July 14th, 2010

BP Prepares to Test New Cap: Join the Live Chat

Anderson is back in the Gulf tonight and has breaking developments on the plan to test the new containment cap in the Gulf of Mexico. Plus, the raw politics of the NAACP's resolution blasting Tea Party 'racism' and more.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Sharon Hastings

Oh that is the cutest dog!!!! Good night everyone. Great blog.

July 14, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Sleep Well!

July 14, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Sue R. Canton MI.

Goodnight AC360 Team and fellow bloggers.

Thank you Anderson and team for being the voices for so many people that need to be heard. ( and the animals)
    Stay safe everyone.

July 14, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Kenya

We will donate cages! Send some of those precious little pets up hear to Minnesota!!

July 14, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Merl, Ohio

Thank you Anderson, and good night to all bloggers.

July 14, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Michael Armstrong Sr.

Those dogs are cute but I dont think my Bunnys would jive with them .

July 14, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Heather - Spokane, WA

I have two pets and I would starve so they have food. My pets are not disposable. i would love to adopt one of those pets. Looks like Anderson may have to adopt Finnegan 🙂

July 14, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  8. Monica

@Mike, I totally agree with you inregards to the UN in Haiti. They also need a communication network built by fast IT task force.

July 14, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  9. Lori from CA

It would be really awful to have to give up your dog because you can not afford to food.

July 14, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  10. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

One thing we did not need was more unwanted pets. What an eye opener! I hope these get adopted! Thanks Randi for remembering our four legged best friends. So sad for the families who had to give up a family member.
    Another example how BP has let the sun go down on so much life.

July 14, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Joan in Connecticut

Oh gosh, poor animals. How sad to have to give up your pet!

Good night all.

July 14, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  12. lisal -canada

nite all

July 14, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  13. Linda in Arizona

I don't quite get it. I don't care what my circumstances were, I would find a way to keep my dogs. How much does a bag of dogfood COST?

July 14, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  14. Merl, Ohio

I feel bad for the people having to give up "family members" pets. Because of financial resons. But millions throughout the U.S. and other countries are having financial problems also.

July 14, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  15. Sree Nanduru, Richmond, VA

Anderson, it is possible to have them shipped to where ever we are so that we can adopt?

May be the airlines can do it as a good will or lets have BP pay for the transportation...

July 14, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I would go without food before I would give up my pet!

July 14, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  17. Aleta Pahl

Thank You Anderson for showing so many more of the innocent victims of the Gulf catastrophe... the poor dogs and cats.

It is another supreme tragedy.

July 14, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  18. Sree Nanduru, Richmond, VA

I come from a 3rd world country and I understand what life is at times when calamity hits. If not that, when corruption and poverty live around you, its really hard.

Things will change, but as the sentiment changes, governments do learn and will get better!

July 14, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  19. Kenya

I'm just wondering, can't the leaders of these agencies down there in Haiti just get together in a panel and relay to each other what the problem is and what needs to be done. This miscommunication or lack thereof is just causing more suffering to the Haitian people, on top of the corruption going on.
    Goodnight world. Mr. Cooper you are just so adorable with that puppy! 🙂

July 14, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  20. mark

gimmee that cute black puppy anderson!

July 14, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  21. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Those poor children begging for food. I cannot understand how Preval is allowed to stay in power.

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  22. Lori from CA

Looks like Anderson has a new friend!

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  23. Heather - Spokane, WA

@Laura, that is a good idea, I think they should use that!

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  24. Michael Armstrong Sr.

We are not in Haiti to overthrow a government but instead we are there to help restore there lives we need to involve the United Nations a bit more .

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  25. Sophia Garcia

I've never wanted to be a cute little black puppy until just now! ;0)

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  26. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson,
    You are holding black puppy!!! Awwww!!! I love my favorite dogs and cats, would you like to adopt them, Can I?????? 🙂

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  27. Nicole The Netherlands

Evening everyone. What a great show tonight, had some problems getting on the blog unfortanately...
    Thankyou Anderson, think you will be bringing home that puppy..
    Thankyou AC360 Team for keeping our eyes on Haiti and the way the distrubution doesn´t- work

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  28. Monica M. Williams

OOOOHHHHHHHHH, I want that doggy! Send him to Ohio. : )

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  29. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

What's up with the K-9?

