April 13th, 2010

Sarah Palin's Speaking Contract : Join the Live Chat

Tonight on 360°, Sarah Palin's speaking contract. It's full of provisions spelling out what she requires when she shows up for speaking engagements. We've got the raw politics. Plus, comedian Chelsea Handler and more.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: 360° Radar • Live Blog • T1
  1. Jenny in Rhinelander, WI

Chelsea is awesome......too funny!!!

April 13, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  2. David Gergen

Hello everyone - it's been a while since I have had a chance to read your comments and join you here but I want to say what a pleasure it is to see so many regulars are still weighing in with opinions. You are great supporters of Anderson and his team. And he is still "keeping 'em honest".

April 13, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  3. Emily

@Ginger,

"No Republican can win, Obama has a billion dollars to play with!!"

Palin is out there raising tons of money for them...now they just need to get more attention than the Tea Party & Palin herself!

April 13, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  4. Kimberly T. - Northern Cali

Good news finding the 11 year old girl!!! I think something about this story is lacking. I'm sure she will reveal more information once she's feeling better and safely home.

April 13, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  5. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nice see first lady Michelle Obama show up in Haiti!!! 🙂
    Whoa! That's so scary watch Lexus can be danger, too....
    YES!!! LOL!!! Nice one I love 3 captions on Beat 360!!!!!! Congrats for Gabe, Joey and K.A!!!! That is so funny caption on Beat 360! 😀

April 13, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  6. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

I think the 2012 Republican candidate won't be Palin, but will need a Palin stamp of approval. Anyone who has shot a moose gets head of the line privileges.

April 13, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  7. Lisa

I find it interesting that she calls out the democrats as "elitists" and that she is just a "regular person" yet has some very "elitist" requirements. Oh how quickly we become ELITE...

April 13, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  8. Nancy in Oregon

Good way to put it, Emily...she makes great TV.

April 13, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  9. Dulcie - Denver

Please, please, please I don't want Sarah Palin to run for President. That's really scary. I could find myself voting for a good moderate Republican the the GOP hasn't fielded anyone like that in a long, long time.

April 13, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  10. Jane

What kind of perks do other speakers get? How does Bill Clinton get around and what kinds of hotels does he stay at? How about Al Gore? I don't think that Sarah Palin is asking for anything out of the ordinary compared to other in demand speakers.

April 13, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  11. Heather - Spokane, WA

I think that lip-synching law is called the' Milli Vanili' law

April 13, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  12. Paula

I have never heard so much talk about militias, the Consitiution and the Founding Fathers since President Obama took office. Where was the tea party when the housing market went under? Where was the tea party when President Bush got a blank check for war? I believe the tea party movement had very good intentions in the beginning but it has turned into an opportunity to spew racisim and blantant disrespect for the office of the Presidency. Wouldn't this country be better off if people join the "movment" to push for better schools, feeding the poor, bringing our troops home, shoring our borders and keeping our jobs from going overseas? God Bless America

April 13, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  13. Emily

Congrats Gabe, Joey, & T.A.! Very funny Beat360. 🙂

April 13, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  14. Sean Breadon, Clarkston, Michigan

If palin decides to run for POTUS how exactly does she defend the fact that she quit being governor of alaska all because she wanted more money?

April 13, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  15. LisaL -Canada

oh lip synching is such a bad idea – i would never do it! live or nothing.

April 13, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  16. Helen

Those earthquakes are getting out of hands. The earth must be angry.

April 13, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  17. George

Obama was almost a no name prior to the 2008 election, and his biggest "flaw" was his lack of experince. After the 2008 election, why don't we realize the people want something new?

April 13, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  18. Emily

@Jane – Vt: "I think Sarah Palin is only beloved by the far right..."

And even many of them would not vote for her when it comes right down to it! She makes great TV for them.

April 13, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  19. Kimberly T. - Northern Cali

I'm by no means a Sarah Palin fan, but I don't think her list of demands is totally out of order for someone whose appearances are as in demand as hers are now.

April 13, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  20. starr, formerly known as vincent

I do Not believe that Palin can win the Presidency. She will however, continue to have significan political influence.

Great panel make up and discussion – do more with all of these people- the really know what they are talking about! Very informative.

@Dulcie-Denver- i agree with you about propsed state malitia-scare me too, but i don't believe that it will happen legally.

@Isabel-good to see you with us again tonight.

April 13, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  21. Sheila Toomey, Woburn, Massachusetts

I'm so glad that girl in Florida was found safe.

Is it just me or is kids as well as adults with autism missing more and more these days. In Massachusetts, currently, we have one boy with Asbergers missing. Now there's a woman missing with autsim.

