August 12th, 2010

Dr. Laura's N-Word Rant: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on 360°, Doctor Laura Schlessinger's n-word rant. What she said to an African American caller on her radio show about race, interracial marriage, and the N-Word over and over again. And what she is saying about it now. Plus, keeping them honest, more on the allegations of terror babies taking aim at the U.S. You'll hear from the Congressman who claims he got the information from a former FBI.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Jane - Vt

I use to really like Dr. Laura years ago. She sure has changed in the last few years. What happened to her?

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  2. Carlos Figueroa

Anderson,

I admire your patience. The longer this congressman talks the more he shows he has no evidence to support what is clearly another way to attack immigrants. I can't believe he was a judge! That's a scary thought!

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  3. Shelly

Oh My Lord! Dr. Laura is CRAZY!!!

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  4. Jennifer

That man was very angry and rude.

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  5. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I can't stand Dr. Laura, but let's be honest here she didn't call anyone the "n" word, she pointed out that blacks say it all the time.

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  6. Bill Givens

Wow...just further proof that Texas has always been an asylum for nut-case politicians. You handled hm well (at least as well as you can handle an irrational person).

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  7. Ashley

I hope I never hear her name again. I miss Dear Abby.

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  8. R Thomas

On one hand, Laura brings up a point...many blacks do permit themselves to use the N word...and would take great offense when used by a white person. that is true, and very confusing to many whites. Oprah held a show with the cast of Crash and this subject was discussed passionately. I think Oprah did a good job explaining the sensitivity to this term. We are still struggling with race issues.

Laura suffers with a superiority complex. I am sure some day, the cracks in her pot will be more evident.

(Middle age, white, anti-racist!)

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  9. Emily

@Emily J.,
    "Wow this Texas congressman makes the rest of us Texans look very stupid."

I thought that Debbie Riddle was bad; he's was even worse. I don't think that everyone in Texas is like that...I really hope that people who do not have all these conspiracy theories will be elected next time.

August 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  10. cicly

how 'bout two examples of compassion from laura the doctor, a bit of empathy maybe?

11. dana graham

Thank you for maintaining!! I live in Texas and am truly ashamed of the Congressman you just interviewed. Wow, what an idiot.

You're a decent person, and I have tremendous respect for you and the job you do. Take care!

12. Gerard Mc Ardle, Belfast & Drogheda

Re; the Senator..."Who let the dog out? Does he think terrorists are going to wait 20 years before they attack US again, or even cities in Europe? Simple answer, No.

As regards Dr Mouthorgan (Schlessinger), she shouldn't be playing bum notes.

13. Janis Hewitt

Oh, Dr. Schlessinger. Not cool.

14. Lee Boonma

What kind of DR did this person recieve? She talked like a 3rd grade person.

15. Cozella

He looked like he wanted to cry because he couldn't get Anderson to back down.
    Thank you for following up Anderson.
    Please don't let people tell lies and get away with it.

Dr. Laura is very disappointing. She's was mean to this woman and she shows that streak pretty often on her show. Her bias against Blacks and Pres. Obama shone through.

16. Carlyn, Dominica

He just seemed like some one who is filled with conspiracy theories. No Evidence, quick to take offence.. More was expected.

17. Jac-O

Wow-talk about behavior unbecoming of a congress member. First time I have ever witnessed you breaking your own rule (granted, there was not much of a choice, other than let him rant and rave). The congressman and his camp should be thoroughly embarrassed as he certainly did not serve his party or country well this evening.

18. Patricia

Oh my God – what the heck was that! Anderson I have been watching news through you for many years and I have never seen such an awful interview on the part of the interviewee, that Republican on scare stories 'advocated' in the House. I have a headache! Sorry you had to go through that. And he was a judge....

19. Zeb Minas

Dr. Laura is crazy! This is why we need some stricter standards for talk radio.

20. Chanie Robinson

Don't be outrage that is who she and many others are. Hypersentive is the world hates Americans are. Dr. Laura Schlessinger is who she is except her and many and manny others.

21. Libby

Wow, I really have to praise Anderson's ability to keep calm during interviews like that.

I was sure getting upset by all the screaming that man was doing.

22. Fred Hauser

The idea of terror babies is feasible, it will be a while before we begin to have the proof.

