November 9th, 2010

Sarah Palin Not Backing Down: Join the Live Chat

Sarah Palin is bashing the Federal Reserve and its Chairman Ben Bernanke - bashing and not backing down - even when the facts prove her wrong. We're keeping them honest. Plus, Pres. Obama speaks to the Muslim world and more.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Edward Murray

Both Dana and David are correct that Palin's larger point about the Fed is getting lost in this.

However, a great way to draw attention from a statement is to exaggerate or cite erroneous or potentially misleading information in order to support one's position, and Palin is repeatedly guilty of that.

November 9, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  2. Robert Christensen

I am democrat and not a Palin fan but I am also a fan of the truth. And if you think inflation is not showing up in supermarkets and restaurants you have lost touch.

Bernanke and the Fed are extending the Bushkrieg policies.

November 9, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  3. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

All people in positions of power are corrupt. How do you think they got there in the first place?

November 9, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  4. deirdre

The issue of items in the grocery store costing more money relates to package size and weight. Manufacturers and grocers are charging the same or slightly more, but the weight (contents) per package has been reduced in many many brands. Thus the requirement to buy more, cause you now get less per box/carton/bag.
    Anderson, check this detail out in your grocery store, it is fact.

November 9, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  5. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Nancy in Oregon, "Only to the degree, though, Jo Ann, that she might be aiming for more power. I don't trust SP so from one POV I think keeping an eye on her is important."

I don't trust any politician, or for that matter,any members of the media. They all have their agendas.

November 9, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  6. carol

Hi Anderson! Sarah Palin is right -food prices are getting out of control. I can vouch for it in Hampton Bays. My friends are always stating food is out of control these days.

November 9, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  7. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

As an U.S. Citizen, I find Sarah to be an embarrassment. I truly wonder what people in other countries think of her (and worse, us) when they hear sound bites from and about her. I think she makes us all look stupid and ignorant.

November 9, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  8. Stephanie

Sarah Palin lacks depth. She's never taken a moment to step back and process the criticism leveled at her. The unexamined life is not worth living.

November 9, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  9. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Palin is big news because the MSM makes her big news. Most Republicans know she won't be the nominee, and consider her an amusement not serious politics.

November 9, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  10. Janis

Hello everyone. I think Palin has a sort of perceived perky cute style and whether or not she knows what she is talking about is beside the point. People just like to watch her get fiesty and riled up and the media jumps on the bandwagon giving her the power to do it over and over. She's a PR dream for the GOP.

November 9, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  11. Heather - Spokane, WA

Evening Anderson and everyone, sorry I'm late. Is anyone really surprised about Palin attacking everyone? She obviously thinks she is always right even when she knows she is wrong

November 9, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  12. Nancy in Oregon

I'm not so sure, Mike of Syracuse, that Palin doesn't fan flames of our larger problems. I suspect she really bears keeping a close eye on.

November 9, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  13. Ken

Palin: Prices have gone up.
    Reporter: No, prices will go up soon.
    Headline: Palin lies! Distorts! (Really?)

... go to a store and buy something you bought last month... it's more expensive.

November 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  14. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Karen, MN, "yes, we would like to see politician say when they have made a mistake."

When wss the last time you heard a politician admit to a mistake?

November 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  15. Marie from Penna.

I was just listening to your keeping them honest segment, and have to disagree with you completely regarding food prices. I own a restaurant and the last year and a half the wholesale and retail prices of produce, seafood and meats have gone up considerably. This cannot always be passed on to the customer, especially in this economy when everyone looks for coupons and or bargains. Sarah Palin is correct in this instance. Thank you!

November 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  16. Sue from Syracuse

Good evening Anderson and fellow bloggers!

Palin is positioning to run. She is using her family and twitter to constantly stay in the news. She times her tweets to be in each news cycle.

November 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  17. Nancy in Oregon

November 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  18. Karen, MN

But we know when they are stretching the truth. I haven't noticed food prices going up drasticly. Makes me think what is she talking about?

November 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  19. Sharon Hastings

Good evening everyone. This seems not so much about the actual facts of who said what when, but rather the whole relationship that now exists between the media and Sarah Palin and for that matter many of her recent followers. I am not a Sarah Palin fan as anyone can see by my comments past and present, but the media did start this with her shortly after she was selected as vp runningmate.

Remember, her philosophy is don't retreat, reload. Maybe the media should just back off and pay attention to bigger news.

November 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  20. Kevin Smith-Poole

Sarah Palin, in my opinion, just doesn't really put much thought into anything.

