May 6th, 2010

Nashville After the Flood: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on 360°, Anderson reports live from Nashville where residents are cleaning up after a historic flood. Plus, NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor accused of rape and more.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. wayne

We can't get nashville tv stations and just kept waiting for CNN....just knew you guys would cover the horrible situation so I could see what was going on....Thanks Anderson I can always count on you and CNN

May 6, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  2. Kathryn - Plym Mtg PA

Anderson, this is what you do so well. This interview is priceless.

May 6, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  3. Lisa in Nashville

Thank you, Anderson Cooper, for showing up in Nashville and working to get the message out about the great needs in Tennessee in the wake of this flooding. Your acknowledgment and efforts are much appreciated.

May 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  4. logan

good ol' Nashville we help our neighbors

May 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  5. Amy

Thank you for covering this Anderson. Really shows the strength of the people who live in Nashville and the strength of the God they serve. Will continue to pray for them and do everything we can to help them. Who knew water could rise so fast? God Bless them.

May 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  6. Mary Lawson

I hope Ben and all the missing animals are found.

May 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  7. Nancy Miller

Thank you Anderson Cooper for coming to Nashville. Better late than never! Nashville is always first in line to help people in need, now the shoe is on the other foot.

May 6, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  8. shonda

Thanks for coming to Nashville, I pray that u visit north Nashville Bordeaux area they got hit really bad that area has a lot of elderly that real need help. Thanks I love my city/state

May 6, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  9. Carol

Anderson, what's downtown Nashville like?

May 6, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  10. Tom

Anderson, thank you for being here in Nashville, please reiterate for the local area that we have a severe need to save water. Areas with lesser damage do not realize that because they were not directly affected that we could run out of a fresh water supply if they do not stop washing their cars and not adhering to the guidelines set by our government of HALF normal usage. Thanks again for being here and bringing light to our very dark time.

May 6, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  11. Holly

With all of the other news this week, Anderson Cooper is giving the disaster in Nashville the media attention it should have. Having lived through Katrina, I cried when I saw the pictures I have seen. I know what they are going through and my prayers are with them. Thank you, Anderson. You're the best.

May 6, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  12. Starr, formerly known as vincent

@Monica M. Williams

I agree about Anderson, he always goes to the story to keep us all well informed.

Condolences on the loss of your pet – i my heart goes out to you.

May 6, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  13. David, Indiana

Good evening Anderson, Isabel, Emily, Starr, Megan, everyone.

I knew Nashville and Tennesee had terrible flooding but you are really showing the impact on people. The city does seem to be rising but it is very important to hear how people are volunteering but also to see what people are dealing with.

May 6, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  14. Mary Lawson

Thanks for coming to Nashville!

May 6, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  15. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Mike, formerly from Syracuse, "Where is FEMA?"

Yesterday didn't Mayor Dean say FEMA was in the city? Don't forget Obama didn't declare this a disaster until four days later.

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  16. Heather from Springfield, TN

Thank you VERY much, Anderson, for coming to Middle TN and shedding a national spotlight on the flood. I am saddened by how little coverage this has received, nationally, but it is probably because we are not standing around whining and complaining about what's happened to us... we are too busy cleaning up and trying to move forward!! I will forever be a AC360 supporter!

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  17. Bryan

I'm not a native Tennessean but have lived in Tennessee for nearly 20 years. If anything, Nashvillians are happy, tenacious, and selfless. Thousands of lives have been forever changed forever. Nation and world, we need your help and, honestly, your giving. It's unreal for us. Please help.

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  18. Brandon

Thanks Anderson for bringing the attention Nashville deserves....I was one of the lucky ones but so many people have lost so much....I been volunteering myself and it's so great to see everybody come together for their neighbors, Music City's gonna make it!!

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  19. kathey

I was visiting Nville last wkend. Local media had great coverage.police kept us safe. I love Nashville.

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  20. Rebecca Johnson

Thank you for sharing the disaster in my hometown. I am seeing my friends' homes on TV destroyed. I am now 10 hours away and feel so helpless as I watch this, but hearing how everyone is coming together brings hope and relief. Please don't forget Nashville! I will be home soon.

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  21. Allie

I hope Ben is found...I know so many people have probably lost pets. THANK YOU Anderson for going to Nashville and bringing light to the disaster there.

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  22. MeganNTenn

thank you so much for coming here and giving Nashville the much needed attention!!!

May 6, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  23. Gregory A. Beamer

The sad thing is you can't really appreciate how horrible the flooding is/was by watching this on television. As bad as it looks, it was worse. We were stuck on Bellevue "island" for more than a day, but no flooding. So many we know had it so much worse. But it is encouraging to see the community banding together to help.

May 6, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  24. RoninBoston

as a former long time resident of Nashville it's disheartening to see so many of the city's landmarks and residents struggling through this. As Anderson has alluded to however, if any city is capable of recovering it is Nashville. I've been trying to get down there to help with the effort and I've been told by friends in the city not to come because there are already more volunteers than spots for them in the city

Unbelievable!

