Please take care.
    Bonnie

February 2, 2011 at 7:50 pm |
  24. chirs

i live in mexico but i am from canada and i have been watching this protest in Egypt on cnn since it has started. what happened today is a shame but come on be honest everyone knew it was gunna happen sooner then later and with what happened with all the reporters and Anderson cooper himself is terrible and i wish them all the best over there because they are doing all a very good job at covering this protest. Another issue i have is that on cnn international they keep showing the clips of the anti protesters who caused all the violence. people are thinking that the government maybe is involved. I think that is true for 8 days is has been peaceful until today. Why today why did it all change and second the clip with all the horses that charged the mass of people today come on i believe they were police horses. I used to own horses myself and horses do not react that way running towards people the horses would have been scared and spooked. Those horses had been trained to do that so they wouldnt be spooked. all i can say is those horses were police horses and of course the police and the Egyptian government were involved in the events that happened today.

February 2, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
  25. cicly

hey anderson and everyone with you, we're thinking of you. we want you all safe, and back home soon! a story isn't worth your safety. come home.

February 2, 2011 at 7:41 pm |
  26. Pixi Anderson

I would just like to thank all of the Egyptian people who were trying to guide Anderson and his crew through this, we can see the efforts you all were making in trying to escort them to safety in this video.

Continue to Walk tall in your revolution. As an American I am so very proud for the Egyptian people right now.. I cant imagine how proud an Egyptian must be.

The de-humanization of a people comes through violence, unfortunately as a species our fists are taught to be the loudest voice, only through evolution of soul can we achieve peace.

The people of Egypt rose up against a violent and cruel Dictator using the spirit of voice and unity. Unfortunately some would rather combat the argument with an archaic ideal of "how to deal" with people rather than use ones actual "sense" to know the better.

When the call for 1 million Egyptians to march on the Presidential Palace quickly became two and then– the numbers could not be calculated- the only way it could be combated was his old way of hired repression– does that in itself not show the very opposite of willingness to "Change" "Evolve" "Progress" anything?

The hypocrisy of America needs to stop. $1.3 Billion dollars. That's all I am saying.

February 2, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  27. cherryrn

If chaos ensues in the Middle East , get the staff and yourself out of there. You have done enough .We get it Mubarak should go now . He's nothing but a thug.

February 2, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  28. Anastasia Kontos

Anderson, to you and your crew, thank you for covering this important transition in Egypt. Please be careful. You guys are the only ones "keeping them honest".

Where are the pro demonstrators getting their weapons? Why has Mubarak or ElBaradei not called for their respective sides to stop the violence?

February 2, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
  29. francine songleton

the rioters in ALL these middle eastern countries, always are against moderately democratic governments. why do we never or rarely see riots in totalitarian countries?syria, iran, the pit of pits, pakistan/ is it because the rioters are anti-western/democratic? a.c.,the real tea bagger, attacked, when he is representative of the Leftist(also anti west)movements. someone, in the thuggery dept needs to get it,s pr together. as long as any movement is anti-israel, anti-west, the american msm will be happy to provide good, positive coverage. mubarak may be corrupt, but he does not condone stoning and beheadings, something probably in eqypt's future now.

February 2, 2011 at 7:14 pm |
  30. Laura

Get Anderson Cooper and crew out of there already. He is an unarmed journalist and the situation is too volatile. I don't want to lose him!

February 2, 2011 at 7:12 pm |
  31. MLC

Anderson, if you are going to stay in Egypt, please wear a cap so you will not stand out in the crowd. No wonder you're getting beat up. And whatever, don't smile; they may take it the wrong way. They do not think like we in the USA.

February 2, 2011 at 7:11 pm |
  32. sandy

Anderson and crew please stay safe and we will keep you and all the reporters in our prayers.....

February 2, 2011 at 7:02 pm |
  33. robert ward

I don't always agree with your spin on some things but jeeze man, please keep your heads down

February 2, 2011 at 6:38 pm |
  34. Jana, Georgia

Anderson and crew. You are doing outstanding work over there. Was so sorry to see this happening to you and other journalist over there. You are all just trying to get their story out and this is the kind of thing that happens.

