March 16th, 2010

Tiger Woods Returning to Golf: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on 360°, Tiger Woods returning to golf, the Democrats continuing their fight for health care reform, and a sexual abuse scandal that has possible ties to Pope Benedict XVI.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

@starr

The problem is when the person just wants to have sex and start not wanting to do other things or keep social contact to have sex, even if only with your partner, it's necessary must have limits.
    Life is not just sex!

March 16, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  2. Emily

That sounds right to me!!! (he should NEVER be taken alive!)
    UBL

March 16, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  3. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Sex addiction sounds convenience. One has to learn to control their hunger.

March 16, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  4. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Great news that the 96 hour rule has been changed. It has cost American lives. It should have never been put in place. The rules of engagement need to be less PC and more about killing the enemy.

March 16, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  5. Kathy Chicago

I agree with Mr Armstrong about the health care bill. They need to convince the people who will pay for and be affected by the health care bill that it is a good idea. None of us care about what politicians think. Sell us the ideas in the bill.

March 16, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  6. Darren Littlejohn

Buddhism can help any addict if combined with serious involvement in 12-Step Recovery and psychotherapy. I'm living proof.

March 16, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  7. Claus

@Luther, just a reminder that Medicare Part D was passed under the previous administration and most of those enrolled in it are happy with it.

March 16, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  8. David, Indiana

@Starr good question, I wondered too about when the different ways to pass a bill are acceptable. Reconciliation I've learned is used in the budget process so as to facilitate getting need funding into law.

Thank you for that report Gary Tuchman.

I think sex addiction is not used as an excuse. Sometimes people wake up and realize, like Benoit Denizet was saying that there lives are being taken over by substance abuse, or gambling, or also sex.

March 16, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  9. Emily

@Devin,
    There are many people that feel like you do, re. Elin, however, others have already "forgot" about it, or think that it's been the two of them and want to see Tiger play golf!
    I'll be interested to see (or read), what many of his sponsors do! The ones that have dropped him, I wonder if they will "pick him back up" once he is playing again?

March 16, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  10. LisaL -Canada

one of the things this fellow mentioned is quite interesting ... he said that the goal is NOT lifelong abstinence, but rather to relearn things about sexuality and how to express and share it.

now, in order to make this "sane and fun" (which he pointed out was the objective), one either needs to be able to work through things on a very detailed level themselves , or (preferably) have someone close that they can work through this with.

feelings of isolation would definitely be present and very common

March 16, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  11. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Watching golf is marginally more exciting than watching grass grow.

March 16, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  12. Emily

@Starr,

I hope that you are one of the people that will enjoy seeing Tiger back on the golf course than!

I personally have never watched the game, before or after Tiger.
    I just think that from what I know of these Tours, this would be the one for him to make his come back at.

March 16, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  13. Heather - Spokane, WA

@Starr, I agree that it looks like golf will need him back, but there is always another Tiger Woods waiting in the mist, its just like it was back then with basketball and Michael Jordan

March 16, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  14. starr, formerly known as vincent

@Isabel- i agree, sex addiction is apparently an illness.

I personally don't quite understand it, but do recognize it as akin to any other addiction.

March 16, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  15. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

@Danie T.

Yes, and this is a complicated problem.

I have a friend who lost her wedding because she did not, literally, do anything beyond that with her husband.
    She wanted to stay all the time doing ... She did not do anything other than sex!

March 16, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  16. LaSonya, Nashville

@Emily, Have you read because I have and I want it. Everything in it will make things better for me and everyone I know that makes 25,000 to 150,000 a year. If you make more than that maybe you don't want it and would like for things to stay the same. But, I think the majority of the people of the united states fall in this income bracket.

March 16, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  17. Luther

Health Care
    Republicans had both houses of government for 6 Years of the 8
    years, and put nothing foward to fix health care. Everyone knows heath
    care in America is broke. Give this a chance or we all lose.
    Just follow the money when it don't pass !
    Luther

March 16, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  18. Kathy Chicago

Hi AC! Miss you all. Still on heavy meds. I'm glad that Tiger is coming back, but I hope he heals with his wife. I think that he is good for the game and I will watch.

March 16, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  19. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I used to adore Fox Mulder! How sad.

March 16, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  20. Claus

@Lisa-Seattle; I will guess no one. I hope that will be true.

March 16, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  21. Lori

People lose their jobs over sex addiction.

