March 4th, 2010

Pentagon Shooting: Join the AC360° Live Chat

We're following breaking news at the Pentagon where a man has opened fire and wounded two police officers. The police fired back critically wounding the suspect. We'll have the latest developments. Plus, killer waves hit a cruise ship in the Mediterranean. How did it happen? Could the captain and crew see the danger?

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Karen, MN

After watching that clip I won’t be going cruising any time too soon.

March 4, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  2. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Did they just say the ship left during bad weather?

March 4, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  3. Cessy-Chicago

case of anthrax man and counselor : duty to warn law

March 4, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  4. Emily

@ Mike, formerly from Syracuse,

Re. the name calling,
    You are so right! It happens on both sides. I think I was more offended to see that I would be attracted to a photo of Obama as The Joker rather than listening to their ideas.

March 4, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  5. Kim- Ohio

How scary. Where do you run on a cruise ship???

March 4, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  6. Sheila Toomey

@ Gabriela

Chile was on the opposite coast of this wave that happened on the coast of Spain.

March 4, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  7. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

26 feet isn't anything. Rogue waves have been measured 90 feet tall.

March 4, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  8. starr, formerly known as vincent

@Patrick thank you for your post. I stant corredted.

March 4, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  9. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Or, he slipped up on the anthrax!

March 4, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  10. Sheila Toomey

It seems that more and more regular Americans are working alone in terror plots. Just look at Oklahoma City or that crazy guy with the single engine in Dallas, TX.

March 4, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  11. Gabriela Vaughan from Nicaragua

@ Megan

Yes, It's a scary video, and probably like you said, it was caused by some tsunami, maybe the one that hits Chile or some place near this costs, after the earthquake!

This interview with the antrax guy's counselor is amazing and unbelievable!!

March 4, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  12. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

When people get fundraising mailers or emails they can decide what they believe themselves. I'm more concerned with behaviors of those in office who abuse power like Charlie Rangel.

March 4, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  13. Cessy-Chicago

Anthrax man: Fascinating story!

March 4, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  14. Emily

These are good points that Jean Duley is making here; as to why it was home-grown and not foreign.

March 4, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  15. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Good night friends! I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony~♫♫♫ And I'm not even drinking a coca~cola!
    Great show tonight! You give me hope! Luv u all! »-(¯`v´¯)-»

March 4, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  16. Patrick

@starr It's actually against the law for a mental health professional to not report suicidal or homicidal behavior.

March 4, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  17. David, Indiana

A hardcore marketing power pt presentation. And that's sort of a compliment. It is an insult to donors and voters over all. I don't know what to make of the caricaturing or is that satirizing, that is sort of standard in politics? The political cartoonists do this stuff way better.

Good evening Briana. Glad there are rescuers to pull a dog out of a river when they get into one.

March 4, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  18. Emily

It's good to hear from Jean Duley to have some kind of answers as to what kind of person he was.
    If she told them not to let him go as he was suicidal and would kill himself, why on earth would they let him go?

March 4, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  19. Sheila Toomey

What a Crazy Scientist.

Who would RELEASE a guy like that!?!?!?!?!

March 4, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  20. Patrick

By no means am I defending this wacko scientist, but should this counselor really be spilling this guy's secrets?

March 4, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  21. starr, formerly known as vincent

I was so relieved when they found the man who sent the anthrax.

I know that it is law that counselors are not allowed to report on their clients, however, if someone is that our of balance, i think it is important to report them.

March 4, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  22. Monica M. Williams

Rogue Wave:
    I love being in and around the water. Just not a fan of cruises on them. I've been on domestic and an European cruise. Cruising is my least favorite way of vacationing. Scenes like this give me reason not to change my mind.

March 4, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  23. D..J.

Thank you, Anderson for fair reporting and so informative show.
    Keep up the work on Keep Them Honest.

March 4, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  24. Emily

This Anthrax suspect, I wonder how no one noticed that he had a problem with vodka & pills.

March 4, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  25. Emily

@David, Indiana,

"Glad the suspect is in custody, hopefully he recovers from his injuries and they can find out what was motivating him."

Hi David, I'd love to know what it was that motivated this gunman too. I'm really happy that the 2 police officers are going to be fine and no one else was hurt. It sounds like all the safety measures that were put into action after 9/11 worked very well.

March 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  26. Sheila Toomey

If the owners are not found for the cute little dog. Im sure the calls will be pouring in to the SPC of Cali.

