October 12th, 2010

Chile Mine Rescue: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on 360°, special coverage of the mine rescue mission in Chile. Crews are getting ready to free the first of 33 trapped miners. We'll give you an up close look at the effort.

Want more details on what covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

I am tense, emotional, nervous .... mixed feelings! God bless them!

October 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  2. shellie

wow!!!! First one on his way, praise god!

October 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  3. Maj-Britt Thygesen

It's almost morning in Denmark. I have followed you all night. In 1969 we were on the moon (maybe) and the whole world watched on TV .... now we are 700 meters beneath the earth and the whole world follows this sensation – this time it's reality and a present event.
    All the best to the miners and family from Maj-Britt

October 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  4. Lori

The capsule almost seemed to get caught on something for a moment.

October 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  5. Cristal in Blaine, MN

praying that everything goes well. On pins and needles. Just watched the first miner start to get pulled to the surface!! Please Please Please work!!

October 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  6. Nancy in Oregon

Wow.

October 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  7. Ave

@Heather – no you are not alone. I am sitting here wringing my hands.

October 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  8. Veronica

Here comes the first miner
    The USA and other nations can learn so much from this

October 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  9. Emily

This is exciting...the first miner is coming up.

October 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  10. esther

@Prasheel the reason why they are doing at night is because imagine living underground for more than three months these miners are no longer adapted to the sun and it might affect them

October 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  11. Ave

here it goes.

October 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  12. elaine from cleveland ohio

Here he comes....

October 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  13. Patricia (Australia)

Everything has already said, thank you Lord, thanks Australia for the drill that helped to find them, thanks.
    But I do want to thank CNN for an amazing coverage, the coverage from day one has been amazing, 2 thumbs up for you and my highest respects to the Journalists that have made possible for us, Chileans living abroad to be able to see and know what is happening live!

October 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  14. Nancy in Oregon

You are not alone, Heather.

October 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  15. nalini

Good evening from Trinidad, Anderson, and everyone.
    I have been following the drama for 69 days and I tell you, this is sooo amazing and emotional for me, can you believe the families?
    Thanks to Karl for remarkable coverage.

October 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Ave

I think it may just appear to be at an angle because the rock it is in has a steep angle. I could be wrong though.

Seems like we are getting pretty close to the first rescue. My prayers are with them.

October 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  17. Colleen

Thank you for knowing when to stop and listen, Anderson. This is riveting! Fantastic coverage guys.

October 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  18. Heather - Spokane, WA

Am I the only one feeling anxious about the capsule going up?

October 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  19. Bonne

Grew up in a mining town that had it's share of disasters. Lost a lot of relatives to the mines.My heart goes out to all the men and their families. My thanks goes out to all the people who have work and are still working to get them out safely.

October 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  20. Shamar in Georgia

i cant belive its finally happening im 16 turnin 17 on the 17 of this month mii and my grandma are watching the rescue right now i luv this we're praying hard for the miners and their family's god bless them god bless the minners god bless the rescuer's and god bless America..

October 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  21. AnneMarie

Anxiously joining you and the rest of the world in watching the successful rescue of the Chilean miners! This is Great News!

October 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  22. Cathy Westholt

I was glued to my television and was excited to see the moon landing when I was a child. Watching the rescue tube land erases all the anticipation of a moon landing for me. I cried, I praised God, I watched every inch of its touching the ground. My heart rejoiced as the wheel ceased to move. Thank you Anderson and CNN for airing this live. May God bless all of these miners, thier loved ones, and all of the rescue workers, especially the gentleman who went down to rescue them.

October 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  23. Frederico Madeira - Recife - Brazil

Spectacular CNN coverage of miners rescue. Amazing to see images of miners trapped down there 612m. We pray for success of this rescue. We are waiting for first rescue. Good look for all.

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  24. Nancy in Oregon

Hold hands, everyone....he will be going up soon.

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  25. Bruno Valenca

Good lock florencio !!!

