December 6th, 2010

Let's make a deal: Join the Live Chat

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Catherine La Mirada,CA

After seeing all the good from transplants,like the football player who died last year, I am very said Arizona has stopped their transplant program. My cousin saved his sister by donating a kidney.

The 14 year old hitman is very tragic, like the child soldiers in Africa countries. Mexico needs a major overhaul.

God bless Elizabeth Edwards and look after her children when she is gone. Such a sad story.

December 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  2. Janis

Fourteen year olds are doing what pleases the people they see as role models and they'll say and act like their perceived role models. It's easy for drug runners to recruit young minds that have a poor homelife if any at all. I don't see this as any different than pimping teenage girls. Predators go after the young and niave to do their bidding.

December 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  3. Kevin Smith-Poole

Its pretty sad. When I was 7 I needed a transplant but we couldnt afford to pay upfront, luckily with treatment we got mine to work. Its still sad that this happens.

December 6, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  4. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Give the people the tranplants that they need.

December 6, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  5. Lori

Where is his mother?

December 6, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  6. Sharon Hastings

Sorry, I apparently lost the live chat on my computer–this story about failure in funding the transplants is hard to watch. What is wrong with Gov. Brewer??

December 6, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  7. Libby

Brewer spent $2 million on a roof for a rarely used sports venue, yet refuses the $1.4 million for this program and blames it on the president? Wow. Just unbelievable.

December 6, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  8. Cody

This agreement will not help 90% of the American People.It was just reported that Corporate America,small businesses included, recorded the best quarter in profits in "HISTORY"!!! Where are the jobs Corporate America and John Boehner??? The only thing that this agreement will move are the bank accounts of the rich, and Corporate America, and the Stock Options of the Corporate Execs who lie and cheat their way everyday through Wall Street. What ever happened to accountabilty???? One word to solve our economic woes......"Reregulation"...and lets start with the Oil Companies!!!!

December 6, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  9. Nina

EmilyDecember 6th, 2010 10:27 pm ET
    "Wow, a 14-year old "hitman"!Talk about child abuse."
    I completely agree with your statement. Very sad when adults can brainwash a child to the point of killing.

December 6, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  10. Bryce Christiansen

I'm a 13 year Leukemia survivor from AZ because of a bone marrow transplant. That was after a relapse of cancer. Chemo wasn't enough.

Hope Brewer has a strong conscience to carry the weight of all the people who have already died and will die because they can't get this "elective" surgery.

December 6, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  11. Paula, Colorado

Gov. Brewer doesn't seem very focused on what is really important.

December 6, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  12. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Just wondering how algae research takes priority in the stimulus bill over funding this.

December 6, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  13. Tina

It is pretty shocking that a 14-year-old kid being in connection with the Mexican cartel. It seems that the cartel are recruiting younger people.

December 6, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  14. Emily

When people have found a match, and someone is willing to donate an organ, it really is unbelievable that they are not getting that second chance at life. It's not easy to find a match.

December 6, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  15. Eric Walker miami, fl

What do you expect Gov. Brewer to use data that does not support her agenda during an election year?

December 6, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  16. Kenya

This is the product of a capitalist system. Money first. Always.

December 6, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  17. Sue R. Canton MI.

I would definitly call this transplant situation Brewercare and not Obamacare. It seems like everything bad is being blamed on President Obama. It's sad that many people will possibly die because of these cut's.

December 6, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  18. Christine Cummins - Houston, TX

I think it's absolutely horrible that people like Governor Brewer act so casually toward the lives of human beings.

I can't imagine ever having the gaul to tell someone that the surgery that would potentially save their life is "optional".

December 6, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  19. Libby

I have a feeling there will be some serious buyer's remorse on the election of Ms. Brewer in Arizona.

December 6, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  20. Nicole The Netherlands

For me this is shocking, a governer who decides in life an death...
    Thanks for the numbers Anderson.

December 6, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  21. Emily

What a stunning story, about the transplants.
    The statements by Gov. Brewer is really outrageous! I have a feeling that she hopes that people will have forgotten about this by the time the end of Jan, 2011.

