December 23rd, 2010

Taking care of our troops: Join the Live Chat

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Diane

Donato – treatment itself is not based on active duty status, but where you get treatment definitely is. You get discharged, you lose Tricare, and then you get VA or military facility treatment, and it is NOT the quality of private care. My son got private treatment only because we were able to keep him active duty and covered by Tricare. It was a fight to keep him from being discharged.

December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Jo Ann, Ohio

Good night Sanjay and bloggers Emily, Mike, Starr, Nicole, Nancy in Oregon, and Megan.

December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

My heart goes to Anderson, RIP Peter.

December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Sharon Hastings

Wonderful tribute by Anderson!!! Sorry to hear of this man's death.

Good night everyone. I wish all of you a wonderful holiday time. Stay safe. I am personally grateful for the opportunity to spend time with family and friends.

December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Emily

Good night Dr. Gupta, (Anderson), 360°Team, Jo Ann, David, Megan, Nancy, Nicole, Gloria, Casey, Starr, & Bloggers!
    Sorry to hear of the loss at CNN of Peter. He was a great writer.
    Thanks for taking time to come in and read your tribute, Anderson.
    Have a wonderful Holiday everyone.

December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Heather - Spokane, WA

Have a great night and Happy Holidays to you!

December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Jo Ann, Ohio

A beautiful tribute by Anderson to Peter Freundlich.

December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Steven

Merry Christmas Anderson Gupta and all. God bless us, every one! Happy you near!

December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Starr, formerly known as vincent

What an amazing tribute of Peter by Anderson. God bless Peter and thank you for all that you contributed to us with your writing. My thoughts and prayers are with his ).

Thank you and good night Sanjay & Team 360. Great show this evening.

Good night fellow writers. I wish you ALL a safe and peaceful holiday season.

December 23, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

BTW, P.S. Best year of Anderson wore bunny suit!!! 🙂

December 23, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Lori

Good night everyone. Sweet dreams. Merry Christmas.

December 23, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Heather - Spokane, WA

Im sorry for the loss of Peter Freundlich, he sounded like he was a really fun and great person. That was a very touching tribute Anderson, Im sorry for your personal loss

December 23, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Nina

Thank you, Anderson, for your condolences regarding Peter. Yes, esophs fables is an excellent blog. He was very talented.

December 23, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Lori

I read some of his blogs. He was a very very gifted writer. I am sorry Anderson. Take care.

December 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  15. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Megan, Nicole, Emily, Gloria, Dodie, Mike, Casey, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Lori, Betty Ann, Heather, Starr, Sharon, Gabriela, A.Smith, Devin, Karin, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Charlotte, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, others and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Have a great weekend!
    See you on Monday night!
    Happy holidays all fo you!!!!! 🙂

December 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  16. Emily

Peter looks familiar.
    Great to see Anderson tonight. Sorry for the reason, however.
    Sorry to hear of his passing. RIP Peter.

December 23, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  17. lisal -canada

months ago i had the pleasure of reading some of peter's writings – his writing is intense and powerful and intriguing – so rich and full of the moments that occur along that fine line between living and merely existing

anderson if you are reading these i was so sad to hear this news
    – peter – i was captivated by your insights on cliches and shrines – may your spirit ever stay peaceful and strong

December 23, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  18. Justin

@Emily
    Seems like a bit of a double standard if you ask me.

December 23, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  19. Kenya

Warm holiday wishes to everyone.

December 23, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  20. Starr, formerly known as vincent

@Emily – what people do in the name of religion... I agree, whole heartedly!

December 23, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  21. Donato

Another problem is the actual definition of "TBI" and what the time of intervention should include....
    DJB

December 23, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  22. Emily

@Justin
    I noticed that hearing-aid that the leader of the Followers of Christ was wearing too. I wonder if he's ever been questioned about that?

December 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  23. Omar

The Oregon Church, with all due respect to their religious views, have got it all wrong. If they have so much faith for life, which to most of us is the most precious thing, why not start jay walking or leaving their cars and houses unlocked? If faith alone can save lives, it should be able to save cars and houses too.

December 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  24. Sharon Hastings

Got to love those videos!!! I had forgotten about the rainbow guy. Soooo farrrr outtt! I do love a good rainbow myself.

December 23, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  25. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Love Tom Foreman's takes on 2010, can't wait to see special.

BEST Blog of 2010 – AC360!

December 23, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  26. Emily

The noise that the vuvuzela makes would be a great alarm sound, if louder. I know many that it would surprise & scare away.

December 23, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  27. Heather - Spokane, WA

I still enjoy Anderson in the bunny costume 😉

December 23, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  28. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Bloggers,
    I agree all of you, That is really amazing people have brain injury as troops have too...... It will help learn their skills over again, Good point. 🙂

December 23, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  29. Justin

If the Followers of Christ believe faith trumps providing medical treatment, then why does their leader wear a hearing aid? That doesn't make sense to me....

December 23, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  30. Nina

@ Donato I am not a MD; however, if you are discussing the treatment of TBI With Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy; I do understand it does work. Actually a lot of that research is a result of protocol!

December 23, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  31. Emily

@Heather – Spokane, WA
    "How can a parent allow their children to suffer like that?"
    What people will do in the name of religion never ceases to amaze me.

December 23, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  32. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Hey everyone,
    I am sorry late join tonight, My heart goes to troops..... I am so sad for troops tonight.

December 23, 2010 at 10:44 pm |