January 20th, 2011

Update on Rep. Giffords' Recovery: Join the Live Chat

Tonight we have breaking news out of Tuscon, Arizona where we've learned new details on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords recovery. Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Elizabeth Cohen will have the details. Plus, inside a cold case in New Mexico. Four people killed 21-years-ago  at a bowling alley, some of them children. We'll talk with John Walsh, Host of "America's Most Wanted."

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. lisal -canada

anderson that was so funny – you didn't watch where you were walking and fell in – HOW TRUE IS THAT – try watching where you are frickin' walking

January 20, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  2. Sharon Hastings

If that was me that fell in a fountain while texting I would think it was hysterically funny and especially if it got on YouTube. What's wrong with this lady? It looks like she immediately got up and got out so how could security even act that quickly. She could have walked into a bus??? How could her lawyer make his statement with a straight face?

Ridiculous!

January 20, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  3. Nina

GO Anderson!!!! Thank You

I am also tired of people not taking responsibility and then whine!!! Good Grief... What is this world coming to!

January 20, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  4. Lori

Rediculist!.....so funny Anderson!

January 20, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  5. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

LOL Anderson.

January 20, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Megan, Isha, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Milan, Vivan, Gabriela, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, (Danie), Lori, (Adelaide), Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha,others and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    That's so silly I like ridiculist The fountain lady, LOL! So funny Anderson, Thanks Anderson!!!! I agree.... Anderson!!!!!

Anderson,
    Have a great/good night, Tight sleep & rest,
    See you tomorrow night!

January 20, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  7. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I thought about that case from time to time. I am glad the young lady is back with her real family.

January 20, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  8. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

January 20, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  9. CHARLIE

There was no one within 10 meters of her.
    I didn';t see any cars or buses in the fountain?

January 20, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  10. lisal -canada

fountain lady is funny – even i could laugh at myself if i did that!!

i could not until now put my finger on what i like about ricky gervais' humor – i think it is because his humor is based on things which are embarrassing but TRUE – i do not like comedy where you have to try to figure out if it is fact or fiction – that (to me) is not funny because it is full of half-truths

January 20, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  11. Kenya

Ha! I knew it. Goodnight people.

January 20, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  12. Lori

How can someone sue anyone else for their own irresponsible actions?

January 20, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  13. Emily

Well, now that we all now what she looks like...

January 20, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  14. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

After she fell in the fountain, she said, "Oh my phone!"

January 20, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
  15. Starr, formerly known as vincent

@Charlie – appreciated your quote from Churchill...seems to be quite true.

January 20, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  16. Don, WA

I thought Ricky Gervais on golden globes was spot on good.
    And that guy asking for a million dollars should've asked for 999,999 dollars and 99 cents, either that or.."One Billiooooon Dollars!"

January 20, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  17. Kelly, PA

Just heard about the runaway texter today.. Apparently happened at a mall in Reading, PA. Great.

January 20, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  18. Sharon Hastings

I don't remember this massacre but again I just so admire John Walsh for all he does, cold cases included. His "never give up" attitude is so compelling and he is 100% committed to what he does.

January 20, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
  19. Heather - Spokane, WA

Why would anyone do something like this? I can only think that it was a robbery done by two men that wanted attention for something or to send a message to someone

January 20, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
  20. Lori

This is a very sad story.

January 20, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  21. Starr, formerly known as vincent

The bowling alley story is truly horrific – children? Why?
    God bless the woman who lost her family – thoughts and prayers for all of them.
    I truly hope they finds the men who did this!

Again, Anderson, thank you for running this series. Hopefully, someone watching can help catch these criminals.

January 20, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  22. Emily

I can't believe that 21 years has already passed with this crime. I remember when it happened. There are not a lot of crimes like this in a Bowling Alley! (Thank goodness)

January 20, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  23. Kenya

Very sad story.