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  26. Patty

God be with the miners as they are now being brought home to their love loves. Tonight all will see and know that all we need is to keep faith alive. VIA Chile, VIA Todos.

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  27. Mariselle

This is an amazing moment for Chile and the world. GOD bless this miners, their families and everyone involve in their rescue...Is a happy day, a day of celebration...This is so emotional...Thank you CNN for showing us this rescue mission...

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  28. elaine from cleveland ohio

Please please load up and go! Your dads waiting.

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  29. Emily

It's great that we are able to see what is going on in the mine, and that CNN is bring it to us.

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  30. lisal -canada

hope everything goes smoothly for the miners, rescuers and family and friends waiting for the duration of this operation

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  31. Sue from Boston

My heart is just pounding! Last time I felt this way was when they rescued the little girl who fell down the well. My prayers go out to the men and their families that they get out safely.

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  32. Chuck Dettling

It appeared that the shaft tubing was at an angle to the ground. Is this so?

October 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  33. David, Indiana

@Emily, yes oxygen too thanks Emily.

@Starr It is amazing I agree that these technologies are there to help prepare the miners for the ascent in the capsule.

Those are breathtaking images. And as Dennis O'Dell said seeing the each of the miners greeting and hugging Manuel Gonzalez was indeed heartwarming.

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  34. Fernando Romero

Is there any reason why the line tangent to the pulley is not perpendicular to the capsule entrance?

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  35. Fred

Tonight we are all Chileans!

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  36. Linda

words escape me prayers for all the miners, rescurers famlies and people of Chile....It just is more proof if we all work together good things will happen. Will keep praying for the rescue continuance with a wonderful outcome for all. God Bless

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  37. Wendy McEwen

This event is bringing the world together. We are praying for our brothers and families there in Chile. Canada cares.

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  38. Samantha Rowley - Nashville, TN

@Bill...Just checked The Weather Channel. The current temperature in Copiapo, Chile wasn't available but it did say the low tonight would be 49 degrees.

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  39. Brenda Yates, Laurel, Mississippi

This is almost like when our men returned from Viet Nam after being POW's. This is an answer to prayer...

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  40. Mrs Monet

good night everyone and mr anderson i would lime to say that i am so happy and scared for the job that they are doing to removed everyone

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  41. Marc

Thank God this has unfolded as an international triumph. Those poor families can finally be reunited. Many thanks and kudos must go out to the rescuers.

October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  42. Micah - Las Vegas, NV

This is amazing to watch. God Bless all of the miners and their families!

October 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  43. Judy in KY

I am mezmerized by the spectacle of these men in their finest hour. I feel so proud and happy for each one (miners, families, and all the rest). Please tell me how it is determined the order of extraction.

October 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  44. Emi Rosmiati

Been watching the chilean miners rescue,tht amazed me.all hopes and power of believing that they will make it..we all praying for it. God Bless. All hopes n love from Indonesia.

October 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  45. Lisa in Louisville

I'm glued to my TV, too. This is technologicaly amazing and an amazing testament to the faith and strength of these men.

October 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  46. Wes Brown

My family and I are watching the rescue from British Columbia Canada our prayers are with the survivors and their families. We wish you the best

October 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  47. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson and CNN team,
    Thank you for coverage of miners for us... that is so amazing news for us..... I love this... I am grateful to all of you by coverage live from Chile.....What a night for me!!! Thanks so much, Anderson!!! kudos to CNN!!! 🙂

October 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  48. Sue R. Canton MI.

It's GREAT to see people from all over the world on this blog tonight to share this historical rescue. I hope the miners know that the world is praying for a good ending to this tragic event.

October 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  49. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Wow, we have so many bloggers from around the world on the AC site tonight.

It is impressive to see so many comments re: humanity and the world working together.

Of course, this story demonstrates the Best of humanity.

I hope we see many more scenes like this when so many countries cooperate to have such a positive result!

October 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  50. Ave

Yes I greatly appreciate the live coverage. Thank you CNN!

October 12, 2010 at 10:50 pm |