March 15th, 2010

Health care reform down to the wire: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on 360°, President Obama pushing for last-minute support on health care reform, Rielle Hunter speaking out, and a Roman Catholic priest who still celebrates mass, even after his former archdiocese kicked him out of his former church.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Isabel, Brasil

Good night people!

Good night Anderson!

Great show and great live blog today! Thanks!

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  2. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

I think the Church should allow married and female priests.

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  3. Maureen T., Mississauga, Canada

Anderson,

That was funny with the cookies! I saw you on Regis and Kelly and you did well by getting two cookes into your mouth! 🙂

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  4. Paul,Illinois

To Gary and Anderson the church would not send me for treatment where i wanted to go,i went to where they wanted me to go and took one look at he place and left they never got back to me.

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  5. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Enjoy the night!

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  6. starr, formerly known as vincent

Good night Anderson and Team 360. Great stories tonight.

Good night Nancy, A. Smith, Claus, Mike, Megan, Emily, Dodie, David, Isabel, Nichole, Devin, Gabriela, Casey, everyone. I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Anderson, God bless you for the laughs you give us almost every night, i know i need it!

And, thank you for the follow up on the whale story.

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  7. Isabel, Brasil

'Face the Cookie' ... My 4 year old son did 2 times and I no! hahaha...

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  8. Danie T.

Night night everybody – Great show!

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  9. Valerie NYC

Raising controversy a Slate Magazine article says: " The practice of spreading the whale out among many people is based in the Buddhist principle that it's better to sacrifice a single soul to feed many than to kill many animals to feed one person. Thus many schools of Buddhism favor eating whales (and recommend against eating shrimp)."
    What does whale taste like? – By Brian Palmer – Slate Magazine. If that is true, now we got a huge problem!

March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  10. A. Smith, Oregon

Good Night Anderson Cooper, Devan, Candy, AC360, CNN Staffers and fellow bloggers. I hope each of you have a safe and outstanding week ahead!

11. Kim- Ohio

The cookie challenge...so funny!!!

Great show tonight!!!

Good night everyone!!!

12. Cessy-Chicago

YES!!!! to B-O-B !!!!

I can't stop laughing!!!!

13. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Poppy, Megan, Jessica, Candy, David Gergen, Ed Henry, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Dodie, Mike, Casey, Milan, Vivan, Gabriela, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Danie, Lori, Adelaide, BettyAnn and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    Day of the shot with 2 men playing contest cookies!!!! LOL!! great shot! Yay!!!!!!! Thanks Anderson!!!!!!! HUGS!

Thanks for coming in, and join us tonight! 🙂
    Anderson,
    Have a great night & good sleep at home after work!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!! Just a plenty sleep at home!

14. Danie T.

Congrats Bob! But you could have just eaten the cookie:)

15. Peter Galica

Thanks Anderson and Gary for doing this story. I hope more victims come forward because of it. You are right it is hard but it has to be done. Chester belongs in prison and both Paul and I intend to see it happen.
    Thanks again

Peter Galica

16. Lori

Good night everyone! Sweet dreams and see you tomorrow!

17. Sophia Garcia

"Face the Cookie" rocks! And Oreos do work the best!

18. LisaL -Canada

glad the fellow who video'd the ESPN reporter was caught. note to self: cover room peephole viewer next time in hotel. creepy and disgusting.

19. Devin

Look at all those wasted cookies =( sad day

20. Isabel, Brasil

@ Anderson

They are holding and using the same cookie!
    More correct this way, huh? lol ...

21. Danie T.

Anderson you did good – what was your motivation? hunger?:) It seems you had fun eating those cookies:)

22. Ana-Arizona

The only thing I noticed was how uncomfortable the new altar boy looked standing next to his parents as they defended the priest. He is probably molesting him too. How many men do you know would go on national t.v. and lie about being sexually molested by another man? This just shows you that the world must be coming to an end if we allow men like this to walk free on earth!!

March 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm |
  23. Lori

These two are going to starve!

March 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm |
  24. Kim from Texas

OMG.....this story about the priest is unbelievable. The diocese finally admits there is sufficient evidence of the priest and his sexual abuse.....and yet they allow him to perform mass each day!! Have they not learned from all the previous sex scandals?

March 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm |
  25. Kelly

It truly appalls me that "Hump" was selling whale meat...come on!!!

March 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm |
  26. Kristen

I am Catholic and I am horrified and saddened by the sexual abuse scandals. But your story glossed over the point that Father Chester's church is independent. I heard it mentioned briefly, so I assume he was either defrocked or excommunicated by the church hierarchy based on these allegations or something else.

