April 9th, 2010

Evening Buzz: Adopted and Rejected

Maureen Miller
AC360° Writer

The Russian government is considering suspending all adoptions of Russian children by Americans after a 7-year-old boy was put on a plane by himself and returned to Moscow by his adoptive grandmother in Tennessee who said he had violent and psychotic behavior.

Nancy Hansen's daughter, Torry, adopted the boy they named Justin last year. The grandmother says Justin had a "hit list" of people he wanted to hurt. She also says he wanted to "kill her for the house."

The grandmother put Justin on the plane back to Moscow and insists she did not abandon him. She said she followed instructions from a lawyer she found online. Hansen said she also hired a driver in Russia's capital she found online to take Justin to the child protection ministry office.

Russian child protection officials were not happy when Justin showed up unannounced at their office yesterday. The grandmother says there was a lot of yelling on the phone when they called her. She gave Justin a letter he passed along to Russian officials. It in she explains that they want the adoption rights removed because the boy is "violent and has severe psychopathic issues."

The Tennessee family says the orphanage lied to them when they adopted him and told them "he's healthy."

Russian officials insist that's a lie and say when they questioned Justin he said his adoptive mother pulled his hair.

The Hansens also got a phone call from the U.S. Embassy telling them they set off an "international incident."

We'll talk about this case with Dr. Phil McGraw.

We also have new details about the abuse 15-year-old Phoebe Prince suffered at a Massachusetts high school before she killed herself. New documents suggest school officials may have known more about the bullying than we've heard.

Plus, Sarah Palin taking shots at Pres. Obama and Newt Gingrich. We've got the raw politics.

Join us for these stories and much more starting at 10 p.m. ET. See you then.

Filed under: Maureen Miller • The Buzz
  1. Laurie Barnhart

I'm the adoptive mother of 3 children each with many issues including posttraumatic stress disorder, reactive attachment, oppositional defiiant, bipolar, etc. Before coming to us, the first had 5 homes (originally from Russia), the second had 14 homes and the third had 21 homes. Many times they were told they were in their "forever families," but Dr. Phil, there is a lemon law as it relates to children. The only reason this story sparked national attention is due to its international .nature. My children were the victims of the "lemon law" numerous times before they came to us by people who wanted perfect children who would fit into their lives and were not willing to adjust their lives to those of the children.. When we adopted these children, we made the committment that we were their parents and they were ours NO MATTER WHAT and believe me we have dealt with everything fromj tantrums, rages, legal issues, drug use, alcohol use, etc., etc. etc., but we have stayed strong, sought out and utilized resources and continue to persevere to prove to our children that they could trust us. All 3 have been in therapy and yes we have been frustrated beyond measure at times,but we keep plugging, Our family's motto, which is hanging in our dining room wall is, "Forever, For Always–NO MATTER WHAT! and that's the way it should be for all adoptive children. Children are not used cars and if you wanted a perfect "pet" you should get a puppy.

April 9, 2010 at 11:50 pm |
  2. kt

no one knows the details of this one familys' case... each and every adoption is different and unique. It is tough to raise "normal" and "bio" children already, and then to throw in things that NO ONE warns you about or offers support for is a heavy burden. I am an adoptive mom of 2 and one bio and i adopted thru my county and STILL wasnt fully informed of the 'conditions' of my adopted children. I am lucky that I am resourceful and had a great support system of family and friends. However- not everyone who adopts is as lucky.. I dont condone pr agree with what the grandmother did at all, but if you havent lived the situation, how can you judge so harshly?

April 9, 2010 at 11:48 pm |
  3. zara

when you adopt a child you have to treat them as your child , you have to have that love and passion for that child as you would have for the one you give birth to.
    when a child is born, when do the parents come to know that he is a psycopath or what do they do about it they just get help and they love them, they just dont give them up for adoption or leave them.

and guys remember what we call those kinda people who mistreat their animals and we are talking about children here.
    In my opinion this is not the way you should treat anyone.