March 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  27. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nicole from the Netherlands,
    Welcome to Live Blog show tonight! Have nice see you tonight,. 🙂

Gabriela,
    Yes, it is so shocking I have seen this cruise knock out of big waves, Maybe it was caused by tsunami should be. That is so terrible video! 🙁

March 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  28. starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you for the story about the dog. I hope they find the owner(s) soon. If not, i'll bet that dog will be pretty popular for adoption.

Hi Nichole-Netherlands, great to see you on the blog tonight.

March 4, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  29. Kim- Ohio

Poor little dog!! Glad he got rescued. I think Anderson has a soft spot for dogs 🙂

March 4, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  30. Emily

That is wild what is going on in California!

What a cute dog. 🙂

@Nicole from the Netherlands, hope to see you on the AC360 blog more often! 🙂

March 4, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  31. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Correction: "caricature." Yikes!

March 4, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  32. Patrick

The GOP has hit a new low, and it's terrifying the harm they're willing to cause in order to hold onto their power. This is the kind of behavior I used to expect from dictators, and the worst part is they're unashamed. This is exactly why I left the GOP in 08.

March 4, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  33. Sheila Toomey

Thank you, Mr Cooper, for doing what you do. 🙂

March 4, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  34. Gabriela Vaughan from Nicaragua

Oh My God this video of the cruiser is Scary! How terrifying it could be? there's no place to run!!!

March 4, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  35. Jennifer - AZ

Am I wrong, or haven't we seen the joker picture at some previous republican event? I think this is right in line with what republicans have been peddling. – Sarah & death panels, Nazi girl, "socialist", guns at rallies, screaming at town hall meetings. It's absurd.

March 4, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  36. Diana - New Jersey

We buy local produce whenever possible and are planning to start a small garden this year. Unfortunately when it comes to meat, we are at the mercy of the big slaughterhouses. I don't think we can raise chickens in the burbs just yet!

March 4, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  37. Paolo

I'm sure something like those notorious power points portrayals happen a lot across both parties. Don't forget, Hugo Chavez once portrayed Bush as "the devil."

March 4, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  38. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

@Jo Ann, You're right, there is a double standard, Bush and Cheney have been called much worse.

March 4, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  39. Gabriela Vaughan from Nicaragua

Oh My God this video of the cruiser is Scary! How terrifying it could be?

March 4, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  40. Emily

What? AC360 Staff didn't know who Dom DeLuise was? I don't believe that!

March 4, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  41. Nicole from the Netherlands

@ Devin and Emily, thanks, nice to meet you. All because of this addictive ;)good reporting!

March 4, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  42. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

@BettyAnn
    Thank you Anderson and CNN for showing the cruelty, unhealthyness and greedy motives of the meat industry. You are my heros!
    Betty!
    I agree!!!!!!!! Anderson is also my hero, too! 🙂

March 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  43. Kim- Ohio

Tom Hanks...funny guy!!!

March 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  44. charlie

Democratic socialist is a perfectly respectable and often used label for a political party in most modern democracies. Only in the US is the term socialist viewed as wholy negative. Every rich county including the US has plenty of socialism, the policy differences are where you apply socialism, (Army or healtcare?) and to what extent.

March 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  45. D..J.

Leaked RNC Document may it wake up some people to what is going in this country.

March 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  46. Sheryl- Florida

This is why I went RAW VEGAN!! For the sake of the animals and the environment. Sad to see this treatment of animals in the usa.

March 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  47. starr, formerly known as vincent

I don't know about every one else, but i am SIck of negative campaigning!

Why do the parties have to deamonize each other? It has made politice absolutely Toxic.

Great panel discussion. Ed Rollins is right, it hurts each party!-The Tom Hanks video was very funny (his mimic of Carville).

Hello to Kim and Gabriela- Nicaragua.

g

March 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  48. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I don't know why this is such a big issue. As I recall weren't there charicatures of George Bush all the time? And what about the Dems calling Cheney (not that I don't disagree with it) the Prince of Darkness and Darth Vadar?

This is getting blown way out of proportion.

March 4, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  49. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Love James Carvell! @megandresslar you Go girl! XO

March 4, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  50. A. Smith, Oregon

The Republican National Committee didn't cross the line in my opinion, its a open and honest view of what they think and how they are motivated as well as what they think motivates their donors. It's very accurate on what Republicans are actually saying behind closed doors.

March 4, 2010 at 10:27 pm |