October 11th, 2010

'Pirate Lake' Suspects?:Join the Live Chat

There are conflicting reports tonight that there are two suspects wanted in connection with case of the missing American possibly killed in a lake along the U.S.-Mexico border. Anderson talks with the man's wife. Plus, tonight's other headlines.

Want more details on what covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. mary

goodnight...till tomorrow

October 11, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Karin Urban from Berlin/Germany

Great to see Anderson laugh at last. But I amstill stuuned by that nazi-story!

October 11, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Cessy - Chicago

The shot: Anderson, are you sure it's not jack gray??? (lol)
    have a great night! see you all tomorrow!

October 11, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  4. Nicole The Netherlands

What a shot, looks like the sigar guy is photoshopped in there from the seventees...

Sleep well everyone!

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Enjoy your night!

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Megan, Isha, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Milan, Vivan, Gabriela, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, (Danie), Lori, (Adelaide), Heather, Betty Ann, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha,others and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    Day of the man is identity now Aww! creepy shot, LOL So funny Anderson, Thanks Anderson!!!!!!! HUGS!

Anderson,
    See you tomorrow night! 🙂

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Karen, MN

I don't see the attraction with the red head golf guy. Good Night.

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Sharon Hastings

Good night everyone. Good to have Isha back. She is funny, smart, and very beautiful.

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Sue R. Canton MI.

Goodnight AC360Team and fellow bloggers.
    Good show tonight Anderson.

eeks,,,enough about Snooki.

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Lori

Good night. Sweet dreams.

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  11. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Good night Anderson & Team 360 -great show. I wish you all a safe and great day tomorrow.

Good night all 360ers. Love the conversation always. I wish you a safe and great day tomorrow.

Can't believe Snookies' punishment. I don't even know who she is or what channel her show is on, so i have never seen it.

The shot: crazy...marriage proposals??!

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  12. Saera El Paso, TX

The cigar guy's face was hilarious, really, but... he lives at home.. and he's thirty....

October 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  13. Cessy - Chicago

Snooki signing autographs for community service? her signature has value? Puh-leaZeee!!

October 11, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Lori

They give south Jersey a bad name.

October 11, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  15. Sue R. Canton MI.

I think there could be more to Tiffany Hartley's story. I hope they recover her husbands body so that she and her family can find some type of closure.

October 11, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Libby

Lori, that picture of the guy with the cigar is bizarre!

October 11, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  17. David, Indiana

Good evening Anderson, Isabel, Emily, Starr, Megan, Nicole, Sree, everyone. Sorry to be late.

Did why the Hartleys were in Mexican waters come up?

October 11, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  18. Lori

Anderson, I would like to know, why was the cigar smoker was dressed up that way to watch golf?

October 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  19. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Can the lake be dragged to find David Hartley?

I truly feel sorry for his wife. Although she may come across as composed, i feel she is stoic and trying to do the right thing for her husband.

I'm glad that Mexico is participating finally.

And i do believe that Mrs. Hartley consistent TV appearances have spurred Mexico to get involved, but precious time was wasted before they did so.

October 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  20. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

My heart goes to Tiffany Hartley, But Mexican officals are going arrest 2 suspects, I hope. I hope will find a body of David Hartley bring home.....

October 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  21. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Why did she let his body go?

October 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  22. Sandy

I have a question, please don't jump on me for asking.
    How in the world did the wife escape and as she is saying now on your show they had a gun pointed on her. How did she get away and them shoot her husband? It all sounds odd.

October 11, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  23. Sharon Hastings

I want to give Tiffany the benefit of the doubt and hope they find her husband's body. She seems so strong and calm on television. I don't think I would be able to be that way.

October 11, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  24. Karin

Power corrupts. Sheriff Arpaio's ego appears to have gotten the better of him. He lost his moral compass.

October 11, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  25. Kenya

I feel bad for Mrs. Hartley...there's been some doubt raised regarding this case and her story. Time will tell.
    Goodnight everyone, be well.

October 11, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  26. carla

i didn't see anything but there were three boats...10 feet away and i din't recognize anyone...nope not me

October 11, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  27. Lori

I wonder where the jet ski is?

October 11, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  28. mary

i hope this is true story cause i really feel bad for her if thats what really went down...

October 11, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  29. Nancy in Oregon

What a strange case. What happened on that lake?

October 11, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  30. Sandy

Anderson Cooper I want to thank you for being such a great News Reporter. Your show is the Most Fair and Balanced that I have watched in so many, many years. Other News reporters on other stations can not compare. They have shows with their view points and will not allow or will make fun of some that get on their shows that do not share their view of things. Most of all they only do a put down of our President. I am not a Democrat or Republican and I like to hear the truth, not a News reporters truth. For the views you bring from both sides and the rest of us I Thank You very Much. You have given me the chance to listen to the News with a true report, so I do not have to go on the net and search for the Truth. Please Keep up your good Work. Sandy in AZ

October 11, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  31. Nancy in Oregon

Yes, I'm with you Starr. Originally I admired the sheriff's gumption. The past period of time, though, I think he's almost become carried away with his own image.

October 11, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  32. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I am glad that investigation are looking for Sheriff Arpaio who have own abuse of power, he was wrong thing to do!!! I commended for jury investigates against sheriff Arpaio!

October 11, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  33. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Gary's report was great! I hope he gets to interview one of the Chilean miners. The miners and their families are so brave.

Gary always covers the important stories.

October 11, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  34. carla

the sherriff thought he was in the wil wild west.....and he got away with it for years

October 11, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  35. Colleen

Sheriff has a posse!

(and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian posters.. )

October 11, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  36. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Initially, (several yrs. ago) i enjoyed Joe Arpaio.

However, in the last 2 yrs. he has become truly obnoxious and dangerous.

I had no idea that Sherrif Arpaio was so vindictive! Abusing his "power" is an understatement.

He needs to be retired.
    Terrific report by Drew Griffin!!

October 11, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  37. Libby

Makes you wonder if Sheriff Arpaio is really the "toughest Sheriff in America" ... or if he's actually "The most corrupt Sheriff in America" :-O

October 11, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  38. Sue R. Canton MI.

It seems to me that Sherrif Joe Arpaio has taken his position of power a bit to far.
    I'm curious to see how far this investigation will go.

October 11, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  39. Karin

It's only natural as parents we want to want protect children, however, one cannot protect them from reality. Homosexuality has always existed, if hidden for many years. The key is to educate our children in an honest way instead of shielding them from its existence. There are many kinds of love and it is not exclusive of the love between a man and a woman. Love between people, regardless of genders what is important.

October 11, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  40. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

It gives a new meaning to "a new sheriff in town!"

October 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  41. Nicole The Netherlands

for a moment I thought Isha was speaking Dutch, we say aluminium here (!)
    Good to see her back!

October 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  42. Lori

That is devastating. It is so costly to have to hire an attorney to defend yourself.

October 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  43. Sharon Hastings

This Sheriff acts like a megalomaniac on a huge power trip. Didn't he say something like "bring it on" when asked some time ago about this investigation?

October 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  44. Kenya

Sheriff Arpaio is plain scary. Are these the kind of people we would want running things? Don't think so.

October 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  45. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Isha,
    Welcome back again, we missed you al times, you made us laugh all times. 🙂

October 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  46. Libby

Might be time for Sheriff Arpaio to hang up the gun & badge!

October 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  47. Lori

Don't pink things cost more?

October 11, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  48. carla

you have no right in jail....that's why it jail
    is jail