April 9, 2010 at 11:46 pm |
  4. Daniel

A child that bursts into tears when asked how he has been treated is not displaying a psychopathy, but rather, a great deal of pain. If anyone had displayed psychopathic behavior, I would have to believe that this woman who so callously threw this child's life away fits that bill. There is a huge cultural difference between Russia and ourselves. It doesn't seem that this woman was willing to bridge that difference, with any patience or love. I can only grieve for that young man's wounded heart and for the many who would be fine and loving parents to these poor unfortunates.

April 9, 2010 at 11:44 pm |
  5. Joy

Hopefully the Russian authorities will not stop American adoptions. This is one case with one family and there have been thousands of successful adoptions from Russia. I'm really praying they don't paint all Americans with the same brush as this Tennessee family. My heart goes out to all of those waiting for their children to come home and whose adoptions have been put at risk.

April 9, 2010 at 11:36 pm |
  6. Glenn

Hello Anderson, I have just finished watching your story on this beautiful boy from Russia. I am completely heartbroken and feel so sorry for this little boy. On the flip-side of the coin, I am irate,furious and appalled at this family for their senseless and thoughtless act. My wife and I are the adoptive parents of two from the People's Republic of China, a daughter who is now 13 and a son who is 11. Shortly after bringing our daughter home at 11 months of age, she was diagnosed with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. We had the option of returning her to China within one year. However, we both felt that in our hearts that God felt we were the best family for her. We have had our ups and downs with her over the years, yet at the end of every day, she and her brother are the greatest things that have happened to us. I love them more and more each day. I always look forward to bedtime. When I go into my daughter's bedroom to kiss her goodnight, she always has a twinkle in her eye. I truly believe that it is God's way of telling me that I am doing a wonderful job raising my daughter. My prayers go out to this little boy.

April 9, 2010 at 11:34 pm |
  7. RM - NH

I feel sad for the boy, no matter how "imperfect" he may be in the eyes of the adoptive family or society. All of us as humans have our own shortcomings, and as a young child he deserves love and happiness too! With just the right support, an accepting environment, and a whole lot of love, I'm sure he would turn out a socially, emotionally healthy person.

I am rather surprised at the comments of those who've said "I would have returned him too." Kids are not like broken electronics that you can just "return" to the store.

I totally agree with Saran McLean because adoption is not a choice you can look back at–we must choose to accept children unconditionally.

~A Loving Dad

April 9, 2010 at 11:31 pm |
  8. Gabby B

The saddest aspect of this story is that putting the kid on a plane to Moscow WORKED! The woman solved her problem.
    I work in Mental Health and see many parents both biological and adoptive who struggle with severely emotionally disturbed kids and the system makes it almost impossible for them to get them out of the home, even when they fear for the lives of their other kids. We hospitalize them a few days or weeks, add medicines etc., but then it's back home to keep trying. A few eventually get into Group Homes but usually that only happens after families are destroyed or bankrupted.
    We have to face the fact that people need more HELP with severely disturbed kids, and it's unrealistic to expect an adoptive mother to keep trying with a kid that she obviously never bonded with. That might not be her fault.
    I'm sorry she did it the way she did, but the lawyer who advised her was smart. Assuming what she says about the kid's behavior is true, all her other options would have required her to keep a kid in her home whom she neither loved nor trusted. Personally, the kid is probably better off now and she CERTAINLY is . Sad.

April 9, 2010 at 11:29 pm |
  9. Joy

I am absolutely disgusted by the actions of the adoptive mother and grandmother. As an adoptive parent myself, I can tell you that there is PLENTY of information available prior to adoption that deals with behavioral/attachment issues (IF in fact there were these issues). Adoption agencies require adoptive parents to complete a certain number of "education seminars/hours" that address various adoption subjects.

The minute this boy was adopted, he was their child just as if he was homegrown! To put him on a plane by himself shows how cowardly the adoptive grandmother and mother are. What would the grandmother have done if this was a biological grandchild? Put him on a plane to Russia by himself? I doubt it. It makes me sick to think about the emotional turmoil they have put this boy through – if there were attachment (or other) issues, they should have contacted a professional to help them deal with it. There is no excuse for abandoning a child.

April 9, 2010 at 11:27 pm |
  10. Ted M.

