October 11th, 2010

'Pirate Lake' Suspects?:Join the Live Chat

There are conflicting reports tonight that there are two suspects wanted in connection with case of the missing American possibly killed in a lake along the U.S.-Mexico border. Anderson talks with the man's wife. Plus, tonight's other headlines.

Want more details on what covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Nancy in Oregon

I wonder what the process of re-integration will be like for the miners?

October 11, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  2. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Starr,
    I agree with you, I am so exciting for miners, too! 🙂

October 11, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  3. Paula, Colorado

I hope the miners are all out soon–by this time tomorrow.

October 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  4. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Glad to see Isha back.

The Brithis pronounce Aluminium the way Isha said it. I live in England for 4 years (8-12 yrs. old).

The English have many other names for different items than Americans.

October 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  5. Nancy in Oregon

Oh goodness, Nicole, can you imagine the experience? Riding up in that weird contraption and then emerging at last? I really do hope they are medicated!!

October 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  6. Karin Urban from Berlin/Germany

Great to have Isha back on the show!

October 11, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Watch out who threw a book at our president!!! YIKES!!!! I agree with Isha said!!! LOL!!!! I love Anderson's smile face!!!! 🙂

October 11, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  8. Cessy - Chicago

Ahh-Lyum-min-nium!

try saying it, Anderson! (lol)

October 11, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  9. Kenya

There she is. Welcome back Isha!

October 11, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  10. Nicole The Netherlands

@ Nancy i sure hope they get a calming pill.
    Must be a journey inside this construction (!)
    I hope tomorrow we will see the first man above ground!

October 11, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  11. Starr, formerly known as vincent

I am so excited about the Miners in Chile!

Although, i do recognize how "tricky" this rescuse could be.

My thoughts and prayers have been and will continued to be with the miners and their families for a positive outcome.

As always, a terrific report by Gary Tuchman! He has given us a true flavor of what is happening at the rescue site.

October 11, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  12. Sue R. Canton MI.

It's GREAT to hear that the miners may soon be rescued. I can't even imagine what these guys have had to endure. I pray that this rescue mission will go as planned.

October 11, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  13. lisal -canada

sometimes don't you wish people had little meters on their forheads that showed, on a scale from 1 to 10, the degree to which they actually believed what was coming out of their own mouths ??

October 11, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  14. Libby

It's incredible how upbeat those miners have stayed! Seems like they've made the most out of a bad situation..

October 11, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  15. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I can't wait see miners will get out of cave.... I am praying for them get out safety reunion their families, Thanks give me update I need to know how are miners doing...... Kudos to Gary and Karl!!!!! 🙂

October 11, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  16. Sharon Hastings

I can't imagine what those miners have been going through. They do have each other to lean on but still, what an ordeal. I hope and pray for a successful rescue.

October 11, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  17. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Young children should only see their parents passion of love.

October 11, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  18. Karen, MN

Great to hear the miners are on their way out. I would have to close my eyes and sing songs on my way out. Maybe my voice would sound good in the metal tube.

October 11, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  19. taylor

I can't believe people like Paladino are still around. It's 2010 you think we would all learn to be more tolerant of everyone and accept who they are.

October 11, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  20. LaSonya TN

Once we realize that everyone is different, we are going to keep the cycle of discrimination in effect. Everyone is not going to be like you or me.

October 11, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  21. Saera El Paso, TX

I'd say any serious sexual display is probably inappropriate for young kids, but I think it's important for them to understand that not everyone has the same lifestyle. It's just like teaching them about race or religion.

October 11, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  22. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Again, the old argument that if kids are exposed to Gays they may decide to become one of them.

I am of the opinion that same gender preference is something that people are born with.

Frankly, given the prosecution of Gays, who would "choose" to be gay?

October 11, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  23. Karin Urban from Berlin/Germany

First pro-nazi and then anti-gay!!
    What a world are we living in?

October 11, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  24. Nancy in Oregon

I agree, Starr....the 'dividers' and their accusations/claims seem to be the celebrities of campaigns sometimes.

October 11, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  25. adriano

Greetings!! ND
    Are you doing something on Karl Paladino that man is out of control . Who is he? What does he want to do with our fabulous NY state ? He would be a perfect center piece for a Halloween program. I'm gay, if he wins I move to San Francisco the following day.
    Have a great week !!! Sharp neck tie.

October 11, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  26. Kenya

"Live and let live". Mr. Paladino just contradicted himself!

October 11, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  27. Libby

I predict Andrew Cuomo clobbers that Palodino guy in the NY Governor's race. 😉

October 11, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  28. Peter

Comment from a German:
    - if brevity is needed: please last paragraph –

There's no excuse for Iott.

