January 24th, 2011

Rep. Bachmann Flunking History: Join the Live Chat

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann is preparing for a rebuttal to Pres. Obama's State of the Union speech tomorrow night. She'll speak on behalf of the Tea Party caucus. But it's another speech she gave on Friday that has a lot of people talking, where she flubbed the facts on U.S. History. We're Keeping Them Honest. Plus, see why the folks behind the hit TV show "Mad Men" are being added to our 'RidicuList'.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Nina

Good Night Anderson and bloggers..
    Another good program tonight

January 24, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Helen

Good Night Anderson and the AC360 Team. I hope that you and the AC 360 team watch the State of the Union address tomorrow. Everybody, we need to protest to AMC and LionGate to bring back Mad Men and for the show to continue the 5th season and future seasons to come.

January 24, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Mad Man Sleep Well!

January 24, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  4. lisal -canada

well happy monday – hope the mad men thing works out

January 24, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  5. Sharon Hastings

Ridiculous! The possibility of losing the 5th season of Mad Men! If they do resolve it, maybe Anderson will be invited for a cameo appearance. Anderson is Roger (without the cigarette). Or he could appear as Roger's brother.

Good night everyone. Another great show where the hour flies by. Sleep well and stay safe.

January 24, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  6. Paula, Colorado

Great program tonight. Stay warm!

January 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  7. Michael - Huntington Beach, CA.

Another outstanding AC360 tonight!! Thank you!!

January 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  8. Helen

Is Mad Man going off the air if it does not get its 5th season? Come on, you writers from AMC and LionGate settle your differences and get to work! Nobody wants to wait for 2012 and beyond to air Mad Man. Get on it now. The people want Mad Men.

Theme Song: Mad Men Mad Men Mad Men Mad Men Mad Mad Men

January 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  9. Emily

Good night Anderson, Isha, 360°Team, Jo Ann, Mike, Megan, Nancy, Nicole, Gloria, Casey, Starr, Nina & Bloggers
    @Jo Ann,
    Perhaps I'll rent the Mad Men series this week.

January 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  10. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I got my own Mad Man writing to do!

January 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Lori

Good night Anderson and Everyone! I want a pair of black-framed glasses.....

Sweet dreams!

January 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Jo Ann, Ohio

Good night Emily, Mike, Starr, Nicole, Nancy in Oregon, BettyAnn, and Megan.

January 24, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  13. Judy

I think that Cooper the hawk might come down if Anderson puts on the bunnysuit and hops arounf in the lobby like prey!

January 24, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  14. Heather - Spokane, WA

How on earth did the person who owns the car covered in ice finally get into it?

I love Mad Men. How can they cancel it now!? That show has won them so many awards and left a big cliffhanger at the end of the last season! Do not let go of Mad Men!

Have a good night everyone

January 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  15. Emily

@Lori,
    Maybe after being on the RidicuList tonight, it will all work out! 😉

January 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  16. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

That probably the reason why I never watched it. Hate it!

January 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  17. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Nice show tonight. Peace out everyone!

January 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  18. CHARLIE

@ Charlie
    I have never seen madmen either.
    I recieved a DVD box set recently as a present but got bored after the first 5 mins and turned it off.

January 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  19. Jo Ann, Ohio

@Emily, "I've never seen Mad Men, either..."

"Mad Men" is a good show. Worth catching up with.

January 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  20. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Megan, Isha, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Milan, Vivan, Gabriela, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, (Danie), Lori, (Adelaide), Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha,others and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    That's so silly I like ridiculist TV show "Mad Men" or LOL! So funny Anderson, Thanks Anderson!!!!

Anderson,
    Have a great/good night, Tight sleep & rest,
    See you tomorrow night! Just a plenty sleep at home!
    P.S. Congrats Jay Leno!!!!!

January 24, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
  21. Emily

I've never seen Mad Men, either...

January 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm |
  22. Bobbi

I want to thank you for making sure the errors in Representative Bachmann's speech were brought to the attention of the public. It seems that what I consider to be general knowledge is not generally known and that most of the American public needs a lot more guidance than a fifth grader. I also think that it is absolutely essential that historical accuracy is used when a person we are supposed to trust with running our country speaks. However, I was not surprised at her ignorance. I expect nothing better from the Tea Party.

Mr. Cooper, keep up the good work.

January 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  23. Emily

I find that Knox case really fascinating.

January 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  24. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Isha Sesay is fabulous! haha! I got her name right! She is awesome! I love her accent. Good job Isha!