Hi, The Grandmother needs help. We adopted our son and brought him back from Russia on Nov,7. 2007. He was 4 1/2 then he will be 7yrs old in June. Most children adopted from Russia and mostly anywhere. will be some sought of help in coping. For many reasons. Please get in touch with me. If Russia would like other American family to take Justin. My son could use a brother, since he is a only child. Again I have to say the Mother and Grandmother are nuts. Most adoptive children will need help. All you could do is hold them when things get bad and then get them the help they need. I guess if this was one of their own children they gave birth to. They would have drop them off at one of those drop off centers with no question ask? Right? I don't think so. They are just stupid.

April 9, 2010 at 11:24 pm |
  11. Chris - Illinois

My husband and I are the adoptive parents of a daughter adopted from India. She was 4 1/2 months old when we got her and we had limited information on her. We did however have an intensive backgound check, homestudy, FBI investigation while working with Bensenville Home Society of Bensenville, Illinois. There was pre- placement training and post placement requirements including meetings and home visits. I find the grandmother's story very difficult to believe based on our experience. It is very difficult to complete a foreign adoption and these people could not have done it on their own the paperwork alone is a time consuming nightmare and I cannot imagine this woman did not have an agency to help throughout the process. My heart goes out to this little boy as I cannot imagine how he feels being abandoned again. I pray Russia does not stop adoptions as there are many wonderful and loving prospective adoptive parents who would love to be given the opportunity she had and squandered!

April 9, 2010 at 11:24 pm |
  12. Cathy

I don't agree with the way the adopted parents handled the situation, but I know personally 2 families in our small community that adopted 2 children each from Russia, and the first family had so many problems with the children, they literally burned their home down twice, the 2nd time couldn't be confirmed that it was the boys, the first time it was proven in was the boys. The 2nd family that adopted,(their own children were grown and gone), and they adopted 2 boys, who were so incredibly difficult that the mother was close to a break-down, and the father wanted to send them back, but chose to endure their situation. My guess is that these orphans, from a very young age are not held and nurtured, emotionally neglected, or fetal alcohol syndrome etc. and as they grow, they don't have the "natural affection" that other children have. I felt so sorry for the 2 families, and thought to myself that if that had been me, I have 4 children, I know kids can be tough, but I'm afraid I might have been incredibly tempted to have sent them back also, through the proper means.

April 9, 2010 at 11:22 pm |
  13. tiffany

didn't the Russian government do mental testing on the people that adopted him? sound like they need it. and how sad if they really suspending all adoptions to of Russian children by Americans because not all Americans would be that irresponsible. I think child protective services needs to step in with the family that adopted him if they have other kids and investigate.

April 9, 2010 at 11:20 pm |
  14. LJN

Just want everyone to know these people are wrong for sending this young boy back the way they did. But it is not as easy as Dr Phil makes it out to get the help you need. My wife and I have been dealing with a adopted daughter with RAD (reactive attachment disorder) and possible anti-social personality disorder, for 7 years, 5 years of therapy. We cannot get help from anyone and everywhere we turn we are made out to feel that it is our fault. This is a very sad story, but I understand where these folks are coming from. I hope for the best for this boy and the family that sent him back to Russia.

April 9, 2010 at 11:17 pm |
  15. Laurie Mullen

There should be some liability on the adoption agency as well who arranged the adoption if it is true that the adoptive parents were only informed that the child had "flat feet".

April 9, 2010 at 11:13 pm |
  16. Akin Irish

A child or mechandise from a department store??? These parents should be prosecuted for child endangerment. If the child did, indeed, display psychopathic behavior, the parents should have looked toward providing psychiatric help for the child.

April 9, 2010 at 11:12 pm |
  17. Mrs B

Annie Kate – you are assuming that you can believe what the adoptive "mother" and "grandmother" (not that they have earned or deserve those titles) have reported.

You say you would have "returned him too". This was not a purchase that was made, adoption is a way of building a family. This is a CHILD you are talking about RETURNING, an innocent boy, that has now been RETURNED to his orphanage!!!

You should be ashamed of that statement!

April 9, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  18. dee

You must be kidding. This child is not some clothing you buy at the store and then decide you don't want it and return it for a full refund.