I'm from Germany, and my granddad was a real "regular" soldier who got drafted and was forced to fight in Russia and Italy on the frontlines.

The SS (on the opposite) was Hitler's hard-core "elite" unit – consisting of strong believers in Hitlers worst causes – pulling the Jewish poulation out of their homes, running the camps, etc.

October 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  29. Steph

Good evening. Thanks, Anderson, for not alowing Mr. Iott to espouse on the political race or attack his opposition for "creating this scandal", as he has since it broke on Friday.
    As an historian, his assertions about what this group he represents in his re-enactments really stood for are disturbing. It is false history, and he clearly was not prepped to answer your questions well. As someone claiming to want to educate about this group, his knowledge of them is shockingly off-base.

October 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  30. Colleen

Paladino is outrageous... I'm truly at a loss for words that I'm allowed to use here.

October 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  31. Nancy in Oregon

Will they give the miners a little pill to calm them before the ascent (I hope!)?

October 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  32. carla

oh carl.....you noticed...the grinding...really...all the colors and that's what you remember......hmmmmmmmmmmmm

October 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  33. Sharon Hastings

All the talk of "live and let live" didn't seem too sincere.

October 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  34. Karen, MN

Paladino is very closed minded. I think it is great for kids to see all types of people and lifestyles.

October 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  35. vic , nashville tn

Nevada candidate talking about Michigan and Taxes

And she is talking about Sharia law why she can’t explain what she meant

October 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  36. Starr, formerly known as vincent

This is the first time i have heard that there is Sharia law anywhere in the US.

It seems, every time i hear about Ms. Angle, she is saying something that sound like "foot in mouth" disease.

What a shame that something put out by a Christian group was so heavily edited to give the wrong impression of Islam and Muslims.

When is US society going to unify,for the good of the country and pay attention to and come up with solutions to much biggers problems than "wedge" issues?

October 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  37. Anastasia Kartasheva

My family was in occupation in Ukraine during the WW II. Several of them died because of SS. This man clearly does not know the European history. It is simply embarassing to the US that such an ignorant and poorly educated person is considered as a potential member of the Congress.

October 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  38. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I also disagree with Sharon Angle says!!!! I don't think will be target muslim people in the country.

October 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  39. carla

these peoople telling their platform they are fake...they don't talk about what they will do to help their state or county...seems to be they want to be divided...it's them and us...or us and them not we the people

October 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  40. Phil Dayton

Only 3 countries that have Shariah law. Keep em honest Anderson.

October 11, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  41. Cessy - Chicago

Hello! and Happy Monday,everyone!
    Hi! Anderson:)

October 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  42. Nancy in Oregon

I am sensitive to the comment this man made that people are 'just doing what they think is best for their country' and know that there are complex human dilemmas involved in almost every situation...but I still think it's a mistake to use that 'softening' argument to excuse destructive and cruel actions. (I'm no great fan of revolutions, for instance, no matter how necessary they are! I would hate to be caught in the middle of one...human behavior runs amuck at such times....and justifies it.)

October 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  43. Nicole The Netherlands

I heard/ read he dressed in Waffen SS uniform, those people volunteered to take Hitler's standpoint, and "work"

Thankyou AC for adressing this issue.

October 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  44. SGT Beatty

Historical reenactment of Nazis, Confederates, or any other opponent in our history, while distasteful, is not wrong. It is important to remember the mistakes of the past and not skew our understanding of these events to either extreme.

October 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  45. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nicole The Netherlands
    What would you all think if a dutch politician dressed up like a member of the KKK ?!
    Sorry this makes me sick

I agree with you!!! Good point!

October 11, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  46. Colleen

Anderson hits another one out of the park... Proving once again that you don't need to provoke and be rude to get to the ugly truth...some people just hang themselves.

...oh, so glad to see this Angle coverage right now! Crazy...wonder if she'll show up on the show. (ha!)

October 11, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  47. M. A . GHANI

Abou Nazi dress, you ask fare question. This kind people should not be hold any public office or organization. I am a coservative republican, i will never vote for this kind of candidate nor either sarapalin. Both are nobrainers.

Ghani

October 11, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  48. vic , nashville tn

What you like is your hobby

Hobby is excuse here

October 11, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  49. Billie Jerome Michigan

This is just another politician trying to justify extremely poor taste at best! He was squirming....good job Anderson! Sweat it out him!

October 11, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  50. Saera El Paso, TX

I think this is interesting, and the re-enactment thing is curious, but I feel like maybe this guy wasn't really thinking about the hisory of the group. I don't know, it's a strange topic.

October 11, 2010 at 10:17 pm |