January 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  25. Helen

When I found out about Keith Olbermann's exit from MSNBC, I was trying to find more information about his reasons for exiting. I heard later that it was because of the outcome of the suspension of his show that occured in November 2010. Now, Olbermann cannot join any other network, I heard that people wants him to join CNN. Now, I am not sure what is going to happen and how its going to work out. But, I hope that Keith Olbermann is doing okay. He somewhat gave me an inspiration in journalism. I think that Comcast and NBC Universal (MSNBC too) are behind this. They are just trying to protect their reputation and not telling the people, the viewers, and Keith Olbermann's fans the show. This is somewhat different to Conan O'Brien's exit in January 2010, but almost the same thing.

January 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  26. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien are my favorite host talk show..... never happen again feud over show!

January 24, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  27. Clayton

Michelle Bachmann is an embarassment to the nation as a whole and to the (other wise) great state of Minnesota in particular. Minnesota was the first state to promise a volunteer regiment to defend the Union at the out break of the Civil War that ended slavery. Sadly we may now be the first state to have a representative in congress who never heard there was a war.

January 24, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
  28. Jo Ann, Ohio

@Mike, formerly from Syracuse, "I'm really glad Olbermann is gone."

Just because he is "passionate" doesn't mean he isn't an embarrassment to the news business.

January 24, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
  29. Sharon Hastings

I think Comcast didn't want to be put in the position of having to be the ones to terminate him.

January 24, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
  30. Mell-Benjamin

Anderson,
    Eventhough I was a bit offended by Rep. Bachmann's lack of historical integrity, I couldn't help but giggle and laugh while she went on about "everyone being the same" when they arrived here or that our "forefathers wanted to end slavery from the beginning." OMG...if you want to delve into the world of politics you should at least be competent in knowing your own nation's history. I REALLY hope she's not playing dumb to gain some celeberty recognition. Then again, I wouldn't wanna be famous for being *ahem* intellectually challenged or ignorant....I'm sure she'll be welcomed with open arms with the Jersey Shore Cast of MTV! LOL!

January 24, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  31. Tony

Mine not related to above. But for an FYI, that video from canada about the semi crossing the median, in canada insurance companies allow cameras for insurance purposes. thanks

January 24, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  32. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

They already fired the man; let the man do whatever he wants to do.

January 24, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
  33. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

@JoAnn~ you are so right!

January 24, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
  34. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Mad Men is my favorite!!!!! Not Ridlist, Anderson!!!!

January 24, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
  35. Jo Ann, Ohio

Olbermann is a sad caricature of a journalist. I doubt his hero, Edward R. Murrow would have approved.

January 24, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  36. Gabe in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Hey Anderson...Apparently, according to Canadian network, that guy that had the dashboard camera and barely avoided a collision with an out-of-control semi had been in an accident before and decided to mount a camera to record potential future problems. Cheer.

January 24, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  37. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

I'm really glad Olbermann is gone.

January 24, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  38. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Olbermann will survive !

January 24, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  39. Kelly - PA

Don't chickenhawks like.. chickens?

January 24, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  40. Emily

@Hank,
    I don't even think that the Arizona shooter suspect's name needs to be mentioned. There is no need to be give the focus on him...there are the victims and drawing attention to mental illness, if that's part of this case...also the fact that he had 33-round magazine.

January 24, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  41. henry peck

I don't want to be politically incorrect but my gaydar says Mr. Shirwell doth protest TOO much.

January 24, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  42. Jo Ann, Ohio

@BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX, "Call me Texan but sometimes the death penalty is not so bad when you compare to the crime."

No death penalty is as bad as any crime committed that would warrant it. Unlike the criminal, the victim did nothing to deserve what was done to him/her.

That makes all the difference.

January 24, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  43. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I love "The shot" of Cooper's Hawk around the library in Captiol Hill.... Very funny shot, And Anderson and Isha are right!!!! LOL!!!!! 🙂

In Moscow..... My heart goes out to people in Moscow, Russia.... Very horrible situation.... I hope they will find comfortable & cope lost love ones. 🙁

January 24, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  44. Heather - Spokane, WA

NOOO!!! not my Mad Men! That is one of my favorite shows!

January 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
  45. Brad Ohio

Hope they don't poison the hawk like they poisoned the starlings in Yankton SD last week!

January 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
  46. Helen

Jared Lee Loughner is insane, delusional, and cuckoo. How could he be smiling and pleading "not guilty" for the Tuscon shooting that occured on January 8th? He knows what he was exactly doing when he wants planning and carried out this event. He needs to be locked up and put away. Barred him from society and make him pay for what he has done not only to the victims of the shooting, the state of Arizona, the people and community of Tuscon, AZ, but also to everyone in the United States. I hope that he does get the death penalty. He should be ashamed for what he has done not only to the people to America, but also to the nation.

January 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm |