June 17th, 2010
  1. Katherine Pauley

Nice job AC. This piece deeply touched my heart.

June 17, 2010 at 4:44 pm |
  2. Debra

I don't really care what the BP chaiman said or meant to say. I was moved by Mr. Cooper's outstanding discription of the people of Louisana, they make me proud to be American. God bless them. Also Mr. Cooper please continue to write, your book was perfection.

June 17, 2010 at 4:26 pm |
  3. Dave

This one is a miss your you Anderson. He's from England. He was trying to say he cared about the people of the Gulf region, and he used words that were appropriate back home, but not here. You should have let it slide instead of making a big deal about it in an already bad situation.

June 17, 2010 at 4:02 pm |
  4. Katherine, Louisville KY

Anderson was just trying to stick up for the people in the Gulf that are tierd of the way BP talks about them. He pointed out that he might have made a mistake when he said "small people", but he also pointed out that the people in the Gulf deserve better than that. Aint nothing wrong with that.

June 17, 2010 at 3:36 pm |
  5. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Poor choice of words but just pay up.

June 17, 2010 at 2:47 pm |
  6. Debra

Anderson "gets it". Unfortunately, most people don't. I've been really proud of the way CNN has stayed on the story but I was particularly proud of Anderson last night during this piece. Anderson, you guys rock!

June 17, 2010 at 2:34 pm |
  7. D Bush

I truly believe they are afraid of you Anderson, they know you will want them to give straight answers and they are not willing to do that, because the truth is not in their nature. I think that the BP chairman meant people who are not in the Million dollar club, they consider all of the blue collar people who work hard and make an honest wage ... See Morebeneath them, therefore they don't see them as significant. More over they see most of the workers, small businesses, and individuals replaceable. If the average worker complains, they feel they are easily replaced. And that mentality is why I feel they are only interested in damage control. I did not hear any sincerity in the voices of any BP official who has spoken.

June 17, 2010 at 2:17 pm |
  8. Citizen Jane

And we care about you, Anderson! Thanks for all you do for your public, your country and the world! You can't be bought or scared off and have placed yourself in harm's way numerous times to bring us the news and "keep them honest". Please take care of yourself during this latest crisis and if the horror gets too heavy, reach out and get support. We're there for you, guy...you're our eyes and our voice! Watch your stress level and stay well!

June 17, 2010 at 2:11 pm |
  9. RRJ

Give the guy a break – English is not his first language and we would all be better served to focus on the intent of his words – which seemed sincere. I don't think there is another person in the world that wishes this hadn't happened more than this guy and the entire employee base. Let's stay focused on what is important – that they are paying and will continue to pay in reputation, lost revenue, etc (as they should!) but give this guy a break – he didn't mean it as an insult.

June 17, 2010 at 2:03 pm |
  10. roger vincent

Since congress were the ones that loosened the regulations that help caused this oil disaster, why are they (congress) not taking the heat? Congress is just as guilty as BP as I see it. Put them all in jail. Or have them, congress and BP's top dogs phisically clean the oil mess, until it all cleaned up, JUST LIKE THE WORKING PEOPLE WHO MAKE A LIVING THEIR HAVE TO.

June 17, 2010 at 1:54 pm |
  11. winter

Big deal !!

June 17, 2010 at 1:51 pm |
  12. Lina Moussa

Profit over humanity!

June 17, 2010 at 1:46 pm |
  13. Summer

By far one of my favorite Anderson moments. He is one the best reporters because he visable cares!

June 17, 2010 at 12:38 pm |
  14. M. Ray Arvand

This is truly insulting.

June 17, 2010 at 12:36 pm |
  15. Jim

If They cared they would have played by the rules& regulations & non of this would have happened in the first place. The B.O.P. would have done what it was designed to do & SHUT OFF THE OIL.

June 17, 2010 at 12:22 pm |
  16. Lee

I have to ask, if this BP leak happened in the center of the state of Texes. Flooding the whole state, homes, killing people, cattle, livestocks, crops, and we could not stop the leak just the same as we can't in the gulf.

Would we be responding the same in trying to stop it or would we be fighting it differently?

June 17, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
  17. eugenia - San Francisco

you are putting this way out of context. this guy is from where, the UK or europe. this would be how they speak.

please make a big deal about how the people who are cleaning up this nightmare need the RIGHT kind of protective gear. you are going to have a lot of sick people. my god isn't there companies that can donate this stuff.

Reverse Osmosis units that go under your sink, they will clean the drinking water.

1 hurricane is all it takes.

June 17, 2010 at 11:57 am |
  18. Jennifer - Michigan

He didn't say it in a malicious or belittleing way. I truly believe his intentions were good – it just came across bad. To be honest, I notice myself doing that very thing way to often. And I'm not foreign – too much testosterone along with feral upbrining I guess.....I continue to work on it. Sometimes at night I wake up thinking "why did I say it that way??!!" Oh well. I can sympathize – give the guy a break.

June 17, 2010 at 11:03 am |