July 13th, 2010
  1. jean

hi ac ilove what you do and continue to do for haiti. good job
    my hope is one day the (tps) would change to green card for those haitians please help us.

July 13, 2010 at 3:54 pm |
  2. Herbert

Great job Anderson.
    What can I do to help out. I'm a civil engineer, unemployed for the last 15 months. I have contacted many NGO's, Red Cross, UN-Habitat, you name it. And I never got a response.

I rather go there and help than sitting all day long watching CNN.

Herbert
    Los Angeles

July 13, 2010 at 3:19 pm |
  3. Kevin , FL

Where is OUR Billion Dollar Crisis relief and New Jobs?

July 13, 2010 at 1:06 pm |
  4. Lilibeth

Dear Anderson, on behalf of the people in Haiti, thank you so much for not forgetting them. Your report on what's going on there, your own experience about being charged a tax for bringing in your own equipment, really explains why the recovery has been very slow. The corruption has been endemic in this country for so long, and has to stop if we are to see any progress at all. I can't wait to hear more of your reports on this. This is the kind of stuff the world needs to know but don't hear about. Thanks again for caring and stay safe.

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

July 13, 2010 at 12:24 pm |
  5. karl

Get Sean Penn out of there and I may begin to take this effort seriously enough to donate.

July 13, 2010 at 12:19 pm |
  6. Mary

I, too, would like to know where and how all the donations to date have/are being spent. Despite Sean Penn's pleas, not all of us can afford to keep donating when we already have done so, and will end up being a liability to our own country/government if we keep this up without adequate accounting of where the money is going. Obviously, these folks still need a great deal of help, but it is difficult to set our own priorities when we don't have all the facts. I would be happy to try to carve out and donate more from my very little discretionary income, if I could be sure it was going to the Haitian people and not getting tied up in red tape. Where can we find an accounting, Anderson? Thanks for your good and very necessary reporting.

July 13, 2010 at 12:18 pm |
  7. Jane E Guinn

I talked to an Orthopedic Surgeon, who had volunteered and went to Haiti, just yesterday – and asked him if he intended to go back.

His response was 'No – no one is going back due to the taxes that the Haitian government is imposing on the doctors and the services they are providing.'

Is that correct?

July 13, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
  8. Jennifer - Michigan

Hi there,
    It's crazy the way the Haitian government hit you guys up for $1k in taxes for brining relief equipment!! Unbelieveable. There's a complete disconnect with their own people – coupled with corruption. Is someone trying to line their pocket or what? What a mess. Hope you can find out where this money is being used – it's obviously not being distributed properly (if at all). Hope you have a good day, thanks for all you do.

July 13, 2010 at 11:28 am |
  9. Jason

Give 1 trillion to Haiti today and there will be 15 million people begging for help by 2020.

Does anyone really think it can be fixed from the outside?

July 13, 2010 at 11:17 am |
  10. elaine c., ambler, pa

Hi Anderson,
    Glad you are following up on relief efforts in Haiti. I just don't understand all the red tape issues, both in Haiti and New Orleans. Someone higher up in the chain of command must be able to have some authority to initiate decisions. Each disaster is different, but we also don't need to be reinventing the wheel at every disaster site. Sounds to me like it is more lawyers, corruption and egos getting in the way. And people are dieing for it.

Keep up the good work all.
    Elaine