You can't tell me that Mubarak is not paying these people to do this. Seems funny that everything was being done for the most part as a non violent protest and then after Mubarak spoke all of this has happened.

Please Anderson stay safe as possible and also all of your crew and all the people over there.

February 2, 2011 at 6:37 pm |
  35. Trevin

Be careful!!! May God bless you and protect you!!!!

February 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
  36. Michael

JESUS! Glad you made it OK (?)! As much as that sucks, you have now an ACCREDITED education in police brutality, and the truth behind the curtain of "stability."

Thanks for keeping it real, rather then staying in a 4-star "reporting from" in-country.

Please from now on know what you are reading when you report with terms like "strongman," "maintaining peace," "Ally of the U.S." "STABILITY..."

Speak for us when you see us beaten.
    You're the BEST (on MSM)!!!

February 2, 2011 at 6:28 pm |
  37. Lin

To every brave journalist reporting the truth in Egypt, thank you.
    To everyone else – please call the White House and your members of Congress and demand that all foreign aid to this Egyptian thug and his paid-off co-horts end NOW!
    To the Egyptian pro democracy protesters, the world is protesting with you and admiring your steadfast courage and strength.

February 2, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  38. S Callahan

CNN get Anderson out of there now.
    Cooper you are in our prayers, trust God.

February 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm |
  39. Ahmed Hasan

Anderson, Please take care of yourself. You will always remain the voice of true Journalism.

February 2, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
  40. Tita Santini

Holy SHEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!! Scary, chaotic, and crazy.

February 2, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
  41. Evelyn Correa Delgado

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF HE AND HIS STAFF ARE OK AFTER THAT ATTACK.I MEAN EMOTIONALLY.JUST GET HIM AND HIS CREW OUT OF THERE NO NEWS IS WORTH HIS AND HIS STAFF LIFE.THAT WHY WE HAVE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF TAX PAYER MONEY ON SATELLITE.WATCH IT FROM THAT OK MR COOPER THINK ABOUT YOUR FAMILY`S WHO GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THEM AND YOUR STAFF FAMILY AT WELL. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR STAFF ALWAYS I WILL PRAY YOU AND YOUR STAFF AS WELL. MAY THE LORD KEEP THEM SAFE ALWAYS

February 2, 2011 at 6:08 pm |
  42. Shiva

Oh man so glad that you guys are ok.

February 2, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
  43. Scott

Please save Anderson! Get him out of Cairo! Reporting the violence is not worth his life!!!

February 2, 2011 at 5:59 pm |
  44. Kevin Stramer

Very upsetting. I'm so glad you and your crew are o.k. Please be careful.

February 2, 2011 at 5:53 pm |
  45. Angel Cooper

OMG!!!! I know it might sound wrong but I know anderson its loving this!!! All I pray is for the safety of all media and the Egyptian people

February 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  46. Sam T

Anderson & Crew...Thank you for bringing us the story & please keep doing what you're doing! Keeping the shot rolling while you are being attacked – that's commitment to the story AND presence of mind, and that's why you're the one journalist I watch! Stay safe over there xo

February 2, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  47. Marwan

why was all that ??
    as Egyptian I tell you I'm sorry for what happened with you

February 2, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  48. Anne

God I was terrified when you and your crew were attacked by Mubarak thugs. Please, please be careful. I also worry that you film in front of a window; you could be shot or hit by a Molotov cocktail.

A big hug to your producer who so kindly spoke to us about her experience. You are all brave people, too important to loose. So NEVER take chances.

I'm sure Mubarak's people are angry that CNN is showing the whole world what is going on inside Egypt. I wouldn't put it past him to try to have you killed.

A big hug........

Anne Campbell
    New York

February 2, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  49. Melissa

Anderson, Please stay safe ... you are a voice of calm and clarity!

February 2, 2011 at 5:38 pm |
  50. Victoria

Egyptians need to be freed of this dictator, President Mubarak. He doesn't need to stay in office any longer if people are getting hurt. This is not good enough.

February 2, 2011 at 5:29 pm |