March 16, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  22. Emily

Is there any "emotion" in Sex Addiction" and what kind, if so?

March 16, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  23. charlie

Enough about Tiger already regarding golf, his sponsors or his public image. The sex addiction angle is interesting though, but does nto need Tiger to be relevant.

March 16, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  24. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

LaSonya, "Mike, the polls say that the people want healthcare reform!:

Not THIS bill. Only 25% support passing this bill per a CNN poll a few days ago.

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  25. Arine Ward

I really think the Republican Party has done a Great Job of placing "Fear and Doubt" in the American People...just as their strategy for the election campaign trail...they have done it with Healthcare!

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  26. Devin

@Emily its sad we move so fast! But I for one will never look at him the same, he gave up his Swedish model wife and living standerd for what?

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  27. Heather - Spokane, WA

@Lisa, Id have to say either Barbara Walters or Oprah Winfrey. They are usually the two that the celebrities go to to tell all

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  28. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Instead of taking responsibility for their bad behaviour, these so-called "sex addicts" want to blame it on some kind of fantasy mental illness.

Just another way to avoid accountability.

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  29. Sharon Hastings

Yes I think there is such a thing as sex addiction. Whether Tiger Woods has this I'll leave to the experts. Then again, he could just be a womanizing golfer.

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  30. Claus

The polls on healthcare are mixed. The most favorable for the President shows an even split toward the bill. People want healthcare reform; that doesn't mean people want this bill. If deals are being made, why shouldn't we know what they are. I'd like to know what my legislators are voting on.

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  31. starr, formerly known as vincent

@Heather, Emily & Megan

All of your points are well taken.

Believe it or not, i do watch golf from time to time as i find it relaxing.

However, as pointed out, the gold industry seems to really, really, need him back on the tour.
    And to Emily's point, the Masters is Very, very controlled environment.

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  32. Emily

@LaSonya, Nashville,

"the polls say that the people want healthcare reform!"

I think that more people are confused with this Health Care Bill here...they don't understand what is in it!

March 16, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  33. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Sex addiction: a sickness... Like any addiction

March 16, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  34. frederick

If the Gop in the House and Senate hate the Deem rule in the House and Reconcilition Rule in the Senate why don't they propose legislation to ban this rules rather than been cry babies

March 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  35. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

@charlie, I agree, that claim that says you can provide insurance for 30 million without raising the debt or taxes was clearly outrageous lying.

March 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  36. Bayousara, Pacifica

My kids in Australia love their health care programs.

My cousins in England love their health care programs.

I know people in Canada who laugh when I ask them about coming to the US for health care. Some do but a tiny fraction.

March 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  37. Lori

Well, I am glad to hear that Tiger is returning to Golf.

March 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  38. Emily

@Mike,
    I think that Tiger is hoping that the public has a short memory as they usually do!

March 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  39. Danie T.

Hi everyone,

Sexual addiction? Does that really exist?

March 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  40. Claus

I love watching Tiger play golf and I am really looking forward to seeing him at the Masters. How about a Grand Slam? That will give the tabloids something to talk about.

March 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  41. Devin

@Thanks Starr=) glad im not the only one who doesnt think its funny! =)

March 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  42. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Good evening Anderson, David (Indiana), Megan, Starr, Gabriela, Emily and everyone!!

Sorry, I'm late!

March 16, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  43. Lisa - Seattle

So who do you think will eventually land the first "gloves off" interview with Tiger?

March 16, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  44. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yes, Starr......
    I love watch Golf all times, that is my favorite sport game program. 🙂 I hope so, He will be ok move on without problem.

March 16, 2010 at 10:17 pm |
  45. Arine Ward

It totally amazes me...at all the American People that will say Americans don't want the Healthcare...Who did the Polls? I wasn't asked anything and I want it Now!!!

March 16, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  46. LaSonya, Nashville

Mike, the polls say that the people want healthcare reform!

March 16, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  47. starr, formerly known as vincent

@Devin- Agree whole heartedly!!

March 16, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  48. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I don't believe in "sex addiction." It is nothing more than an excuse for the immoral behavior of spoiled celebrities.

March 16, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  49. Devin

To be 100% truthful I dont care about Tiger Woods he should join the Hills or something know because were never going to hear the end of this! but if I did watch golf I would want him back on I guess

March 16, 2010 at 10:16 pm |
  50. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Tiger Woods has set a new 'rehabilitation' record.

March 16, 2010 at 10:15 pm |