April 9, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  19. Frankie - Western MA

I goofed I agree with Kate from Canada – not Annie Kate – my booboo

Sorry Kate I agree with you – coming from Russia a 'hot" list is hwan the child is used to counseling will help I think

April 9, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  20. Ann

These people need help themselves if they were seriously afraid of a 7 year old little boy. If they did not have the common sense to seek help if they really thought he was disturbed..he will be better off in Russia. The Russian authorities don't need to stop adoptions to America, they just need to check out the prospective parents more thoroughly. I don't understand how anyone could put a child on a plane and send him all that way alone....what does that tell you about these people?

April 9, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  21. Terry

I think the adoptive parent did exactly what is acceptable. This is a down side of adopting children, but it has been made a business. So if the child is going to be problematic , which is so awful to say of children. The adoptive parent has a right to treat it as a contractual agreement.

Dr. Phil is speaking as I am writing. I don't really care about his opinion. I think the media will affect this child more than anything else, as long as it stays in the media.

Truly,

April 9, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  22. Frankie - Western MA

I am the grandmother of a sibling set of 4 children adopted several years ago by my son and d-in-law.. They all have some type of problem, either due to the birth mothers alcoloh/drug use or a birth defect – 3 of the 4 are ADHD or ADD – BUT we think adoption is forever – for better or poorer etc so they go to doctors have counselors as does the family – we work hard at it and things are progressing well – it may take til they are adults but we will all make it and believe the birthdays and holidays and school programs and reading to each other and cooking together make it all worth while. We got them when they were 2 to 6 and they had their first Xmas ever that year (Santa was wonderful) as the eldest say's "we each had a wall".

It is worth every minute whether frustrating or fantastic

I agree with Annie Kate – No reasonable adults would do that to a child . Maybe Russia needs a better screening process for adoptive parents(whoops, did I just create another "incident" for the state department)

April 9, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  23. Barbara

Having been through somewhat similar circumstances, I am compelled to suggest: that maybe the actions taken by the adoptive familty might not have been the best choice, maybe the russian doctor in eagerness to have the child adopted by a loving family minimized the psychological issues, but one thing is for sure – until you have been through this incredibly challenging stiutation personally, please don't sit there in your self righteougness and smuggness, and say you know the parents were wrong. You just don't know until you have been through it. Everyone wanted and wants a wonderful outcome for this young child. Maybe all parties could have handled this better. But, PLEASE let the affected parties handle this as is best for the young boy, without the watchful and extremely opinionated commentary of the TV talking heads. Walk a mile in the adoptive family's and the Russian medical folks' shoes before you claim to know the right answer. I know, because I have been there twice, it is never that easy to know what is the right thing to do.

April 9, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  24. Annie Kate

@Kate – I just used the same terminology as the grandmother used to describe him. I have no idea whether he was or not but there isn't much doubt that the grandmother thought he was. Its hard to get help for a family member with mental problems in TN; its also hard to get help from the TN social services with a child – adopted or otherwise. The grandmother may have felt that sending him back to Russia was the only option she had to protect the rest of her family.

April 9, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  25. Louis

I would like to question the airline that accepted the boy as an unaccompanied minor. When my daughter was 8 and went to visit grandparents abroad, I needed to provide a lot of documents of the people receiving her on the other end as well as signatures from both parents on this side. Has all this changed? Can we just put children unaccompanied on a plane destined to another country?

April 9, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  26. saran mclean

I am the adoptive mother of 2 and the natural parent of 2...and in both cases I never got a warning saying this child has...you get what you get and you love them regardless! What if that were her natural child would she try to put him back in her womb...of course not! All children are hard work...and all children are a blessing...that poor boy.

April 9, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  27. Ricardo (from the Philippines)

People should understand that children are NOT pets. Regardless of the emotional state of the child; and I agree with Dr. Phil on this, this does not warrant to abandon the child by putting him on a plane alone with just a note. A child IS NOT a purchased item with a 30-day return policy.

I'm also interested in the "'conditions' under which the family adopted the child." The family ought to be examined too if they were prepared for the adoption. They got to understand that both the adopted and adopter must learn to adjust to the new situation the adoption has created.

I'm not aware of the adoption processes in other countries but since a person's life is involved, shouldn't there be intensive and extensive assessments of both parties before the the adoption is allowed? I guess all parties involved, with the exclusion of the adopted, are at fault here for various reasons.

