July 12th, 2010

Sean Penn to join Anderson Cooper tonight

Anderson Cooper | BIO
AC360° Anchor

Tonight Sean Penn will talk to Anderson about how relief is reaching Haitians and whether or not the situation has improved. Penn has been working in Haiti since the earthquake with his organization, the J/P Haitian Relief Organization.

The mission of J/P HRO is to “save lives and bring relief to the Haitian people quickly and effectively.”

Learn more about what the organization is doing in Haiti here..

Filed under: Haiti Earthquake
  1. Jason

I think that Sean Penn; Along with all of his time and effort; He truely is a man who has shown everyone around the world that he is a crusader in an effort to help the Haitian people. Now what bother's me the most is how the efforts to rebound from this enviromental disaster is delayed. This even goes beyond the Media, and they hype of it's reporter's too. I believe the Government of Haiti, even in a state where it's paralyzed, their government is to blame as well. But the WORLD in itself should share the blunt of all of this, and everyone should try to help in one form or another. One idea.... Why do they not try to re-build thier country just like SanFrancisco did in the early 1900's from the catastrophic quake that leveled it. Take all of that rubble, and push it out into the bays,gradually compact it, and back fill dirt over it for expansion. If they can take sand/silt from the oceans in Dubai to put million dollar condo's on the palm's retreat, they could do that over all the rubble. Take the money and put the people to work that want to survive and have shelter dammit!

July 13, 2010 at 11:55 am |
  2. susan moore

Anderson you're awesome and Bravo to Sean Penn for all his efforts and time to help the Haitians. Very good story. And Thanks for all your work and time you dedicate to give America your stories.

July 13, 2010 at 5:13 am |
  3. Joan Gray

I was watching the CNN special with Anderson Cooper on Haiti. Anderson interviewed Sean Penn. Sean said if people are not comfortable donating money to charities for Haiti. he would personally find a family for ordinary people like myself to adopt. I am very interested in adopting a family. I am disgusted with the way things are in Haiti. I was one of those harding working people who made a donation through my credit card. I don't want to give my money to any charities anymore. The people are not getting the money. I want to give my money directly to a family. Please contact me.

July 12, 2010 at 11:36 pm |
  4. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That will be good program. I can't wait watch Bill Clinton interview with you, Anderson!!!!!!!!! I am really impressed my heart, People are helping each other around this city! I like it! 🙂

July 12, 2010 at 9:40 pm |
  5. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

I am anxious for the interview with former President Bill Clinton. I think this will be very good.

July 12, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  6. Annie Kate

I was extremely impressed with all they have managed to do looking at the website. Given the chaos that was Haiti in the first few weeks and months after the earthquake the degree of organization that the accomplishments represent is impressive and the amount of hard work it represents is almost unimaginable. My thanks go to Sean Penn and his coworkers – they have certainly been a lifesaver for many people in Haiti.

July 12, 2010 at 4:39 pm |