I agree with you Anderson, politicians and all public figures, should apologize or acknowledge when they are wrong.

November 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  21. Henry

who cares what Sara palin says or what wall street journal says when I go to grocery shopping and see the prices going up week after week
    to find the truth just go grocery shopping Mr cooper.

November 9, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  22. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Mike, formerly from Syracuse, "I'm glad America has no more problems and we can afford to worry about every word Palin says."

I agree. There are more important stories out there than this.

November 9, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  23. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

No, Palin wants to play on the reporter's words.

November 9, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  24. Karen, MN

yes, we would like to see politician say when they have made a mistake.

November 9, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  25. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

This isn't an important story. Palin isn't even in office.

November 9, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  26. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson,
    I agree yours, it is difficult to understand what Sarah Palin was talking about.......

November 9, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  27. Catherine

I coin the phrase Blame Steam Media.

November 9, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  28. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Anderson, you are right Facts are important, especially in news reports.

But, telling the truth (facts) is also very important from polititians too.

Twisting facts does no one any good and in fact, can be dangerous.

Ms. Palin fairly consistently, from what i have witnessed, takes "facts" and announces them in her style, sometimes not true or out of context.

November 9, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  29. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

She plays on the facts that many people do not read for themselves, and that the people will take what she said by face value. It is so important that people think for themselves because one can not believe everyone thing one read.

November 9, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  30. Nancy in Oregon

I can believe David Gergen...sometimes the reactions are stronger than they need to be to SP. Of course, I think she courts it, personally...so strong reactions are playing right into her game plan.

November 9, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  31. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Sarah Palin has no integrity and little ethical behavior. Further, I find it ironic that she spoke at a "Christian Conference" of sorts when her behavior is anything but Christian.

November 9, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  32. Emily

I really hope that no one picks Palin as a future running mate! I doubt that she would run on her own.

November 9, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  33. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

November 9, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  34. Kenya

An empty vessel making noise..

November 9, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  35. Samantha Rowley - Nashville, TN

That kind of defensiveness and attack to the mainstream media will never get her elected, should she even toss her hat in the ring. Thanks for keeping them honest.

November 9, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  36. Karen, MN

Hi Anderson and everyone,

November 9, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  37. Nancy in Oregon

So who coined the phrase 'lamestream media'? I'm getting so tired of it. Overuse for sure. And name-calling, in a not-so-grown-up way.

November 9, 2010 at 10:05 pm |
  38. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Anderson, there is a pattern here, the media constantly harping on Palin's every move and word. Who cares?

November 9, 2010 at 10:05 pm |
  39. Lori

Sarah Palin has not made many friends in the media.

November 9, 2010 at 10:05 pm |
  40. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Right now, I also disagree with Sarah Palin!!!! YIKES! Oh no!!!!!

November 9, 2010 at 10:05 pm |
  41. Lori

Hello Anderson. Hello Everyone!

November 9, 2010 at 10:04 pm |
  42. Catherine

Good evening everyone. It's truly frightening would Palin embraces lies and will not be moved by facts. She's sharing George W. Bush's brain.

November 9, 2010 at 10:03 pm |
  43. Nancy in Oregon

Good evening, friends. One big problem for sure, if Palin cannot let herself be 'wrong'.

November 9, 2010 at 10:03 pm |
  44. Emily

Sarah Palin is very petulant arguing with the reporter...

November 9, 2010 at 10:02 pm |
  45. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Good evening Andereson & Team 360.

Hello, David, Isabel, Nichole, Nancy, Megan, Emily, JoAnn, Mike, Casey, everyone

I have not seen any new today so am looking forward to the show tonight.

November 9, 2010 at 10:02 pm |
  46. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Megan, Nicole, Emily, Gloria, Dodie, Mike, Casey, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Lori, Adelaide, Betty Ann, Heather, Starr, Sharon, Gabriela, A.Smith, Devin, Karin, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Charlotte, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, others and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!

November 9, 2010 at 10:01 pm |
  47. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! It's great to see you on. Sounds like an interesting program tonight.
    Sarah Palin sounds overly defensive over the Wall Street Journal reporter.

November 9, 2010 at 10:01 pm |
  48. Emily

Good evening Anderson, 360°Team, Jo Ann, David, Megan, Nicole, Nancy, Gloria, Casey, Starr, & Bloggers!

November 9, 2010 at 10:01 pm |
  49. Samantha Rowley - Nashville, TN

Good evening everyone!

November 9, 2010 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

November 9, 2010 at 10:00 pm |