January 20, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
  24. Simone (Canada)

Ricky's has a tremendous sense of humour! People that gave him the "thumbs down" should lighten up
    Thanks Anderson for the after conversation with Piers and Joan... very funny

January 20, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
  25. CHARLIE

Seeing Pier Morgan and Rick Gervais reminds me of Churchills' observation that the UK and the US are two great nations seprateed by a common language. They are soooo different. Piers Morgan openly acknowledges that he has had to modify his approach substantially so as not to offend Americans. In the UK he would be considerd very soft soap.

January 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  26. Starr, formerly known as vincent

@Mike, formerly from Syracuse – agree with you about the celebrities.
    If they can get involved with politics, they should be able to take some jubes at them.
    Most seem "thin skinned".

January 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  27. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Oh no!!! I have missed Golden Globes awards with Ricky!! 🙁

January 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  28. Emily

@Lori,
    "Humor is a sign of intelligence."
    Life is so short!
    I feel for the people who don't have a sense of humor, and can't laugh at themselves.

January 20, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
  29. Emily

'The dangers of walking and texting'.

January 20, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  30. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Millionaires don't claim to be millionaires!

January 20, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  31. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I love "The Shot" man want a milion a dollars on YouTube.... Don't have million dollars, Sorry.... I don't think so!!!!! LOL!!!! Thanks Anderson........ 🙂

January 20, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  32. Heather - Spokane, WA

I think the video on the shot is a hoax

January 20, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  33. Kenya

Let me guess..did she sue the mall

January 20, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  34. charlie

Ricky was great at the Golden Globes; the Oscars will pale in comparison. Piers' interview was quite good. Loved Joan Rivers' comments tonight. I sometimes don't like her but then she starts with the jokes at which point what's not to like.

January 20, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  35. Lori

She cried about being viral on the internet. I say give her a break.

January 20, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  36. Emily

I never saw the Golden Globes, only these highlights. I think they're pretty funny.

January 20, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  37. Lori

It's Monoply money.

January 20, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  38. lisal -canada

that money thing just sounds stupid

January 20, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  39. CHARLIE

The correct response to gervais is a witty repart. That is what intelligent humor is all about. In the UK it starts in Kindergarten in the US it is banned under various PC concerns.

January 20, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  40. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Hollywood celebrities have no problem bashing others for their politics. they should be able to take it as well.

January 20, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
  41. Sharon Hastings

Ricky is very funny and look what press coverage he is receiving. I did not watch the Golden Globes but I now feel I've seen all the clips in question.

January 20, 2011 at 10:33 pm |
  42. Emily

@Heather – Spokane, WA,
    An election just finished, and they are about to start campaigning for another one. It doesn't seem like they've even taken a breath to govern. I think it's been that way since 2008.

@Megan,
    Unreal! FG said, "Let me address that very question"; and completely ignored it! I thought it was a great question and would have liked to have heard him answer it.

January 20, 2011 at 10:33 pm |
  43. Lori

That's right...What the fuss?

January 20, 2011 at 10:33 pm |
  44. Heather - Spokane, WA

I think Gervais was great! I didn't see the awards but i saw the clips on Piers' show and think he did great. Actors have to have a sense of humor because they are in the public eye all the time and some are not very bright so they find themselves trouble, ususally on purpose, so they have to have a sense of humor about themselves when a joke is done about them

January 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  45. Lori

Humor is a sign of intelligence.

January 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  46. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

They were things in the news, things in the theaters, and things we all knows. What the fuss?

January 20, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  47. CHARLIE

I cannot even to begin to think what he should apologise for? He is a comedian. Are Americans that dumb?

January 20, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  48. Starr, formerly known as vincent

I missed the Golden Globes, but certainly heard all of the ruckus about Rikki Gervais.

I watched the intervew with Piers Morgan, and i thought Gervais aquited himself quite well.

No, he does not appear to have anything to hand his head about and he seemed to be quite entertaining!
    Thanks for having Joan Rivers on too!

January 20, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  49. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Oh yes!!!!! I love Joan Rivers, she made me laugh, she always jokes with us...... she have a sense of humor!!!!!! 🙂

January 20, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
  50. CHARLIE

My goodness were those the problems? What on earth were the complaint about?

January 20, 2011 at 10:29 pm |