August 10th, 2010

Terror Babies?: Join the Live Chat

Have you heard what some lawmakers are now claiming that immigrants are coming here, having babies, then raising them to be terrorists? We're keeping them honest. Plus, an up close look at how kids see race in America. And, we talk with a witness to the meltdown by the JetBlue flight attendant.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Monica

She was addicted to McDonalds and going thru withdrawal or she has bad pregnancy cravings.

August 10, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Karin Urban from Berlin/Germany

I love to see Anderson smile – I missed it for a long time.
    Good night everyone!

August 10, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Scott - CT

Well said Jan Miller!!! Truer words were never spoken!!

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Libby, Anchorage ~

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.. Thanks Anderson & crew! 😀

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Kay Eke

There is a lot of important dialog about immigration and its reformation that could take place. Regretfully, the relentless attack on babies and mothers who happened to be living in the US, albit undocumented, is taking the eyes off the ball. And those who are doing so viciously are not discussing in good faith. Neither would they if they are in a position to legistate.

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Richard Sorensen

Terrorist babies! I'm sure terrorist leaders can conceive of simpler and quicker ways of attacking the USA. This would take a decade or two to yield one terrorist. Far easier and immediate to recruit impressionable disenchanted youth/adults who could be trained in months. This theory is on the lunatic fringe. I doubt we will ever see the "proof" she is gathering. It's just an attack on her opponents to gain attention, and attention she'll get, but not the kind she wants. I feel sorry for Riddle, does she have any idea how this makes her look.

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Sharon Hastings

Good night everyone. A great program Anderson. I needed a few good laughs. I love 360!!!!!.

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Michelle

The propaganda is astounding! The first duty of government is to protect our sovereignty. Our border, our rights a citizens. These rights we pay for with taxes and sometimes our sons and fathers. Yet the government has failed miserably for decades. The result. Schools with such high levels of children that don’t speak English that it overwhelms their budgets. Hospitals so overrun by non US citizens receiving and not paying for healthcare that it overwhelms their budgets. Health insurance skyrockets. The entrance and then rise of South American gangs here in the US (ask anyone in law enforcement). The rise of kidnaping in border cities in the United States. Drugs being freely passed over the border. Why is it news to reduce the argument to one unlikely scenario of great harm that might happen when there are so many that have already happened and continue every day Would it matter if tomorrow the FBI announced finding papers from Terrorists announcing the plot of terror babies. I doubt it none of the other grave consequences matter. Its about near slave labor and a new voting block. We were sold along time ago. But we are waking up.

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Enrique Icaza

OK, Watching the lady from Texas was one of the most absurd things I've seen in a while. A grown person in her position of authority and influence flat out lying and taking a role in a fabricated story to get a political agenda (why am I surprised?) pushed through. Linking terrorists and illegal immigrants is desperate. But, I guess in her defense her group feel like it's come to such tactics in order to get things moving in their direction. But MAN, I was laughing. I loved it when she got angry about being asked for the evidence. Anderson, you weren't even pushing her, you were just asking a simple question. Amazing the immaturity of ranking officials that make decisions for citizens. It's people like her that give politicians a bad name.

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! "McDonald rolling like that?"

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  11. Roslyn

Keep Them Honest Anderson... I love You and Your show. Why? Because they can not Speak over you..

August 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  12. Nikki Jones

Debbie Riddle is doing all that talking about ALIENS! She had them working for her at her ranch in Tomball... A husband and wife. He took care of her horses and the wife cleaned the ranch she owns.

How dare she use them and then go DUMB!!

She was part of the group who passed the darn HORSE RACING in TEXAS pass and it failed just like the Republican party is FAILING!!

Those PEOPLE are only interested in what will make them money!!

August 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Brad Ohio

Good night Anderson & all. Once again, Thanks for Keeping them Honest!

August 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Nicole The Netherlands

@ David Gergen. David I am big fan!
    And from the outside looking in, I think illegal immigration is an real problem which has to be adressed, the sooner the better.
    But I also think there should be some kind of legislation for the people who have been illegal and working in the U.S. for plus 10 years or 15 years or.. Something....
    People are now living in fear. and uncertainty..

August 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  15. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Good night Anderson and bloggers Emily, Mike (formerly from Syracuse), Nancy, Nicole, Sree, and Megan

August 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  16. Samantha Rowley - Nashville, TN

Great show tonight AC360!
    Have a great evening Anderson and bloggers.

(The nuggets lady looks drunk...hmmm)

August 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  17. Sue R. Canton MI.

Goodnight AC360 Team and fellow bloggers.
    Great show tonight Anderson.

Stay safe everyone.

August 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  18. Dee

I think this is a bigger problem than Democrats(far left) and Republicans (far right) can deal with. Free healthcare, I work 40 hrs a week and pay rent and can't afford to go to the doctor, I have a pretty fair job, and have healthcare, but can't afford to go to the doctor and I can't get on anything for free!!
    I wish I cold find an in the middle of the road news program, not here in US!!

August 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm |