July 14th, 2010

Sound Off: Your comments 7/13/10

Editor's Note: After Tuesday's show, feedback was overwhelmingly about Haiti. Viewers appreciated Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta going back to Haiti and following up on what is going on there. Many thanks were heard for the segment following the monies that were pledged and the actual given amounts from the different countries and plenty were disgusted to hear about the donated food and other items that are stuck in warehouses or at airports not being allowed to be distributed to those that need it.
________________________________

Thank you for all the coverage regarding Haiti – I am deeply saddened to see and hear of the delays and its impact on the Haitian People. Please continue your coverage. Hug the children and those who are hurting – they deserve better. God Bless the people of Haiti.

Anderson, I commend you for "keeping them honest." However, as I sit here in the comfort of my living room, with a roof over my head, food in my belly, my children safe in their beds, I find myself yelling at the TV with a mixture of total frustration, disbelief and outrage that food sits in warehouses, equipment stands idle, and promised monies have not been delivered, most shamefully from my country, the United States of America, due to what? I still cannot comprehend what? Petty corruption? Seriously? That's the reason? Or an inability for various factions to coordinate? And you mean to tell me that not one so-called "super power” like my own country, cannot intervene, simply on the basis of basic human compassion? Appalling.

Dear Anderson, What you and Dr. Sanjay are doing is incredibly important. No one else is going to do this. Don't stop. You've made me really respect CNN. Thanks.

The program on Haiti is great. It shows that the government is not doing what it should to help its citizens. No money should be given to line their pockets.

Filed under: Behind The Scenes
  1. John

Haiti has been, is, and probably for a long time, will be an example of inefficiency, ineffectiveness, incompetence, partisanship, dirty politics, and hooliganism. It is not a member of the poorest nations in the world by accident. Has anyone asked why its neighbor, on the same island with like resources, does so much better? The leadership is too corrupt and too dishonest to be able to lead Haiti out of its present extreme misery.

July 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm |
  2. Donna Wood

Thank you Anderson Cooper, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, and everyone else there in Haiti for the honest, gutsy reporting of the plight of Haiti and its people. You know its not just there in Haiti, its everywhere CNN has ever been. You never fail to bring us the news as its happening and how it affects us all. Thanx!

July 14, 2010 at 4:45 pm |
  3. Barbara Murray

I learned of food storage in Haiti this AM from Tony Harris, I am shocked, appalled, and sickened by this situation. Who is going to take responsibility for this, and actually DO something about it?????

July 14, 2010 at 2:14 pm |
  4. Hermos from Tampa, FL

Thank you AC for keeping them honest. Your post quake coverage on Haiti for the past two have been outstanding. In Haiti, it is common that incompetent presidential leaders like the current one (Preval) get elected by bribing the starved population with food in order to get their vote. I'm convinced that all the food that's being stored in those football field sized storages were going to be distributed right before the next presidential election in November. In the meantime, children are dying of hunger. It is so sad...There is no accountability.

Now that President Clinton is involved, I'm hopeful things will get better.

July 14, 2010 at 12:56 pm |
  5. Terry

Anderson – You are the BEST journalist in todays world. Keep up the fantastic work. Your hard work ethic and unbiased reporting is refreshing beyond words.

July 14, 2010 at 12:11 pm |
  6. LUCILLE in Canada

Yesterday I had a call from UNICEF asking for a donation for Haiti relief. When I see their storage facilities packed with food and deteriorating medical supplies sitting there, while adults dither about transferring them to hungrey orphanages.. do you think I will donate? NOT likely !
    If roads make transport a problem , has anyone thought about loaded helicopters delivering the goods ? DUH

July 14, 2010 at 11:34 am |
  7. Jason from St. Augustine, FL

Anderson: The reporting that you and your team does is intelligent and informative. CNN is the lone model for relevent responsible news gathering on television. Keep up the great work.

July 14, 2010 at 11:18 am |
  8. Pat Rockel

Dear Mr. Anderson Cooper:
    Are you aware that you look like Julius Caesar? No doubt you share many of his traits-he was a prolific traveler, tenacious, among other things...he also married three times.
    I enjoy 360 but you sometimes belabour the point.
    Check out Julius' skills. You might find yourself . Good-luck.

July 14, 2010 at 11:11 am |
  9. Lesley

Thanks for putting Haiti back in the news. We've all been consumed by this oil spill, rightfully so, but their devastation has fallen back in the shadows. Please keep us all updated on the progress. GREAT WORK!

July 14, 2010 at 10:59 am |
  10. Bruce Brodowich

Dear Anderson.. Been sitting in NewOrleans hoping to meet you. How many people can say there tv hero is a news reporter. Your continued coverage of Haiti is SO important! Thanks for the info ony lame Canadian government for not sending money yet.
    I will say that Costco (my employer) (we) have donated thru payroll and donations! As well as many other Canadian charities
    Take a pat on the back from me... Your work is extremely important. Thankyou

July 14, 2010 at 10:16 am |