August 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  23. Nicole The Netherlands

Let us all remember that the intelligence agencies failed with (before) 9/11...
    If this is an real treath this will be looked into...
    I do hope (and believe) that things have changed!
    Here the national security service had his own extremist website for half an year to get an view on things going on..

August 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  24. Shelly

Of couse she doesn't think is racist, she is not exposed to racism!

August 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  25. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Lisa in Louisville,KY, " I feel like I'm living in a bad issue of "The National Enquirer!"

That is exactly how I feel!

August 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  26. Chad

good evening ac and everyone. first time user on here so i'm kinda late. wanted to get in on the terror baby thing but i can do this one too

August 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  27. John

Way to go Anderson. You were at your best tonight!

August 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  28. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

When people use the N – word, they are not hurting anyone, but they are only hurting themselves!

August 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  29. Mary - Philadelphia

Love the cool, collected response to the crazy man! Go Anderson!

30. Amreena Hussain

Thank you thank you Anderson for not backing down!

31. Heather - Spokane, WA

I now have a headache from that guy

32. art

My Goodness!! I have never, ever heard a guest like the one that was just on with, Anderson. This guy is a Congressman? I have a headache from his browbeating performance, and he never said a thing worth listening to.

33. Shih128

Now I am waiting for Dr. Laura, here we go!

34. mary t

OMG, that was a wild interview. Gohmert is a complete loon!! This guy used to be a JUDGE??? That is unreal. Shouldn't an office of the court have some concept of the rules of LOGIC?

35. Terry Mutuku, Toronto

Nothing made sense at all!1 even if he had any evidence at all, thats not the way to talk on national TV. Freedom of speech doesn't mean personal attack!! Geetz, talk of challenges of journalism!! keep your cool Anderson. Don't loose it!!

36. Pete

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm amazed that this irrational man is a member of congress!

37. Shelly

Incredible how this woman is still selling books, and how many continue to listen to her...

38. toyin

And they say racism is dead. Deep down inside many of these people are raving racists... Just like the looneys screaming about anchor / terror babies... Their fear of people of color is so misplaced...

39. Guy, TX

We better get rid of politicians like this one!!!

40. Cat

A word is a word. She didn't call anyone the N word. She said black people say it all the time, and words do not belong exclusively to one group. Words belong to all of us. It is a personal choice if you chose to use or not use any word.

41. Graham. C

Anderson, I believed you handled that conversation very well. I do not understand how government officials can go on rants on live T.V with no proof.

42. David, Indiana

Good evening Anderson, Isabel, Emily, Starr, Megan, Sree, Nicole, everyone.

I don't understand much about birth tourism. What is the Washington Post article?

Does seem like there's a question of context in what Rep. Gohmert is talking about.

I agree with pressing the congressman on the question of evidence but talking over eachother makes it impossible to follow what is being said and asked.

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  43. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Cessy – Chicago

Anderson: can I vote for you as my CNN hero???

NO, Sorry!! 😉

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  44. Charlotte

Anderson you handle yourself like the pro you are . You are great!!!

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  45. Rubben

Anderson, I'm glad you let him have it. This is why I hate politics, republicans and democrats. Please keep keeping them honest.

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  46. vic , nashville tn

Congressman didn’t have evidence , he didn’t want to respect us shame on him

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  47. Marissa

That was brilliant, way to keep it together Anderson I'm not sure that guy realizes how outlandish he sounds...I would have laughed out loud

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  48. Aziz- saudi arabia

when you apply for a US visa from saudi arabia or any arab country or any terror related country, ur asked to provide info on every member of your family.. its all investigated thoroughly for months, if your family is related to any one who is in turn related to any one with any possible terrorist relations, you can forget about ever getting a visa..
    that system makes it almost impossible for terrorists to send their preganant wives to the US... does this representative even know the process of getting visas to his own country???

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  49. Gene Issimo

She does not understand what sensitivity means. You cant make a child strong by beating the crap out of him. I hope the apology is sincere

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  50. Mary Bourland

Anderson, I can't believe you haven't just busted out laughing while trying to talk to the 2 Texas "congresspeople." I thought it was horrific last night with Debbie Riddle, and tonight it was even worse. I'm embarrassed to be from Texas.

August 12, 2010 at 10:17 pm |