April 9, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  28. MB Hajdinak

Can you imagine if you have waited 4 years to adopt from this country and your family was next in line to accept a child and this lady sends a child back ..ruining it for all the great families wanting to create a loving and supportive family. Did you think about this decision before you wrote your letter and bought a one way ticket to Russia? Our dream is now in jeopardy because of your actions. What were you thinking????

April 9, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  29. Lenor

I am appalled by the actions of the adoptive family, but what about the post placement service obligation of the adoption home study agency? And what airline allowed an unaccompanied 7 year old on an international flight?

April 9, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  30. Rona

When you adopt a child you are taking them on as your own. You can't send your own birth child back because they aren't perfect. Do you hear of parents getting rid of their children because they have autism or another serious illness? We have too many people in this world that don't understand that love is a decision, not a feeling. They give up on children and marriages because of it.

April 9, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  31. Heidi

This would be such a difficult situation!! I can see how hard it would be to deal with a child who is behaving this way...on the other hand, when you adopt a child or even if you have your own biological, you really never know what obstacles they may face. As their parent, it is your responsibility to do what is best for them. In this case, that may have been to seek help for the child. But I can see being upset that he was identified as healthy!

April 9, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  32. Heather

What kind of a loving parent just dumps a helpless kid off to fend for himself? I pray they do not have any other chilren. They'd prob. dump a 'terrible two' or a tiresome teen off when they need a little extra care. Id hate to see if they gave birth to a needie child .. get rid of trouble. Why did they not seek professional help to be a productive citizen to society ... HELP THIS CHILD .... SHOW SOME COMPASSION. This is a child, not a car that you return to the dealer when something acts-up. What is this world comming to?

April 9, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  33. Brian

Someone who has never been in this situation, cannot understand what the adoptive family was going through. The Russians always deny that the children have any physical or mental issues. The agencies we have been involved with do a very poor job of preparing potential adoptive parents for what they are getting in to. No one even mentioned attachment disorder to us. They accentuate all the positives and minimize all the negatives. It is easy to say the family should have gotten counseling, etc, but it is very expensive and few counselors have experience with internationally adopted children and attachment disorder. This boy's grandmother at least tried to help the child when the mother could not handle him. She certainly had no idea what she was getting in to. I don't deny she didn't handle things well, but she was likely at her wit's end. We should all avoid judgement of this women; instead we should use the opportunity to educate all adoptive parents of the reality involved with attachment disorder, the difficulty and expense in treating it, and the lifetime commitment with a potentially difficult child.

April 9, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  34. Mary Lam

This problem is the dirty secret adoption agencies have covered up for years. These adoptions of psychopathic or otherwise disturbed children are a nightmare for the adoptive family and they have no place to turn. The agencies will not facilitate the return of the child and the families live in terror of the rage of their adopted charges. It is time that the United States demanded certain assurances and standards protecting American families who only want to do a good deed but get stuck in a bureaucratic nightmare, forced to deal with a dangerous situation in their homes for which they are unprepared, untrained and for which the agencies, lying, offer no solutions. This family was obviously desperate. They are not the only ones to experience this terrifying situation. It will be good for Russia to stop further adoptions, and the United States to stop other overseas adoptions, until better regulations and assurances are installed for the adoptive families as well as for the adopted children. Please do not pretend this is a unique problem. Look on the internet for similar stories of violent, dangerous children placed with unsuspecting Americans.

April 9, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  35. Mel Tex

Maybe they should have adopted an American child. We have lots of orphans without going to other countries and getting them. It's not uncommon to see children on airplanes by themselves. We do that quite often when sending them to visit family. The only reason that this is news is because it's a Russian kid. No body seems to care about the struggles of American children in the similar situation.

April 9, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  36. Cindy G

It's despicable that someone would return a child as if it were a broken toy at Walmart. If this were a biological child with a psychiatric condition, what would this "parent" have done? She had ample psychiatric resources at her disposable in Tennessee, yet we're not hearing about any of them that she has utilized. As a single parent to a special needs child with autism and other serious mental health issues, I am livid that anybody would just toss away a child with mental health issues as if it was last week's left-overs. Anybody who believes that an older child being adopted by a foreign country won't have issues needs to have their own head examined. This woman had plenty of excellent resources available to her. She only had him for 6 months, and in that time, there's no evidence that she reached out to anybody for help (not even the agency she utilized for the adoption). She should face criminal charges immediately!

