[cnn-photo-caption image=http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/03/31/haiti.donors/story.petionville.gi.jpg width=300 height=169]
The devastating earthquake affected 3 million people – one-third of Haiti's population. Considered the most vulnerable are the Haitian children that survived the catastrophe. These organizations have created specific programs to protect these children, meet their medical and nutritious needs and help them recover from the trauma of this disaster.
How you can help:
• Child Hope International – Caring for orphans
• Friends of the Orphans – Pediatric Care
• Jean R. Cadet Restavek Foundation – Helping children in servitude
• Kids Alive International – Sheltering orphans
• Meds & Food for Kids – Feeding malnourished children
• Mercy Corps – Comfort for kids
• Save the Children – Child-friendly spaces
• UNICEF – Protecting children
• World Food Programme – Feeding orphans
• World Vision – Child-friendly spaces
Anderson Cooper goes beyond the headlines to tell stories from many points of view, so you can make up your own mind about the news. Tune in weeknights at 8 and 10 ET on CNN.
Questions or comments? Send an email
Want to know more? Go behind the scenes with