December 6, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  22. Janis

Life comes first, payment comes later. Why is there a choice here. Why does money come first. Noone should be turned down for life saving procedures anywhere in civilized societies.

December 6, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  23. Lori

The cost of these services is outrageous.

December 6, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  24. Nina

Transplants are medically available. It is sad that money impedes the lives of Americans in need.
    Stem cell transplant saved my life.

December 6, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  25. Eric Walker miami, fl

Republicans said no unemployment extention without paying for them and no need to pay for the tax cuts. The coprimise ... Now We don't pay for neither. So where is the Tea Party and Tea Party Republicans

December 6, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  26. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I don't think so Gov. Brewer!!!!!! I disagree with her, My heart goes to Mike Price.... He need tranplant his. I am not happy for Arizona!!!!!!!

December 6, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  27. Lori

How can money be unaccounted for?

December 6, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  28. Kevin Smith-Poole

Brewer disgusts me! Sorry she just does!

December 6, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  29. Emily

@Nicole The Netherlands,
    "is an petition on the internet to give Assange political asylum..."
    Wow!! I'm really surprised to read that considering what he is accused of in Sweden. That truly is shocking! Is it getting a lot of signatures?

December 6, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  30. Libby

Shame on Brewer in Arizona! Disgusting.

December 6, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  31. bill griffis

compromise is the only way things are going get done in congress

December 6, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  32. Emily

@Nina,
    "Treatments and their side affects are terrible."
    The treatments for any cancer I'm sure are truly awful to go though. It's one poison killing another. It's terrible to see someone with the side effects. I can't image what it personally feels like.

December 6, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  33. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I love "The Shot" Saturday Night Live news made me laugh, it was so funny shot!!!!! 🙂 Thanks Anderson!!!!

My heart goes to 70 yrs old woman's families killed by big shark...... That's so sad, Be careful to look shark!!!!!! Yikes!

December 6, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  34. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

SNL is so crazy!

December 6, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  35. Nicole The Netherlands

In The Netherlands there is an petition on the internet to give Assange politcal asylum...
    Supported by the Dutch assosiation of journalists..

December 6, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  36. Nina

SNL is so creative.. they can always find something funny. Love em

December 6, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  37. Emily

This was so funny!!

December 6, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  38. Joe Jr.

Tell me what the upper tax cuts have given the middle class over the last 20, modest wage increases, the rich only continue to dangle the carrot.

December 6, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  39. Emily

Wow, a 14-year old "hitman"!
    Talk about child abuse.

December 6, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  40. Emily

@Nicole The Netherlands,
    I think that it's great that all her family is by her side too. She really has been so selfless through all of this. She has been a great mother to her children, putting them first. (not wanting to hurt the relationship with their father). What a great inspiration.

December 6, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  41. Nina

@ Emily
    "Are they afraid if she keeps getting the treatments, that she may end up in a coma? (do more harm than good)"
    Treatments and their side affects are terrible. If the person is terminal, better allow for quality of life.

December 6, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  42. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson,
    I agree, Very sad for Elizabeth Edwards......

December 6, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  43. Lori

This is devastating.

December 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  44. Emily

@Nina,
    I remember when everyone signed that paper agreeing to work together and then the very next day, it "back to normal".
    Hopeful, they will all behave like the professionals that they were elected to be.

December 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  45. Kenya

Mrs. Edwards. I wish her well. She has been through many tribulations.

December 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  46. Nina

Cancer Metastasis is extremely dangerous. It is tragic for all. Especially the children.

Well said Anderson!!

December 6, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  47. Janis

I'm sorry that Elizabeth Edwards decided to stop treatment. She is a brave and beautiful woman. My prayers for her and her family for a graceful loving life.

December 6, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  48. Sue R. Canton MI.

My thoughts and prayer's go out for Elizabeth Edwards.She has been an inspiration to so many of us. I admire her courage.

December 6, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  49. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I hope E. Edwards find comfort with her family and friends.

December 6, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  50. Nicole The Netherlands

Such sad news about Elizabeth Edwards.
    I really did hope she would survive this very public battle.
    Good to hear she is surrounded with friends and family.

December 6, 2010 at 10:20 pm |