April 9, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  37. T.F.

Dr. Phil is not explaining adoption correctly. In most adoption case they are not finalized until several months or a year after the child enter your home. If the child is unsuitable you can return the child within this time frame. I don't know if this applied to international adoptions but it does apply to adoptions with the states.

April 9, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  38. Kel

She was very wrong for "giving him back", when you adopt a child and bring them in your home you treat them just like a biological child would you just send your biological child away? Every child needs a home, he obviousily has lived a hard life, it may take an adopted child a little bit to be ok with the new enviroment! This is just sad that lady should be ashamed of herself, she is aweful!

April 9, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  39. Mark

I work in child welfare and some times adoptions disrupt and the children have to come back into foster care. We have had children who were adopted in the US and from other countries come into foster care because their parents could not manage their behavior. Most of the kids that came into care in our county who were adopted outside the US happen to be from Russia. Some have severe mental health problems and other problems such as fetal alcohol syndrome.

April 9, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  40. Shirley

I do not think it's appropiate to send a child back because you can't handle the child. Isn't it part of parenting to be able make sure that such child get help of whatever behavior issues the child has.

April 9, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  41. Andrea Johnson

Of course, the act was unthinkably heartless. How can you abandon a child - any child, adopted or otherwise? But, beyond that, HOW were they able to put a 7 year old child on a plane - an international flight - with a chaparone or guardian? why didn't the airline question this behavior?

And, I might add that biological children can have the same issues as adoptive ones. a child can appear 'normal' one moment and then fall apart the next. there are no guarantees with parenthood. when you have - or adopt a child - you sign up for parenting, no matter what.

April 9, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  42. Mike

This story is heartbreaking. After hearing that the boy's birth other is an alcoholic it makes me ask ih he was tested in the US for FASD. My wife and I adopted a child with FASD seven years ago. He is currenlty on 4 different medicatiosn to control and level his behaviour. Like the adoptive parents in this story, we did not know he had FASD. If they had the proper medial intervention, they may have been able to help this boy!!!

April 9, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  43. Ty Buckingham

I'm 17 and my family has just adopted two kids age 8 and 5 from Haiti. And sometime they drive me a little crazy but let's be honest they are family. I can believe someone would just send them back as if they were an item.

April 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  44. Sheryl G.

Even if the orphanage lied to the adoptive mother, or if the child is a potential threat what the adoptive mother did was wrong! there are ways to deal with children that have mental illness that do not include abandonment! i think the adoptive mother should be charged with a crime. there is no way that this experience won't have caused emotional damage to the child!

April 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  45. m.luce

My question is – how was an unaccompanied 7 year old allowed to board a plane? Is there no regulation against this? If there isn't, there should be.

April 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  46. Kate - Canada

@Annie Kate
    How do you know that the child is a psychopath. The "parents" seem pretty strange to me.

April 9, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  47. Kate - Canada

Oh this looks good. I love Dr. Phil

April 9, 2010 at 10:05 pm |
  48. Tony

What's the deal with an airline taking a 7 year old on an international flight unaccompanied with a note?

April 9, 2010 at 10:02 pm |
  49. Annie Kate

Healthy, but violent and a psychopath! Left out some info didn't they? I would have returned him too as terrible as that sounds but children are hard enough to raise without the excess baggage that makes you worry for your own safety and the safety of the rest of your family. He even kept a hit list.....sounds like a really bad movie. The Russians are probably upset that they have him back to deal with.

The school that Phoebe went to probably knew a great deal more than they are willing to admit to. I cannot understand how the school stood by and didn't help Phoebe. The school principals and administrators need to be fired.

April 9, 2010 at 9:57 pm |
    • Heather

I agree Kate!!!

April 9, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  50. DeLia CA

Unbelievable. I'm wondering what the "conditions" were under which the family adopted the child. Any way, I'm interested in what Dr.Phil has to say. I'll be watching!!

April 9, 2010 at 9:53 pm |