July 14, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  30. Samantha Rowley - Nashville, TN

What a cute puppy! I think you found a new friend Anderson 🙂

July 14, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  31. Aj

Hi there, I would like to give my two cents regarding the Haiti relieve efforts, I saw your program when CNN was talking to the director of the Haitian custom department, Anderson could you please remind him, that the world and the NGO's are doing a humanitarian relieve effort and should he not realize that custom duties and other documentation requirement could be expedited or waived out for certain groups of NGO's that are trying to do their best out there in Haiti, and the custom department does not need to be hard on such cases. This is just simply bull crap and I was infuriated by the directors reactions when asked questions.

July 14, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  32. Giselle

There are alot of factors involved. More resources are needed in Haiti Period! The government might have issues, but so does the rest of the world when wealthier countries ignore their pledges they stated they were going to honor and fail to work with the governnent. Bottom Line, Haiti needs a Marshall Plan! Why is it that Western Europe is deserving of the plan after a war, however, after an natural disease, Haiti is not considered for the same plan. That is want is needed.

July 14, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  33. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Cute little lab! How could anyone abandon their pet?

July 14, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  34. Sue R. Canton MI.

God bless these little children. ,,,,,,and Thanks to all the people who are trying their best to care for them....Shame on the people involved in withholding the food that they so badly need.

July 14, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  35. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

The are getting food; I will be happy, too!

July 14, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  36. Sharon Hastings

Obviously they need lots of people doing what Sanjay just did in coordinating food coming to that orphanage. Of course it helps that there is a TV crew filming.

July 14, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  37. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Sree Nanduru, Richmond, VA

Kudos to all these volunteers – they have left their own families and every one else behind to be in Haiti!

I agree, Sree!!!!! 🙂

July 14, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  38. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Wild, they don't have mates for the children to sleep!

July 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  39. Heather - Spokane, WA

I would be more than happy to give that baby a name

July 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  40. Laura in Norman, Ok.

I was curious why couldn't the rubble from the Haiti earthquake be hauled to the gulf coast to use as a retaining walls or something?
    I figured something could start happening in Haiti to clean up and re-build. And using the rubble in the Gulf might help keep the oil from doing more damage. Every time I watch your show my heart breaks
    for the people in Haiti and the Gulf Coast. I wish someone would step up and take charge.
    I love your program.

July 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  41. deb northeast ohio

Trucks, food, med supplies are stockpiled and not being given to the people because of extortion by whom?

July 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  42. Tracy Brown - Canada

Give me a break. Slow, corrupt or not, the last thing Haiti needs is to have their government overthrown.

July 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  43. Michael Armstrong Sr.

That lady must have alot of love in her heart to do what she is for those kids .

July 14, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  44. Lori from CA

I really do not understand why the orphanage can not give that child a name.

July 14, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  45. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Great report by Gary once again!

July 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  46. Jim Boarman

Anderson, keep the pressure on BP & the Gov't until this leak is stopped.

July 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  47. Starr, formerly known as vincent

@Mike

I still support your idea about Haiti and the UN. If we wrote to our Gov and our Representative at the UN, do you think it would do any good?

July 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  48. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Cessy,
    Yes, They are real fees.

July 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  49. Fern

Anderson, Thank you for finally telling the story about the voiceless victim of the Gulf oil spill - family pets.

Thank you so much!

July 14, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  50. pipoyo

where is the money collect at port entry went. Keep them honest. They are corrupted, and they want money from those NGO since they are the one who blocked them from getting any aid. Preval should open a fast line for emergency and ngo in this trouble time.
    money, money, hope he has a paper trail on its spending before leaving office. This is corruption at the base by slowing thing in order to control and create fear and chaos like they love it chaos for personal gain

July 14, 2010 at 10:47 pm |