April 13, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  22. Sue R --Canton,Mi

Poll re:2012 picks for president,,,I think Romney or Huckabee will be the front runners. Sarah Palin may give it a try ,,but she is just not experienced enough and her dislike for the media,,,They will have a field day with her.

April 13, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  23. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I believe that the Republican candidate for president will be someone no one is even considering at this point.

It will never be Sarah Palin no matter how much the Democrats want it to be.

April 13, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  24. Nancy in Oregon

Agree Sharon Hastings....she'd rather rabble-rouse and take home the big bucks!

April 13, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  25. Claus

Sarah Palin will not be running for President. If she does, Dems should be very happy as she will not win. Having said that, if she wants to speak and voice her opinion, and even make money, that's up to her. I'm not sure why she is always considered a good topic for the news.

April 13, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  26. Susan, NJ

The hypocrisy of the left is staggering who are notorious for their outrageous demands. Bendable straws are probably for her kids, or for her soda can. The hostile obsession with her by the left, is so much fun for those of us who admire her talents.

April 13, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  27. Emily

looks like that 11yr old was found okay! 🙂

April 13, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  28. Nancy in Oregon

Not so sure, Susan. Can one person clean it all up? I am a cynic!

April 13, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  29. LisaL -Canada

all things considered, i have difficulty of picturing something like Sarah Palin sitting around participating in nuclear disarmament talks with China, Russia, Iran, ... (she's cute, and she draws a crowd, but please people, keep perspective !!)

April 13, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  30. Sharon Hastings

I don't think she will run and take a cut in pay and really have to work. No. Remember, she didn't want to go to work in her own state.

April 13, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  31. Smith in Oregon

I think more people would vote for Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin than for Sarah Palin to be our next President.

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  32. Nancy in Oregon

I agree, Candy...she does totally enjoy the power she has now!

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  33. Lori

Palin has an image of rally leader.

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  34. Bettye

So what about the speaking contract? I don't see a thing that makes me think Sara's contract is any different than 99 percent of the people like her going around speaking at different events. Have you ever seen what musicians want in their rooms? Find something to complain about. There's nothing here.

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  35. Jane

Who says that Sarah Palin has to run for President in 2012? She is a young woman. Hillary Clinton was in her 60's before she ran.

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  36. Jane - Vt

I think Sarah Palin is only beloved by the far right. She will never be President. She is not smart enough to be President and people know it.

Romney is like a stuffed shirt. He'll never make it either.

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  37. Erwin

Sarah Palin, just likes to hear herself talk; and her followers are only limited to hearing insults. Is this what the world has to possibly look forward to?

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  38. Susan, NJ

I've read Palin's book – and she's knows how to get things done and fight corruption. She's the Elliot Ness on the Republican side. Getting it cleaned up.

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  39. Nancy in Oregon

I know, Heather, I agree....she might cut out halfway through the Presidency if she thinks she won't get re-elected.

April 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  40. Lisa, Maryland

Mike, formerly from Syracuse April 13th, 2010 10:16 pm ET

People are lumping lots of stuff as Tea Party related. The core Tea Part philosophy is fiscal responsibly, low taxes and small government. How is that 'radical'?

Exactly- this movement has been co-opted by extremists who are very good at raising their voices but seem to lack focus and substantive policy

April 13, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  41. Lori

That was a good question about moderates.

Sarah Palin has been very successful.

April 13, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  42. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Jane, "If there is video tape of spitting on black Congressmen, as some on this blog have stated, why have we not seen it?"

From what I understand, not even the congressman who was supposedly spit on would confirm it.

April 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  43. Susan, NJ

Palin had an 80% approval rating in Alaska – why if she wasn't competent?

April 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  44. Sheila Toomey, Woburn, Massachusetts

@Jo Ann.... no, I completely understand. I'm a registered Independent voter.

April 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  45. Jane

The question should be: Is there room for a moderate Democratic candidate?

April 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  46. Susan, NJ

militias are no more frightening than all those wacky eco-terrorists on the left.

April 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  47. Heather - Spokane, WA

Im still surprised that Palin is still on the list for GOP for 2012 after what she pulled in Alaska

April 13, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  48. sara

Hi Anderson, Why is it's ok for a state IN the United States forming "MILITIAS" groups? Are these states part of the United States?

April 13, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  49. Roy

You are right Sheila, just a bunch of republicans wanting to get reelected in NOV.

April 13, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  50. Emily

These possible GOP Candidates have to get more media attention!

April 13, 2010 at 10:27 pm |