May 6, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  25. Kim Hoard

CNN Thank you so much for coming to share our story. I live in such an amazing community where people truely care about each other. So proud to call Bellevue/Nashville home!!

May 6, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  26. Rick Seno

I am visiting from Chicago, was staying at Gaylord. Locals have taken me in and I am so grateful. Thank you Nashville!

May 6, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  27. Sara

I'm supposed to attend a massive conference that involves well over 8,000 students and teachers. Originally to be held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort, I'm proud to say our National Leadership Conference has been moved to downtown Nashville. I can't wait to go!

May 6, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  28. Brad Smith

Thank you Thank yyou!!!

May 6, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  29. Ron White

Thank you SO much Anderson. You do what very few do. You are a true journalist. Very few have came to Nashville, or even care to report on it. Just know that you'll always have a home right here in the Music City.

May 6, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  30. Chaney, La.

Glad Anderson and CNN are in Nashville, it is a nightmare, and is going to be a long time getting it back to normal. It looks to me like the SociEconomics of Nashville are pretty good to which will also help in the recovery of this area.... I hope they find Ben.....

May 6, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  31. Bobby

Anderson, are you going to show the damage at Loretta Lynns ranch in Hurricane Mills while yer there? We've heard there is damage but no details anywhere.

May 6, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  32. Kathryn - Plym Mtg PA

Great reporting, What a wonderful testament to the people in Nashville that they are pulling together without waiting for others to get the job done. Thanks, Anderson, I am glad that you went to Nashville.

May 6, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  33. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Where is FEMA?

May 6, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  34. Lindsey Freitas

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING US!!! We have been IGNORED!!!! Thank you Anderson Cooper!! BLESS YOU!!!

May 6, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  35. Starr, formerly known as vincent

I lived outside of Memphis for several years and the people of TN are truly wonderful.

God bless their spirit and the volunteers.

And God bless the dog Ben, i pray that this family finds him. Much like New Orleans, there will be many pets separated from their families.

I've already sent money to the Red Cross, now i will donate to the ASPCA in Ben's name.

May 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  36. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! It's great to see you from Nashville.
    It's such a sad situation–I hope the recovery goes quickly.

May 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  37. Briana

Thank you Anderson for coming to Nashville and showing that though our town was devastated, we are banding together to rebuild our town.

May 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  38. Monica M. Williams

I just lost one of my beloved pets Saturday. I hope they find Ben. He's gorgeous.

May 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  39. Jenny

Thanks, Anderson. As a former resident of Nashville, and a current resident in Glasgow, KY (where we also had major flooding), we appreciate your finally bringing this to the world's attention. It's amazing how fast this happened, the number of lives lost, and the amount of destruction it has caused in several states. It definitely should have gotten more attention than it has, and was even more devastating than either the thwarted bomb scare of the wait-and-see situation with the oil spill.

May 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  40. Sue R. Canton Mi.

Good evening.

With it being such a big news week,, I'm glad that the people of Tennessee are getting the media attention they so badly need. I pray for the people who are having to deal with this disaster and the loss of their loved ones.

May 6, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  41. Elizabeth

Terrible situation in Tennessee. Sympathies to everyone there, and thanks to Anderson for raising awareness again. I'm sure the people do have the spirit to recover though.

May 6, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  42. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Poor Ben. I hope they find him.

May 6, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  43. Sue

Anderson, Thank you for keeping the focus on Nashville. Appreciate the coverage. You do a great job of covering these – a viewpoint of the onlooker on the roadside is what we need to get connected – and it will get more of US Americans to open our wallet. Thanks.

May 6, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  44. Monica M. Williams

Anderson is one of the few news anchors who go out in the field to cover stories. You have to admire that dedication. Just as I admire Nashville's drive to keep moving despite the devestation.

Did I mention today is my birthday?

May 6, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  45. Sharon Hastings

Good evening Anderson and everyone. It's great to be here with all of you. Bless you Anderson for going to Nashville. It's heartwarming to see how they all have been helping each other. The loss of life is so awful.

May 6, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  46. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

These people in Nashville have a lot of pride, they didn't wait around for help. They helped each other.

May 6, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  47. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Good evening Anderson & entire Team 360. Glad to see you in Nashville on behalf of so many of us.

Hi, David, Isabel, Gabriela, Nancy, Kim, Nichole, Mike, Megan, Casey, A. Smith, Emily, oAnn-OH, everyone.

The films of the flooding are astonishing.

May 6, 2010 at 10:05 pm |
  48. nancyinoregon

Poor people...no one deserves these horrors, but they befall so many humans in the world.

May 6, 2010 at 10:04 pm |
  49. nancyinoregon

Good evening, all.

May 6, 2010 at 10:03 pm |
  50. Rick Seno

THANK YOU CNN and Anderson Cooper for brining attention to those of us in Nashville. You may be late but at least you are here!

May 6, 2010 at 10:01 pm |