October 12th, 2010

Chile Mine Rescue: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on 360°, special coverage of the mine rescue mission in Chile. Crews are getting ready to free the first of 33 trapped miners. We'll give you an up close look at the effort.

Want more details on what covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Elainne

Anderson- thank you for your coverage.

October 13, 2010 at 12:00 am |
  2. Sofia

Good Evening Anderson, great coverage. Will be up late tonight with you watching the rescues. God be with the miners, their families and rescuers.

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm |
  3. Emily

Great reporting Anderson and Karl Penhaul & Gary Tuchman. Thanks.
    Good night Nancy and bloggers.

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm |
  4. Debbie *~MIAMI~*

@Rodrigo... can u explain to me how the last miner/rescuer are going to get themselves in the capsule w/o any help?

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm |
  5. Dennis Liss

Why hasn't somebody told us why the healthier miners are being rescued before the weaker ones. I would think that it would be the other way around. Thank you. Denny Liss

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm |
  6. jeanette Baumgartner

I am really nervous because of the amount of earthquakes that occur in Chile, I wouldnt take as long between miners, I think they waste a lot of time

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm |
  7. Cody

How is the last person left in the mine going to strap himself in and make sure everything is secure?

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm |
  8. Tommy

Anderson,

My question is:

"WHO is going to check the last man and put him into the capsule?"

Also, this reminds me of the World event of the First Moon walk!

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm |
  9. Jason

Hey Anderson,
    Great job with keeping up with a very special time for these men and their families. I keep seeing and hearing that there is 32 men left. My count is two men down and only one up. That's 35 still down by my math.

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm |
  10. SHARON chicago, il

i hope that they get all the miners and resuers out. These people have been through enough trouble and pain. my prayers go out to all of them,

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  11. Jerry from Chicago

Amazing – filled with great admiration for the engineers and workmen who created the exit for the miners. Question: has the hole been lined with some smoother surface or is the capsule running alongside the raw stone? Any information?

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  12. LL Edward

2nd Man...on his way...45 minutes apart..great News

Last one Out...Turn off the Lights!!!

God-Speed....Gentlemen.

CH

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  13. Paul

Were on the East Coast, and have to get up early, but we just can't seem to go to sleep, this is too exciting to miss. God bless those miners, their families, the rescue teams, and CNN.

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  14. john green

Anderson – Can you get a perspective from some of your colleagues on the "last man" to come up from the mine after the second to last man has left the chamber? Got to be a scary feeling being left down there alone! Thanks – John

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  15. ROBERTO SOTO

God bless all does that did the rescue posible. Thanks Anderson and CNN for the live program, God blessed you all. I'm from Miami Beach, Florida. I'm so proud of all this rescue team.

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  16. Susy

This man being rescue right now was 39 when the accident happen he is now 40

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  17. Elaine Kennedy

I was wondering how the officials picked which miner would come up first, second etc......

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  18. Duncan Fowler

This rescue is fascinating.
    Can you tell us just hoe they were able to get that rescue shaft in just the right place after having to drill through a 1/2 mile of rock?

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  19. Elainne

This is totally amazing! I am so glad we have the technology to keep in touch with the miners so they know all of the world is praying and waiting for their safe rescue. God Bless.

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  20. Wanda Lee

This is so heart touching for me. Thank God these guys are being brought out. Back in 1982 Hanna, Wyoming men were not so Lucky.
    I Thank the men who got the drill to beable to do this remarkable job. Plan B was good. Thank God You Saved these Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  21. hudson

our little island st.vincent&the grenadines rejoice the miners and their family are been ed reunited.thx anderson.BLESS

October 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm |
  22. Gail

I'm watching the rescue of the miners. I cried along with the young boy. Praise God.

October 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm |
  23. ESTELA ENRIQUEZ

I heard you mention that there are 32 miners because one had passed away. How far into the accident did this happen?

October 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm |
  24. Carole

God please help with the safe return of all the miners and rescuers. The human spirit is incredible...never lose hope people.

October 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm |
  25. MarisaRN, Denver

Chi, Chi, Chi, Le, Le,Le, Viva Chile!!!! 2nd one on its way. Great coverage Anderson, I think we are all shedding tears of joy over this one!