It is unforgivable that priests like Chester weren't prosecuted, but the Church is working to reform itself and deal with these sins. I don't agree with the Church on everything, but I think you missed an opportunity to make a point.

March 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm |
  27. Isabel, Brasil

'Face the Cookie' ... My 4 year old son got 2 times and I no! hahaha...

March 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm |
  28. Danie T.

Whale? I'm glad I don't do sushi

March 15, 2010 at 9:55 pm |
  29. David, Indiana

If these allegations had been made in open court it would've been to the benefit of all parties. I guess that's obvious.

I noticed the stock market is slowing down a bit. Wasn't it last year at this time that it hit bottom?

March 15, 2010 at 9:55 pm |
  30. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I can't wait see Anderson and Kelly contested durning game and they were playing game as Oreo cookies!!! LOL!!!!! maybe it says "the shot"

March 15, 2010 at 9:55 pm |
  31. Isabel, Brasil

Illegak Sushi??? .... I love sushi!!!!!!!

March 15, 2010 at 9:55 pm |
  32. Lori

6.7 is a very healthy aftershock

March 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm |
  33. starr, formerly known as vincent

@Mike, i agree, maybe i got a little too carried away.

However, i have to say i am almost speechless re: the lawsuits. Somehow the statute of limitations applies to the sexual abuse, but the accused priest can file defemation charges against the victim?

Somthing abou t his whole story is so wrong!

March 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm |
  34. Arine Ward

Good Evening Anderson!
    Paul thanks so much for being on the blog, and sharing your story, as well as giving courage to another young man or woman to come forth! Good man you are for this act!

March 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm |
  35. Claus

@Mike in NJ,
    Pharma only represents about 14% of healthcare. I wonder if most people realize that 70% of RXs are generics. Medicare Part D prescriptions are greatly discounted by the pharma companies. There is a real need for education.

March 15, 2010 at 9:53 pm |
  36. Leslie

Any child molestation cries to Heaven for redress – especially such an abuse of privilege and power by an "Alter Christus". I pray for truth.

March 15, 2010 at 9:53 pm |
  37. Lori

Dear Gary T and Anderson, I can tell you that this type of situation can make you feel like you do not have any value. It is a pitiful situation that this institution can stand behind such an individual.

March 15, 2010 at 9:53 pm |
  38. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

As long as the church is allowed to protect these abusive priests this kind of stuff will continue.

March 15, 2010 at 9:53 pm |
  39. Vance

I love when you are co-hosting with Kelly! Love on Fridays when you fill in for Regis. You guys are really great together. 2nd job when Regis retires?? lol

March 15, 2010 at 9:53 pm |
  40. Cessy-Chicago

YES!!!! Cookie game with AC360 staff!!!

How about we see Anderson 🙂 , Gergen, Toobin and Sanjay?

March 15, 2010 at 9:52 pm |
  41. LisaL -Canada

there is a lack of "factual information" in this case. a lack or presence of facts seems to have very little to do with the actual truth. there are some things that will never be "proveable" i guess

March 15, 2010 at 9:52 pm |
  42. Paul,Illinois

I'ts very funny to Chester

March 15, 2010 at 9:51 pm |
  43. Sophia Garcia

@ Anderson Copper:

Candy Crowley IS the greatest and she's super-beautiful, too! And she's clever, funny, smart... You gotta make her your new co-anchor! ;0)

March 15, 2010 at 9:51 pm |
  44. Valerie NYC

Gark Tuckman is so cool... great reporting. This story is completely crazy!! Church pedophiles have a free pass to abuse.

March 15, 2010 at 9:51 pm |
  45. Nancy in Oregon

Oh my! Oreos, Part Two!

March 15, 2010 at 9:51 pm |
  46. Danie T.

@Kim,

They choose not to be married – if they feel they are not called to celibacy all they had to do is be a member of the church instead of being a priest. You are called to be a priest you don't choose to. They are a bunch of hypocrites who talk the talk and not walk the walk. And children on top of it? That's revolting. Sick individuals.

March 15, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  47. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson.
    I agree with you, Candy Crowley is best reporter and anchor in the world. 🙂 And she is so smart lady I have watch her.

March 15, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  48. starr, formerly known as vincent

WOW, what a story about this priest!

Again, Gary Tuchman has brought us a story that we really needed to know. His reporting is outstanding!

The Church really, really needs to get rid of this priest and others like him! Will they do that.....unknown.

March 15, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  49. Devin

Im protestant and i have no idea what an alter boy really does i go to youth group with friends some time but i have never seen an alter boy. @Vance i agree

March 15, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  50. Monica M. Williams

Father please, Quit while you are ahead.

Everything that you say doesn't presume you to be innocent.

March 15, 2010 at 9:49 pm |