October 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm |
  26. SonnyB in Arkansas

Rodgrigo....thanks for the info on the capsules. They do have air mask for breathing on the ascend. I am really amazed at how all this is unfolding.....fingers crossed!!

October 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm |
  27. Nancy in Oregon

Good night, everyone. I must trust it will all continue to go well. Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience, everyone! Thank you, CNN.

October 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm |
  28. Jeral

I thought my heart would burst before they brought the first man to the surface, GREAT coverage, Anderson and crew!!! GOD IS SO GREAT!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  29. Emily

Seeing that capsule lift up...breathless.

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  30. Janice

I noticed the first miner and those underground appear to have pretty clean hair – did they have enough water sent to them for bathing?

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  31. Kenneth Laidlaw

Is there a reason that the Chilean rescue shaft was drilled at an angle?

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  32. Sue R. Canton MI.

Goodnight AC360 Team and fellow bloggers.

Great coverage CNN/Anderson and crew on this most amazing and historical rescue.

It was great to share this historical event with the people on this blog and from all over the world who joined us tonight. Can't wait to see the last miner lifted to safe ground.

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  33. Bobby in Alabama

Amazing to see these rescuers risking their lives for others. God bless all !

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  34. christian

the second one, mario sepulveda, is ready to be lifted, he is now being lifted.

we all here in chile are glad to see this great moment for us and all mankind, best regards to everyone!

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  35. David, Indiana

These are amazing images. And such a tremendous joy and relief to see the capsule arriving in the mine and then arriving at the surface.

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  36. CRISTIAN

I am in Tokyo seeing what is happening in my country, what an emocion!!!

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  37. Andres..Chile

I was watching your report now...
    the second miner to way up is Mario Sepulveda,
    he is who related (report) what was happening into the mine..=)
    I am really gratelul, Chile knows is not alone.
    thanks to show this amazing moment.
    sorry for orthography =$

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  38. Chet

Why are the fittest miners being brought up first? Weakest first seems to make more sense.

October 12, 2010 at 11:56 pm |
  39. Angela

Was anyone killed in the mine collapse on Aug 5th? Or if all miners are rescued tonight will they all have been saved?

October 12, 2010 at 11:55 pm |
  40. Amber

This mine rescue is amazing! I can't stop watching! The technology is just incredible. Hoping all miners continue to make their journey safely through the capsule to their anxiously waiting family and friends!

October 12, 2010 at 11:55 pm |
  41. mark

It's great that they are saving the miners, and the country pulling together, I love the fact that NASA helped out (makes me proud as an American), and the president can't buy this kind of loyal votes also !!!!

October 12, 2010 at 11:55 pm |
  42. Lamont

thanks nancy in oregon for that answer for the life of me i couldnt figure that out. and scott yes there are three capsules on site

October 12, 2010 at 11:55 pm |
  43. Kirsten

I hope all goes well getting them back up. My thoughts are with them. We wish them the best. Kirsten in B.C.

October 12, 2010 at 11:55 pm |
  44. cody pace

So very glad to see them. Prayers are with them always.

October 12, 2010 at 11:55 pm |
  45. Janet

are there any long term physical health concerns that could face the miners?

October 12, 2010 at 11:54 pm |
  46. Linda from Texas

Thanks Carlos Vegas for the information The Chilean flag is almost identical to the Texas flag. That is what I thought I saw. The drilling company has done an excellent job.

October 12, 2010 at 11:54 pm |
  47. Sandy

This is the best news in many years, praying all 33 of you get to the surface soon to be with family and friends.

October 12, 2010 at 11:54 pm |
  48. Neil Travis

I'm worried that they'll have too many rescue workers down there when they get all the miners out

October 12, 2010 at 11:54 pm |
  49. Richard

Hello Mr Anderson, I just wanted to comment on the rescue on the miners. What a great day for Chile, South American and the rest of the world.
    We have just witnessed something trully
    remarkable. Yes, history has been made but more importantly, lives have been saved. God has blessed a nation.

October 12, 2010 at 11:54 pm |
  50. Kendra

Hey Joan the people that is down there is the miners the rescuers is going down there to help them get back up there.

October 12, 2010 at 11:54 pm |